• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

George Gregan Discussion

G

getofmeland

So you have read DC's article, what do you think?

Does he deserve a place?

Firstly, I'd like to comment on how great DC's article actually is.... no, it's incredible!! I'm pleased so see that he hasn't just commented on his on-field 'antics', but also his charitable aspects. I wa so suprised to see that young Max's terrible news got outside of Austalia - well done!!

And also, I didn't actually know George had been given an AO - you learn something knew everyday!!

YES, George Gregan absolutely deserves a place in the Hall of Fame, despite his poor form last year. In fact that was probably one of the only times he played poorly. YES - YES - YES!!!!

Don't ever forget 'That Tackle!'......

Originally posted by Jacko@Jul 29 2006, 09:08 AM
tindalltacklewt3.gif

That one?

YES! Definately YES! The guy had a couple ordinary seasons in 2004 and 2005, but he's been back with a vengance this year and is well on the way to regaining some of his former awards IMO.

Originally posted by Teh Mite+Jul 29 2006, 08:49 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Jacko
@Jul 29 2006, 09:08 AM
tindalltacklewt3.gif

That one? [/b]
What's funny about this is that almost no one in England could tackle Jonah Lomu during his prime, yet Gregan could despite being one of the smallest elite rugby players around... Gregan>England

Dawson>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Gregan

Of course, you'll neg rep me now as your opinion is different.

Originally posted by Teh Mite@Jul 30 2006, 02:23 AM

dawson wasnt far off bein as good

but gregan

he's one of the smallest yet possibly one of the best defenders in the game today.. thats sayin a lot for a half back, as the defense isnt a main part of our game..

Originally posted by Teh Mite@Jul 30 2006, 01:23 AM

Oh right, so you still don't get what happened last time?

You see I gave you neg reps for making **** weak excuses over the utter domination the All Blacks had over your Lions... you couldn't bare to give the All Blacks any credit for their clearly superior performance in all 3 games, and instead tried to deny that the defeat was even valid (citing rubish like the Lions players were too tired). THAT was worthy of a neg rep IMO.

And no, Dawson is not as good as Gregan.

george gregan is the greatest halfback of our time kiddies...he should be automatic...one of the greatest EVER!!!..

pure rugby enthusiast and even staunch kiwi supporters have to agree that george is undoubtedly a legend in our great game and from my point of view the greatest halfback ever

Originally posted by THE CHIROPRACTOR101@Jul 30 2006, 10:18 AM
george gregan is the greatest halfback of our time kiddies
No he isn't. Gareth Edwards is.

Originally posted by Teh Mite+Jul 30 2006, 08:37 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-THE CHIROPRACTOR101
@Jul 30 2006, 10:18 AM
george gregan is the greatest halfback of our time kiddies
Gareth Edwards is. [/b]
Hard to comment there... That's too long ago for any of us to judge fairly, it's like the Andrew Johns v Dally Messenger debate.

Even though George Gregan obviously deserves to be nominated for the Hall of Fame I think that we should wait until he retires from playing rugby before we do.

It is unlikely but GG could do something to disgrace himself on the rugby pitch that would make induction look silly - i.e. he could headbutt someones chest, fail a drug test for caffeine, or actually run with the ball.

It is my belief that players should not be inducted until after they have retired from international rugby.

Nice article by the way.

gareth didnt win 2 world cups nor did he set the record for test matches played....gregan is the modern hero for halfbacks..maybe gregans hero of those times..but right now in the state that rugby is at now..gregan is superior...gregan advanced with the amateurs to professional rugby to where it stands out now..thats almost 3 eras of rugby and he has withstood the test of time..if he makes it to next world cup he is certified the best halfback ever..i still reckon he is now but will see...if you wanna compare statistics in every facet of there careers(tests/championships etc..) then go ahead...

Your using the Stats artguement? :lol:

That would make Jason Lennard the best prop ever! :lol:

Originally posted by THE CHIROPRACTOR101@Jul 30 2006, 12:25 PM
gareth didnt win 2 world cups nor did he set the record for test matches played....gregan is the modern hero for halfbacks..maybe gregans hero of those times..but right now in the state that rugby is at now..gregan is superior...gregan advanced with the amateurs to professional rugby to where it stands out now..thats almost 3 eras of rugby and he has withstood the test of time..if he makes it to next world cup he is certified the best halfback ever..i still reckon he is now but will see...if you wanna compare statistics in every facet of there careers(tests/championships etc..) then go ahead...
Gareth Edwards didn't win 2 World Cups. Mainly because the World Cup wasn't contested when he played.

Was George Gregan a vital part of a Lions tour to New Zealand? Did he inspire his country to a 6 Nations Grand Slam? Thought not.

Ridiculous argument met with ridiculous response.

Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby+Jul 30 2006, 11:46 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-THE CHIROPRACTOR101
@Jul 30 2006, 12:25 PM
Gareth Edwards didn't win 2 World Cups. Mainly because the World Cup wasn't contested when he played.

Was George Gregan a vital part of a Lions tour to New Zealand? Did he inspire his country to a 6 Nations Grand Slam? Thought not.

Ridiculous argument met with ridiculous response. [/b]
but was he eligible for a lions tour and a 6 nations..

yup...he wasnt available for that embarassment of the north..because he wasnt eligible

"Ridiculous argument met with ridiculous response. " - the contradictor

Latest posts