• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

General Transfer News/Rumours

Seaton

First XV
Club or Nation
Sharks
Rumours doing the rounds now that Kockett is off to Province, with Conrad Hoffman going in the opposite direction.

The Cheetahs have signed Andries Strauss (YAASSS!) and Wilhem Steenkamp.

Sharks have signed Meyer Bosman, but have lost the contractual dispute over Mapoe, however the Sharks are considering an appeal.

Feel free to add a rumour that has some basis, anythin that comes from major media qualifies

Last edited:
I know WP have denied interest in Kockett, calling it wild rumour. Thanks god for Andries leaving Durban. Now we just need to get Mapoe signed and our backline is gonna look sweeeeet.

9) Kockett
10) Lambie
11) Mvovo
12) Bosman
13) Mapoe
14) JP Pietersen
15) Ludik

This rumour came up a few months ago, but just seemed a little to sudden and strange to be considered truthful in the slightest, but the rumour has re-surfaced more regurlarly now to make it worthwhile

John Smit to join Lions for 2011.

Smit's contract with the Sharks ends this year, and it is becoming more believable that he might join a team with less competition (not that it is likely he will miss out on the WRC next year anyways), allowing him to work on his own game and form, without the risk of being dropped. The Sharks have offered him a contract though, but negotiations will only continue most likely after the Bok training camp/rest period.

JP to the Lions, Bulls

JP's contract also runs out at the end of this year, and he has been linked with the teams mentioned above.
However, he would want to score as many tries as possible leading up to the WC, and needless to say the Sharks would provide more than the Lions.
Where-as a move to the Bulls looks even less likely, with wings Gerhard van de Heever and Houggard sure to provide stiff competition, where-as at the Sharks he only faces the not-so-mighty Odwa Ndungane

More Lions news...

The Lions have also been linked with Butch James, BJ Botha, Ryan Kankowski and one or two other over-seas based players

Last edited:
I heard about Hoffman moving to the Sharks. Pity cause I really rate him. Was hoping he would stay on and Januarie move up North.

Jeesh, here I was thinking that WP were starting to buck the trend of letting their talented youngsters leave for especially Natal and N Transvaal (Hougaard would have looked good in a WP jersey especially considering he wouldn't have had his mullett/fauxhawk as we in the Cape have at least a semblence of good taste- maybe that's the real reason he left).

We have Boy's High, Paul Roos, Gymmies, UCT and Maties etc yet the amount of players that end up playing for other provinces... ridiculous.

Has anyone else heard the Lambie to the Cheetahs rumour? sounds good

LOL, the cheetahs could do with Lambie. Their biggest problem is in the centers I think. I'm pretty sure Lambie would be wasted in that position. If only for SA's sake, I would like to see him settle at either 10 or 15. I like the look of him at 15 but guess he could be worth more to SA at 10.

I think Lambie's future will come down to physical grwoth.

He did well at FB in the S14, but in the long term if he doesn't gain an inch or two, I feel fly-half would be his best position, as their is not as much high-ball that needs to be competed for.
One thing that does concern is the fact he has yet to play when the Sharks are on the back foot, and it will be our luck that the Sharks play as such in the semi-final, and Lambie bombs out.

I think Lambie's future will come down to physical grwoth.

He did well at FB in the S14, but in the long term if he doesn't gain an inch or two, I feel fly-half would be his best position, as their is not as much high-ball that needs to be competed for.
One thing that does concern is the fact he has yet to play when the Sharks are on the back foot, and it will be our luck that the Sharks play as such in the semi-final, and Lambie bombs out.

One thing that concerns me is that Lambie is a very talented young player that can play anywhere in the backline and hasnt cemented a position yet.. Kind of like Frans Steyn and Pienaar.. Look at the great job the Sharks did with them

I heard that the Lions are on a real shopping spree although they haven't filled their basket yet. Apart from John Smit and JP Pietersen they are also interested in Ryan Kankowski. I just hope Kanko won't leave the Sharks for another SA team.

I heard that the Lions are on a real shopping spree although they haven't filled their basket yet. Apart from John Smit and JP Pietersen they are also interested in Ryan Kankowski. I just hope Kanko won't leave the Sharks for another SA team.

I think Kanko will be in a similair position to JP, in that he would want to be playing with a team that has a forward moving pack, enabling him to show his skillz ahead of the WC.
And Kanko loves the beach :cool:

Just posting to say that lionel Mapoe is still living in Durban, and still training with the Sharks.

Tribunal Round 2