• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Gavin Henson

The problem is that he is a good player, but doesn't show the talent or desire to step it up to the next level. The way he courts the media loses him a lot of support regardless of his on-pitch ability. He would get away with his apparent ego more if he was better than just a decent player.
[/b]

2004 Henson, he was a passionate player. Showed all capabilities and every desire to be the best and play against the best at the highest level.
2005 Henson, he made the highs of rugby (temporarily) and the fame got to him. He relished in the limelight too much, he got injured and things began mounting up on him.

2 years later and nobody can call him a media-whore now. The Welsh very rarely see him in the papers etc.
I live not far from the guy and i occasionally see him shopping in Tesco's and he won't go there earlier than 11pm just to avoid the crowds.
His rugby has also stepped back up.
I felt when he played against Australia in the summer he put in 2 solid performances. Gareth Jenkins was the arsehole who didn't want to pick him.

Anyway, my point is, he's a different player now than he was during that infamous game against Leicester.

mister gavin henson, why don`t speak abuot the new rugby player the great juan martin hernandez a master

<div class='quotemain'>The problem is that he is a good player, but doesn't show the talent or desire to step it up to the next level. The way he courts the media loses him a lot of support regardless of his on-pitch ability. He would get away with his apparent ego more if he was better than just a decent player.
[/b]

2004 Henson, he was a passionate player. Showed all capabilities and every desire to be the best and play against the best at the highest level.
2005 Henson, he made the highs of rugby (temporarily) and the fame got to him. He relished in the limelight too much, he got injured and things began mounting up on him.

2 years later and nobody can call him a media-whore now. The Welsh very rarely see him in the papers etc.
I live not far from the guy and i occasionally see him shopping in Tesco's and he won't go there earlier than 11pm just to avoid the crowds.
His rugby has also stepped back up.
I felt when he played against Australia in the summer he put in 2 solid performances. Gareth Jenkins was the arsehole who didn't want to pick him.

Anyway, my point is, he's a different player now than he was during that infamous game against Leicester.
[/b][/quote]
You live near Gav and Char? You Prick...not so much the Gav, but definitely the Ms. Church.

mister gavin henson, why don`t speak abuot the new rugby player the great juan martin hernandez a master [/b]

You do realise Gavin Henson isn't actually on this board, right?
So i don't think he'll be able to answer your question.
Nice try at changing the topic tho mate. :blink:

You live near Gav and Char? You Prick...not so much the Gav, but definitely the Ms. Church.
[/b]

Actually, after having said that i just remembered they moved when they had the baby for a bit more privacy.
Yeah, i used to live about 10 houses away from them.
Ahh those were the days, trying to peer through the security fences, trying to get lucky glimpses into the living room and bedrooms at god knows what hour!

this debate is sooooooo tired now... there gunna be the old

awwww gavins a gay ****** overated piece of ****

but the people who say that are just edited by moderator!!!

Hes had one amazing season and after getting injured has never really got over it and got back to the form he use to have

Apart from on here the welsh people I know and have spoken to about him doesn't believe he should deserve a spot in the welsh team or at the moment should even be considered

Hes had one amazing season and after getting injured has never really got over it and got back to the form he use to have

Apart from on here the welsh people I know and have spoken to about him doesn't believe he should deserve a spot in the welsh team or at the moment should even be considered
[/b]

Sorry about the typo

at the moment should NOT even be considered

I watched Henson at Kingsholm last night and felt he is getting back to his best. He did let fame go to his head and his partner is famous so he gets more attention than he should. I feel He has learnt his lesson and will come back stronger.Hes a real talent and im looking foward to seeing him back in a welsh jersey where he belongs. Sonny Parker looked pretty good based on last nights game, why is no one talking about him as well.

Internationally Parker is horrendous. And the reason for this? Becuase he's not better than Shanklin so when he gets picked, he plays at 12. And Parker is NOT a 12.

But yeah, it's good to see Gav picking up his game at last and he's keeping well out of the limelight (Hook has helped with this a little, but he hasn't been going into the media that much either).
Gav's GOT TO get back on the welsh team.
No question.

Over-rated he may be. But Wales look all the more confident on his inclusion this six nations.

Gavin Henson is a great player ,but he, is very weak psychologically, and a player of international rugby that its exposed to the judgment of thousands of persons every week cannot say these stupidities.

i think his form deffinately dropped over the last couple of seasons but he been playin well since being brought back into the welsh set up

great player.

I used to think he was a ******** but Gatland's sorted him out, he hasn't thrown one temper tantrum and has quietly got on with it. Even Shanklin's had more media attention recently. Fair play to him, with the right guidance he's easily the best 12 in the UK.

Deffinately getting back to his best, still believe he's got alot more to come though.

Nice to see him there with the forewards at the end of both the England and Ireland matches, hitting rucks and making sure the ball get's back on the Welsh side.

Great player Henson, another amazing welsh player...
Sometimes I feel that he is a little bit overrated in the media, but he's still one of the best centres in the world. Wales has a very strong team really.

Great player Henson, another amazing welsh player...
Sometimes I feel that he is a little bit overrated in the media, but he's still one of the best centres in the world. Wales has a very strong team really.
[/b]

absolutelly... but his is a very bad human being... and that is very important

You're an idiot.
You don't even know the guy. I can make a safe bet and assume you've never even met him.
Who are you to judge him on his personality.
Judge the player, not the person.

Latest posts