• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Gavin Henson wants to play Super14

A

ALLBLACKS

Henson keen for Super 14 debut

Saturday November 11 2006

Wales star sets his long-term goal
Wales utility backline star Gavin Henson has revealed his long-term ambition to quit Wales and play amongst the southern hemisphere big guns in the Super 14 competition.

Gavin_Henson_kick200.jpg

However, the 24-year-old, who is contracted to Ospreys until 2009, insists he want to fulfil his aims with the Neath-Swansea club and Wales before he heads off.

"I like watching the Super 14 and I'd love to be part of it," Henson said.

"There's lots I want to achieve with Wales and Ospreys first - until then I'm not going anywhere."

Henson has only just won back his place in Wales' starting line-up after a lengthy comeback from groin surgery and suspension.

As he continues to rediscover his best form, the centre is focused on his immediate targets of leading Ospreys to the knockout stages of the Heineken Cup and playing a part in next year's Rugby World Cup in France.

"Right now I want to hold on to my place in the Wales team and be there for the World Cup," said Henson.

"I missed out on the last one and it was a massive disappointment, so I want to make sure I am in it this time.

"Hopefully the Ospreys can reach the Heinken Cup quarter-finals, we have to do that to move on."

However, while Henson fulfils his domestic commitments he is keeping one eye on a future move to a Super 14 club in New Zealand, Australia or South Africa.

"I would like to think that in five or more years' time I will still be playing and I do like Super 14," said Henson.

"They don't tend to take foreign players in that way, so I don't know if it is a realistic aim but it is something I'd like to do."

Credit- www.Planet-Rugby.com

He hasn't had media attention for a whole week bless him. Thought he'd better say something a bit out there just to make sure he isn't forgotten.

I am sure someone will take him and abuse him on the bench, its all he deserves... or has he been told by Charlotte that she wants to live in the southern hemisphere...

Well I'd say he'd end up in South Africa.

Australia did have a policy of only having players eligible for playing for Aussie in their teams although that may have changed now that there is another team, not sure.

New Zealand Super 14 players get a set wage which isn't that high (the top players get there big money from the ABs), and he wouldn't get that much through the Air New Zealand Cup team.

He's to big of a pussy to play S14. If he comes to SA he could fit in with the Stormers, they also like putting gel in their hair, tanning in sunbeds etc. you know all that metro-sexual kak!

Hes not really a pussy, The guy can hit. He sent a English Prop to his arse during the Grandslam decider. He put on some good hits on the All Blacks too during that second test. So you cannot say he wont make a team with the Argument, You would have to use a more logical reason like JJ did.

I think the policy of the Super 14 teams in Australia is that if you play for 1 of the franchises then you must be eligable to play for the Wallabies.

He could possibly go to one of the lesser New Zealand teams? but i think in reality he would end up playing for a South African team.

This news is old, and I don't think he will go down under anyway.

Well, maybe on Charlotte!

He's to big of a pussy to play S14. If he comes to SA he could fit in with the Stormers, they also like putting gel in their hair, tanning in sunbeds etc. you know all that metro-sexual kak!
[/b]

They are?, here I was thinking they were playing Rugby.

nevermind you must still be mad at us for owning you twice in the currie cup this year, and then you get to go on and share the cup with the cheetas, shows you how much justice there is in this world.

I don't see how he could play in the super 14, they're not really that big on NH players.

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]

They are?, here I was thinking they were playing Rugby.

nevermind you must still be mad at us for owning you twice in the currie cup this year, and then you get to go on and share the cup with the cheetas, shows you how much justice there is in this world.

I don't see how he could play in the super 14, they're not really that big on NH players.
[/b][/quote]

Ah yes and when the Semis came the Bulls blew you off the park just like they did in the S14. They 2 times you beat us in the league stages are long forgotten!

Hes not really a pussy, The guy can hit. He sent a English Prop to his arse during the Grandslam decider. He put on some good hits on the All Blacks too during that second test. So you cannot say he wont make a team with the Argument, You would have to use a more logical reason like JJ did.
[/b]

Don't you mean an Irish prop during the Grandslam decider. Wales played England in their first match of their Grand Slam year and Ireland in the decider.

The guy is a good (if temperamental) player. He just needs to chill out a bit more.

He's to big of a pussy to play S14. If he comes to SA he could fit in with the Stormers, they also like putting gel in their hair, tanning in sunbeds etc. you know all that metro-sexual kak![/b]

Well then! Thats obviously why! With all that maniliness and testostrerone, its obvious why by the 15th of september when the Super 14 ended for the year, the Bulls had a runaway 100 point lead in the lea- no...wait...they're in 4th place and trailed the Crusaders by 12 points!

Guess the Crusaders were too manly even for the Bulls! :lol:

Um, since when did 4th place in the toughest union tournament (non-international) become an embarassment?

He could easily play in S14.

You can all criticise him, but it is his personality which stinks. Maybe if he goes to S14 then one of the teams may eventually knock him mentaly back into gear.

Aside from it being gay beyond belief...

Mind you, I come from Scotland...home of the sunbed weegies!

I'm only taking the **** out off you with the sunbeds, don't get mad. I would understand why you use sunbeds, it's cos the sun never shines.

Maybe he would really join the Stormers, I think the type of game they play would suite him.

Henson's a good hitter, and a good head on him. But BOD beats him for upping the stay-at-home price through media speculation about moving abroad.

The best line in that Wales-loving video (it is by Eddie Butler): Peele headbuts Grewcock's studs!

Eddie Butler was a crap rugby player and a crap rugby pundit, him and Brian Moore are so biased towards sides its unbeleiveable.

Back on topic:

The video showed what Henson can contribute to the game, running, tackling and kicking. He would fit into any side around the world. The video also showed how dirty England were in that game!

Latest posts