• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Game wrecker

C

contepomi

I discovered this while playing my Super 12 season long into the night, but will probably never use it again as it practically takes all fun out of the game. It makes it basically impossible to lose possession.

So here goes :

1. If you run into trouble and are about to be tackled, press and hold R3.
2. When the ruck is formed the cursor will be above the player who is holding on to the ball in the ruck.
3. Unpress R3 and your scrumhalf will now have the ball. Pass out and repeat this as often as necessary.

P.S. Sometimes, instead of your attacking set plays being displayed, your defensive ones will come up, but don't worry, keep holding R3 and eventually the opposition will be unable to get the ball out and a scrum will be awarded to your team.

Just have to make a promise to ourselves not to do that. Much like some of the untoward activities on a real rugby pitch that we would never do... unless we were losing
<

If the referee didn't see it, it's not a foul. If you did against the sais then it's not an offence in my book!!

<
<
I learned this from another thread, and it seemed to work initially, but when I played today and used it I got penalsied off the pitch.

Sometimes it worked as you said, but most of the time I got penalsied for killing the ball.

I gather that "R3" is the kill the ball/hands in ruck button (button 10).

I am trying to press and hold it as I get tackled, but for some reason I'm getting turned over still . Perhaps I'm not tapping the bind to ruch button (button 2) quickly enough as the ruch forms ?

Or perhaps button 10 is not the correct one to press and hold ?

Any ideas ?

just realised, perhaps it's coz I'm pressing and holding the hands in ruck button just after and not before I'm tackled ?

Try and press it just before the tackle but I often just press it too late I guess ?

Contepomi - what difficulty are you playing on?

i play on hard - and using that method has made the game so much better

i still turn over the ball, and i get penalised a bit, but it makes it realistic, and makes the game way better. you must be playing on normal to say that you win every one.

I play on hard but after another day's playing I have realised that it doesn't actually kill the game off at all. I lost 37-17 to Brescia while using this tactic.

Yeah, its good, its well balanced, sometimes being a penalty and sometimes being a scrum just like real rugby. This actually makes it possible to string together enough phases against england to make it fun, why is it not in the control book?

Originally posted by THE CHIROPRACTOR101+Apr 9 2005, 10:57 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (THE CHIROPRACTOR101 @ Apr 9 2005, 10:57 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-abes58
@Apr 10 2005, 03:27 AM
Against the Poms anything goes
<
<
<
.....wheres the england hate thread in here? [/b]
It's inherent in every thread
<
<
<

Originally posted by sambad5+Apr 10 2005, 04:35 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sambad5 @ Apr 10 2005, 04:35 PM)</div>
Originally posted by abes58@Apr 10 2005, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by THE CHIROPRACTOR101@Apr 9 2005, 10:57 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-abes58
@Apr 10 2005, 03:27 AM
Against the Poms anything goes

<
<
<
.....wheres the england hate thread in here?

It's inherent in every thread
<
<
<
hahaha so ture
<
[/b]
<

so...

so ture......

<

At least we can spell 'true'... Only kidding boys, gotta love the good old north/south divide, makes those world cup clashes/lions tours so much more entertaining... already counting down the days!

Yeah but I was showing my dislike for the English, from north of the border in Glasgow. Still, I'm right behind the Lions for the summer tour.

2 points :

-Does pressing the "hands in ruck button BEFORE you get tackled make all the difference ?

- After you've been turned over at a ruck/maul, why is it that you have to keep and holding the hands in ruck button, you have to then keep it held down until the referee either penalises you or gives you a scrum ? If you release the hands in ruck button at any stage after you've initially pressed it (to try and avoid the turnover), then you get penalsied straight away.

The big problem I'm having is this : About to be tackled, so hold down hands in ruck button. Get tackled - lose ball, but the ball won't come out coz I'm still holding down "hands in ruck". Now, if I let go, the ref gives penalty. So I have to hold on until either I get penalised anyway (about 60% of the time), or a get a scrum (about 40% of the time).

Is everyone else having the same problem ?

Holding down this bttuon does seems to avoid so many turnovers, but I'm giving away so many penalties that it usually costs me about 6-12 points per match .

Originally posted by GarVanNeath@Apr 11 2005, 12:12 PM
2 points :

-Does pressing the "hands in ruck button BEFORE you get tackled make all the difference ?

- After you've been turned over at a ruck/maul, why is it that you have to keep and holding the hands in ruck button, you have to then keep it held down until the referee either penalises you or gives you a scrum ? If you release the hands in ruck button at any stage after you've initially pressed it (to try and avoid the turnover), then you get penalsied straight away.

The big problem I'm having is this : About to be tackled, so hold down hands in ruck button. Get tackled - lose ball, but the ball won't come out coz I'm still holding down "hands in ruck". Now, if I let go, the ref gives penalty. So I have to hold on until either I get penalised anyway (about 60% of the time), or a get a scrum (about 40% of the time).

Is everyone else having the same problem ?

Holding down this bttuon does seems to avoid so many turnovers, but I'm giving away so many penalties that it usually costs me about 6-12 points per match .
As I said in the other thread...

YOU ARE NOT DOING IT PROPERLY...

practise it in practise mode for half an hour or so, I didn't but you need to, you release it when you want to pass the ball and depress it more quickly in other situations.

You need to get a feel for it - it requires personal effort and practise - plse stop asking about it.

and toup.......

dear god - it was a joke man!! check the emoticon - I mispelt it purposely.....
<

Your doing it right mate, its just that the more often you use it, the more often your likely to get turned and end up penalised. There is no way around this its just the price you have to pay. Only use it in situations where you can gain considerable advantage, not all the time. If your in the oppositions 22 throw every thing youve got at them, and just let them turn you without using hands in the ruck, this way when you are turned they will clear it straight back to you for another go, otherwise you get penalised, and they get out of danger. Usually when not using this tactic you will get turned after 1 or 2 phases, using this extends it to for or five phases, but you WILL eventually get turned, and if your still holding onto the ball you will be penalised. Just think of it like real rugby, if you have hands in the ruck all the time youll get done all the time, just use it wisely.

Latest posts