• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Game of Thrones Discussion [SPOILERS]

You'll really struggle to avoid the ending being spoiled on you I'd say!
Hell even season 1's big shock is less effective if you know its coming. I'm thankful people who read the books didn't tell anyone.

Hell even season 1's big shock is less effective if you know its coming. I'm thankful people who read the books didn't tell anyone.
That and then the RW I think alone were some of the most shocking moments in tv history. I had read the books but it was still rough to watch on TV. Haven't been as shocked by anything since although hold the door isn't far off. Hardhome was the most terrifying episode for me though.

finally managed to watch the first episode last night. It was over so quick! I'm still sitting here and thinking, how the hell are they going to fit everything else in 7 episodes?????

I don't get why Sam was so mad that his dad was executed though. His dad was a total prick to him, and was the reason why Sam went to the Night's Watch in the first place, and he also didn't get the warm reunion when he went back home. I can understand his grief for his brother, but his father.

Oh and how did Theon and his men manage to sneak onto that one boat so easily to free his sister?? doesn't make sense at all.

It's only going to be 6 episodes. Next one will be same length as first one then the remaining 4 will be 80 mins long each.

I think he was still his father at the end of the day. Despite being a total Cnut to Sam.

On Theon and his men managed to sneak on whilst Enron was banging Cersei in KL. Can only guess that his men are not as "on the ball" with their leader around.

TBF Sam was understandable once he accepted he fathers death saying at least he can come home now his Brother is head etc. he clearly wasn't so much as mad at that more just the shock.
Being told his brother died was what pushed him over the edge which is entirely understandable.
Especially with Dickon being the young brother. I imagine the Sam would be more protective of him, even if Dickon sided with his Father.

Yeah but there was an entire Armada! Did nobody see them?

Yeah but they only snuck on one of the ships (how they knew which one Yara was on is another question; maybe Euron's ship is more distinctive).

One of those you have to suspend your disbelief plot holes i'm afraid. Doesn't make total sense but is immaterial to the story.

Eurons ship (Silence) is known the world over, it's supposed to be one of the best ships there is - the Ironborn would definitely recognise it.

Didn't cersei invite the golden company into the city? I imagine the ships were basically empty

Eurons ship (Silence) is known the world over, it's supposed to be one of the best ships there is - the Ironborn would definitely recognise it.

Didn't cersei invite the golden company into the city? I imagine the ships were basically empty

They also distinguish it visually in show. It's sails are bigger than the other ships. It's being focused on anytime they show the fleet.

I mean at kings landing with all known enemies the other side of the country getting ready to fight a punch of monsters.
Would it be a shock if only a handful of people are "Guarding" anything.

Going at night, I can see it happening TBH.

I mean at kings landing with all known enemies the other side of the country getting ready to fight a punch of monsters.
Would it be a shock if only a handful of people are "Guarding" anything.

Going at night, I can see it happening TBH.
Plus theons ship is one from the iron fleet - still has greyjoy sails and everything, wouldn't really stand out as anything suspicious

Another slow one I thought; the quiet before the battle. But with the next episode likely to be epic battle and lots of death, probably needed. Arya losing her cherry to Gendry (something not quite right watching her naked after watching her grow up since the 1st season). And Dany finding out, but being more concerned with JS' claim to the Iron throne than realising she's been sleeping with her nephew.

Didn't quite buy the forgiveness of Jamie at the beginning - I would have thought Dany would have said he could stay to fight but if he should survive (Bran/3 eye Raven suggests otherwise) she will deal with him then. He still betrayed and murdered her father.

I mean wasn't the Targaryen not adverse to that sort of thing. So not sure the nephew thing is that much of a concern.

Yeah she's more concerned with him getting his mitts on the Iron throne and having a greater claim to it than her. Power trumping bonking her nephew.

So will we have the classic good guy turns to bad guy trait by not saving the main good guy.

I can see it now.
Jon Snow is surround by white walkers all hope looks lost.
Jon looks up and sees Dany flying above on her dragon
Jon cries out for help.
But Dany looks at him and smirks and proceeds to fly away looking back a Jon snow being overpowered.
Dany arrives back at winterfell and tells Sansa Jon is dead crying into her arms.
Only for Jon to enter Saying

I really enjoyed that episode
Bit concerning that there's only four left to go but I like the slow ones as much as the hour long battles

Tormund cracked me up this episode. I mean WTF was that killing a Giant and then getting into his wife's bed who suckled him for 4 months story and then downing that milk and spilling it over his beard. :D

Latest posts