• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Gamepad controls for the PC-HELP!!

Originally posted by empppapy@Feb 17 2006, 02:34 AM
I'd like to know if the pad SAITEK p880 is supported or not ?

Because I want this game mainly for multiplayer and thus I still hesitate about buying it or not :blink:
I'll look in the list for you when I get home

Welcome to the forum lads

According to the readme:

The following controllers consist of button configurations that do not match either the controller diagrams or game tutorials.

Belkin® Nostromo N50 Speed Pad™
EMS® Joypad Converter™
Gravis® Gamepad Pro USB™
Interact® Hammerhead FX™
Interact® Axis Pad Colors™
Logitech® Rumblepad Cordless™
MadCatz® PC Control Pad Pro™
Mayflash® Super Dual Box™
Microsoft Xbox 360™ Controller for Windows®
Nyko® Air Flo EX™
Play.com® USB Dual PS2 to PC Convertor XP™
Saitek® P880™
Saitek® P990™
Saitek® P2500 Rumblepad (Cyborg Force Rumble Pad)™
Saitek® P2600 Rumblepad™
Saitek® P2900 Wireless Pad™
Saitek® P3000 Wireless Pad™
Speed-Link® SL-6540 Bullfrog Pad™
Thrustmaster® Firestorm Dual Power 3™
Thrustmaster® Wireless Dual Trigger™
Thrustmaster® Dual Trigger Force Gamepad PS2/PC 3.2™
Thrustmaster® Rechargeable Dual Trigger Wireless 2in1 2.0™

So the answer is yes, it is supported but in an unplayable button configuration layout - like with the Xbox controller...

I had a Saitek P2900 Wireless Pad with R05 but got fed up with it coz I couldn't get the button manager software to make a nice configuration for use with the game coz the buttons simplpy didn't fit so I forked out for a logitech pad that is similar to the PS2 pad, it's much better if you have a game pad that fits the games layout, makes it a little more enjoyable etc.

Ok thanks for the info ! :bravo:

I hope the trick you mentionned earlier will work for you Kirwan.

Personally, my pad comes with a programm which enables me, in theory, to manually configure buttons for each game ... I've never given it a try but I hope it will work !

Originally posted by empppapy@Feb 16 2006, 05:00 PM

Personally, my pad comes with a programm which enables me, in theory, to manually configure buttons for each game ... I've never given it a try but I hope it will work !

I had a similar kind of program with my Saitek contrioller and it just messed up all of the time (on R05) but I hope yours work mate

Originally posted by Quintes+Feb 17 2006, 05:04 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-empppapy
@Feb 16 2006, 05:00 PM

I had a similar kind of program with my Saitek contrioller and it just messed up all of the time (on R05) but I hope yours work mate [/b]
Yes it may be ok.
Otherwise I have 2 logitech gamepads (logitech precision) but the bad point is that there are no analog sticks :toss: I guess that the right stick is needed to fully enjoy the game, isn't it ?

EDIT : I found this http://forums.rugbyleague2.com/showthread.php?t=11482.
There is a guide for my pad (too bad it is Rugby League 2 and not Rugby 06) and there is a link to configure a XBOX controller at the end. It might help you Kirwan :mellow:

Originally posted by empppapy+Feb 17 2006, 05:10 AM-->
Originally posted by Quintes@Feb 17 2006, 05:04 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-empppapy
@Feb 16 2006, 05:00 PM

I had a similar kind of program with my Saitek contrioller and it just messed up all of the time (on R05) but I hope yours work mate
Yes it may be ok.
Otherwise I have 2 logitech gamepads (logitech precision) but the bad point is that there are no analog sticks :toss: I guess that the right stick is needed to fully enjoy the game, isn't it ?

EDIT : I found this http://forums.rugbyleague2.com/showthread.php?t=11482.
There is a guide for my pad (too bad it is Rugby League 2 and not Rugby 06) and there is a link to configure a XBOX controller at the end. It might help you Kirwan :mellow: [/b]
Thanks mate, I came across that emulation software on my travels. Unfortunately, I can change the mappings with it but with inconsistant results in the game.

I tried the csv file again, even taking the approach to remove all/modify all and much around but nothing seems to work.

The most annoying thing is that it worked in Rugby Challenge first up (as did the resolution settings, but that's another story).

Why can Swordfish add it in and not EA? Particulary as Swordfish finished the game before the Xbox 360 came out....

I'm not keen to buy another controller for this, might just have to take it back and wait for the 360 emulater.

Damn.

Originally posted by Kirwan@Feb 17 2006, 10:10 AM

Thanks mate, I came across that emulation software on my travels. Unfortunately, I can change the mappings with it but with inconsistant results in the game.

I tried the csv file again, even taking the approach to remove all/modify all and much around but nothing seems to work.

The most annoying thing is that it worked in Rugby Challenge first up (as did the resolution settings, but that's another story).

Why can Swordfish add it in and not EA? Particulary as Swordfish finished the game before the Xbox 360 came out....

I'm not keen to buy another controller for this, might just have to take it back and wait for the 360 emulater.

Damn.
Damn this is too bad :blink: !
I feel sorry for you but maybe in a couple of weeks a patch will show up as it did for R2005.
Have you tried to play on keyboard yet ?

Yeah, but I don't find the keyboard play that intuitive - much prefer using a controller.

Originally posted by Kirwan@Feb 17 2006, 10:17 PM
Yeah, but I don't find the keyboard play that intuitive - much prefer using a controller.
I do agree. Fortunately, even though my gamepad Saitek p880 doesn't match "the controller diagrams or game tutorials", it works fine. For instance, button 8 in the game is button 8 on my pad (but this button is somewhere else on the pad).
So my controls are not messed up.

Btw I bought this controller 13â'¬ (about $15), which is cheap.
Anyway tell us if you manage to solve this problem !

It's ruined the PC version for me.

I use my PS2 pad, and on RL2 & RC 2006 it was mapped perfectly, but on Rugby 06...euckkk

Here's the PS2 pad config on PC

Pass left/right - L2/R2 (Takes some getting used to)
Sprint - R1
Change Player - L1

And the worst thing is the face buttons are all turned anti-clockwise one turn, so X is now SQUARE and CIRCLE is X... Very VERY Annoying

Punt = CIRCLE
Drop Goal = X
Grubber = SQUARE
Bomb = Triangle

Put all this together, include set plays, rucks, scrums etc, AND after playing the PS2 version for weeks, it's really impossible to play.

Gutted really, cos it's so smooth and looks so great! :(

That sounds like the default configuration that it uses when it doesn't find my Xbox 360 controller.

That's kind of promising, as if this problem is affecting a larger group of people them hopefully there's more change of it getting fixed.

Or am I dreaming?

I got the emulation software working (mostly) for the Xbox controller. There's a good write up here;

http://www.mattbrett.com/archives/2005/11/...er-for-windows/

ABout how to get it working, it should work with any controller really. You basically map the keyboard controllers to whatever buttons you have and chose keyboard in the game.

Works well enough, but the software is shareware (30 day trial).

So finally got to play. I like.

Originally posted by locksley@Feb 19 2006, 01:05 AM
It's ruined the PC version for me.

I use my PS2 pad, and on RL2 & RC 2006 it was mapped perfectly, but on Rugby 06...euckkk

Here's the PS2 pad config on PC

Pass left/right - L2/R2 (Takes some getting used to)
Sprint - R1
Change Player - L1

And the worst thing is the face buttons are all turned anti-clockwise one turn, so X is now SQUARE and CIRCLE is X... Very VERY Annoying

Punt = CIRCLE
Drop Goal = X
Grubber = SQUARE
Bomb = Triangle

Put all this together, include set plays, rucks, scrums etc, AND after playing the PS2 version for weeks, it's really impossible to play.

Gutted really, cos it's so smooth and looks so great! :(
know what you mean, thats the same setup my ps2 pad had on r2005.

but it took only a few games to get the hang of it, and i find it quite easy to remember all the buttons

I'm using the logitech dual pad on my pc to play the game but it is frustrating the hell out of me that everytime I want to bring up the pause menu while playing a game to make substitutions I have to hit esc on my keyboard. I have one unused button on my game pad and I have looked into the .csv file but for the life of me I can't figure out how to map the remaining button to bring up the sub menu in game. Please somebody help!! :cryy:

The only way you can edit the buttons is edit the controltypes in the data folder default is C:/Program Files/EA SPORTS/EA SPORTS Rugby 06/Data
you will need microsoft Excel to edit your type of controller!

Locate your type of controller then look at the config then remap it, dont forget to make a backup of the file 1st.

Hope this helps

Originally posted by asde@Feb 26 2006, 01:36 AM
what controller type for superbox pro 3 ?
If your controller is not in the list then it will map to the nearest controller config, the superbox pro 3 is a usb converter for the PSX, the PSX is in the list so you not need to worry, its mapped as:

30 1 PSX controller in via a MP-8866 Dual USB Joypad 42 DEVICE_CONF_MPSX MP-8866Dual* GENE 0 12 1 4 3 2 1 7 8 5 6 9 10 11 12 PS2 Pad but crazy mappings

Hope this makes things a little more clear for you!

Latest posts