• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Gareth Edwards Discussion

Fair enough, seems like a decent idea but we need some sort of decision making process, can't just write a piece and say hey presto Mr X is now in the Hall of Fame. We'll see what Dan has to say then.

shifty3.gif

Originally posted by An Tarbh@Mar 27 2006, 02:08 AM
Fair enough, seems like a decent idea but we need some sort of decision making process, can't just write a piece and say hey presto Mr X is now in the Hall of Fame. We'll see what Dan has to say then.
Perhaps have like a time period where discussion will be put forward. It will be sort of like the system now where somebody will write a piece on a player. Then there will be discussion surrounding it for a limited period of time...Say, a week? that's when the topic will be closed and the "Jury" will be out. Leaving it open for a week to decide should be good, as there will be enough time for both sides to get their views across etc.

Unless it's a resounding Yes, then I guess time could be skipped forward a little...

@ Lora, I'm with you on that one...

Originally posted by loratadine@Mar 27 2006, 10:02 PM
i thought as much.
I have nothing against Edwards(brilliant player)

But you broke the first rule of the TRF Hall of Fame

1. Please dont Copy and Paste Articles off the web, cos thats not your opinion, the whole idea is to write an article, with your opinion, not copy and paste someone elses work...

You have the right to use existing articles for research, but please write your articles...
[/b]

Thats why i voted no ( the stir factor was just the icing), i honestly thought the ppl who made these rules would have brought this up before they put this to poll.

I just think its unfair that guys like GG write magnificent articles with there own words, and you copy and paste from Wikipedia.

Maybe its because you were born 9 years after he played his last match
huh.gif

thats is correct - but i wouldny expect an aussie to have realised that - after all their national folk song is about a hoe boe who shags a sheep

The New Rules were posted after Lora Posted his Thread and was the reason why I decided to bring in this rule.

I thought it was obvious that the whole point of the TRF hall of fame was for members to write there OWN article on there favorite players/coach

What is the point in having a Hall of Fame if ppl are just going to copy an article off a website and add a few pics, we may aswell just post a link to Wikipedia and scrap the whole thing , it defeats the purpose of the HOF to begin with if members dont take the time and effort to write there own article.

Originally posted by loratadine@Mar 28 2006, 05:15 AM
thats is correct - but i wouldny expect an aussie to have realised that - after all their national folk song is about a hoe boe who shags a sheep
Slit your wrists ....... it will lower your blood pressure.

Originally posted by The TRUTH!!@Mar 28 2006, 03:01 PM
I thought it was obvious that the whole point of the TRF hall of fame was for members to write there OWN article on there favorite players/coach

What is the point in having a Hall of Fame if ppl are just going to copy an article off a website and add a few pics, we may aswell just post a link to Wikipedia and scrap the whole thing , it defeats the purpose of the HOF to begin with if members dont take the time and effort to write there own article.
Hence why the rule was introduced.

Originally posted by loratadine@Mar 30 2006, 01:32 PM
anyone who voted no - should be shot
Lora, cool down man, this is the Hall of Fame not the Wall of Executions.

sorry im on dial up...so i wont play a video i dont wanna see

i havent seen him play really...so my decision is that he does not belong in the hall of fame..i dont care what merit he has to his name,his accomplishments,what he has done for rugby union tha game and his community...until i see a full game or several games of him play then i will make my decision

until then...these facts remain nothing until i see visual proof of the peoples claims that he belongs in such a special thread...

he does not belong in this hall of fame..coz i have not seen him play several games till which i can decide

Latest posts