• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

General Thread

Good news, IIRC that leaves Ireland as the only 6N team without properly professional contracts

Looks like Premier 15s are dropping to 8 sides from next season,
Sale not making the cut is a bit ****, no pro sides in the North now

BBC says the league still wants 10. Durham and Worcester dropping out makes sense cause of financial difficulties. I thought Wasps women were part of the Wasps amateur side not the troubled side? Sale dropping out sucks. I get they haven't been good but they should have the financial backing of a men's premiership side. You'd think having a pathway in Manchester would be important to the RFU.

Munster win interpros with clinching win this week. Tight win over leinster happened on second matchday. Can only find replays on youtube which is a shame. I think this comp could do well with proper marketing.

Mitchell confirmed.

Might be lively but a bit of a coup for the Red Roses. Presumably lack of Leicester links ruled him out of the running for the men's team.

This would be awesome, pity the "Lionesses" tag is already claimed but what a massive vehicle this would be for the womens game.

On top of that, for the Home Nations the experience of pooling talent and coaches from all 4 countries would be great. It may be a little England heavy for a while but that's not unfair given their performance.

BIL is unpopular here but I think it would be good for the other home nations.

Idk how it would grow the game but I know a great advertisement for women's rugby would be some england vs NZ test tours. It should be a great rivalry and would make people see how great women's rugby can be when players are professional.

Edit: just also saw Worcester pulled out of the premiership which is quite a blow.

Just spotted, Hartpury v Exeter live on TNT1 now.

Looks like it's not the only one this weekend

Latest posts