• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Games that you wish would be made...

Garth Jenkins International Rugby Manager.

Saracens "road to the Heineken Cup first round" Challenge

Northampton Saints Tycoon

Civilisation III: RFU edition.

SANZAR first-person-shoot-yerself-in-the-foot game III (ELV edition)

Shane Williams & Bryan Habana Speed Racing.

(Player) Burnout Paradise

Lyn Jone's EDF Cup Challenge (possibly the worst game ever made)

Guiness Premiership vs Top 14 2008

Call of Duty: Georgian Rugby World Cup Campaign

Sir Speedy Sudoku Challenge.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fred187 @ Jan 6 2009, 01:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (187 @ Jan 6 2009, 11:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fred187 @ Jan 6 2009, 05:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Jonah Lomu Rugby 2 and Rugby League 3, both on PS3.[/b]

they made a JLR2 aka World Championship Rugby and it was shite.
[/b][/quote]

Not really - it was a 'spiritual successor', which means it isn't a real sequel. I agree that it wasn't very good (although it was quite fun in multiplayer) - which is why a proper sequel should be made.
[/b][/quote]

yeah i thougt about adding that it wasn't a real sequel, but i couldn't be bothered typing all that up and now i can see it's come back to bite me in the arse. a spiritual successor is a good way of putting it. i also wanted to say, what would a real sequel be like? i don't think they can make the same game with improved graphics, same game play and updated rosters. i don't know anything about programming but i'm sure the ps2, ps3 or 360 platforms make it too complicated??? if someone knows anything about programming, please correct me.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (187 @ Jan 7 2009, 12:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fred187 @ Jan 6 2009, 01:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (187 @ Jan 6 2009, 11:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fred187 @ Jan 6 2009, 05:11 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Jonah Lomu Rugby 2 and Rugby League 3, both on PS3.[/b]

they made a JLR2 aka World Championship Rugby and it was shite.
[/b][/quote]

Not really - it was a 'spiritual successor', which means it isn't a real sequel. I agree that it wasn't very good (although it was quite fun in multiplayer) - which is why a proper sequel should be made.
[/b][/quote]

yeah i thougt about adding that it wasn't a real sequel, but i couldn't be bothered typing all that up and now i can see it's come back to bite me in the arse. a spiritual successor is a good way of putting it. i also wanted to say, what would a real sequel be like? i don't think they can make the same game with improved graphics, same game play and updated rosters. i don't know anything about programming but i'm sure the ps2, ps3 or 360 platforms make it too complicated??? if someone knows anything about programming, please correct me.
[/b][/quote]

Well, actually that's exactly what I want them to do - I consider the gameplay in JLR to be as close to perfect as you can get. You're right, though, in the sense that improving the graphics make the gameplay much more difficult ro produce - the tackling in JLR was so good because they didn't really need to worry about specific tackle animations, so the tackling didn't feel so scripted (as it does in recent Rugby games). However, the problem could be solved with this technology:

http://www.naturalmotion.com/euphoria.htm

How about a game like grand theft auto except you can choose to work a legitimate job during the day and be a crook at night? or you could choose to be a sportsman, train and actually play in actual soccer games or you could be an actor/stuntman or whatever and be straight as an arrow during the night, visiting strip clubs and going to the pub.

it's just one big online world and when your not online playing, your deemed to be asleep, depending on how far along u are in this game, you could be sleeping in a cardboard box, a shack, a little white house with a white picket fence or a penthouse! during this period, your house can get robbed if no alarm is installed or your car can get jacked.

possible lines of work, you could be a cop and fight the bad guys or you could be a bad guy. and then there are any different number of goods and services you could pick up and provide to the citizens of this online world.

Latest posts