• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Gareth Edwards Discussion

Originally posted by THE CHIROPRACTOR101@Apr 5 2006, 12:02 AM
becoz i have not seen him play any rugby...
But you said you won't decide until you have seen him play. How can you decide he is not worthy of the Hall of Fame if you have not seen him. Surely if you don't know about him, not voting at all is the smart option?

Lora 4 people voted no for michael jones as well. I would love to know who did.

maybe I should abstain from voting on this one because it was before my time and I did not see him play. Or maybe I should vote no because I didn't see him play or because none of my friends talked about him. He's not really that famous in nz either so maybe that is another reason to not vote or vote no.

Originally posted by esoj@Apr 5 2006, 06:17 AM
maybe I should abstain from voting on this one because it was before my time and I did not see him play. Or maybe I should vote no because I didn't see him play or because none of my friends talked about him. He's not really that famous in nz either so maybe that is another reason to not vote or vote no.
The same way I've been saying Micheal Jones isn't that famous in England?

Oh wait, that was my point in the other thread...

well it just shows that although nzers like to think they know alot about rugby, they reall dont know alot,

gareth edwards is perhaps regarded and the greatest player of all time, in any position or era. to say you dont know about him shows a complete lack of knowledge of the game.

i voted "yes" for michael jones because as a rugby fan i take it as my liberty to research and watch old footage, and on that evidence i think hes worthy of a place.

but to be honest michael jones is no where near as good a player gareth was, i know they were diff positions, but gareth edwards was faultless. where as michael jones had his faults.

Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby+Apr 5 2006, 08:25 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-esoj
@Apr 5 2006, 06:17 AM
maybe I should abstain from voting on this one because it was before my time and I did not see him play. Or maybe I should vote no because I didn't see him  play or because none of my friends talked about him. He's not really that famous in nz either so maybe that is another reason to not vote or vote no.
The same way I've been saying Micheal Jones isn't that famous in England?

Oh wait, that was my point in the other thread... [/b]
my post was heavily sarcarstic which you failed to pick up on.

and i have actually heard of gareth edwards and seen some footage of him play.

michael jones is one of the all time greats of the game so he should be right up there whether he is the best or not is another question but he in my books is right up with the best to ever play the game

no... i really didnt pick up on your sarcasm. you sounded serious to me. which is worrying.

May write an Article on Gareth Edwards rather than post that from wiki, if i get a chance that is

Latest posts