• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

German Rugby

Yeah, Heidelberg is really a hotspot. Lots of information on the german Rugby scene (unfortunately only in german language as far as I can see) can be found here: http://www.totalrugby.de/
Maybe it's interesting for you...

Why not find a South African players for the German national team?

Players with German origin there is a huge amount.

:cool:

@Groundhog: Should you be in the Paderborn area, we could meet if you want to. I used to study there and it's about an hour from where I live.

@Vladimir12: Due to the South African staff, there are some South African players in the German national team, but we already lack the resources for proper scouting in Germany, let alone abroad.

Last edited by a moderator:
We already had some player, who unfortunately have retired from Rugby

@Car I was leaning towards Regensburg quite heavily, but I'm not sure how the cookie will crumble. I could even be sent to Austria.

Last edited by a moderator:
Volga German Lev Derksen made his debut for Russia against Portugal in November.

Lev-Derksen.jpg

24 years . RС "Metallurg" Novokuznetsk.

But we will not give it to you!;)

eafa6f09c7d9f5a3abfaa224c79e2ce2.jpg

Cheers from ENC - Germany - Spain in fron of a capacity crowd !

Fantastic to see, Bee!

In Heidelberg?

No, Cologne saw its first international in 25 years.
Ended 17-17, which is a great result for Germany and made them stay up in the A Group of the ENC.
If Germany could kick, they would have won, they messed up some penalties and conversions.

Congratulations Germany, I didn't think you had the strength to stay up. You will stay in the top division for at least two more years since I don't think Belgium has a better team than yours. This is a great chance for German rugby to continue its development.

You should try to reduce the number of foreigners in your squad though. Against Romania, I think only 3 of the starters were actually German.

Congratulations Germany, I didn't think you had the strength to stay up. You will stay in the top division for at least two more years since I don't think Belgium has a better team than yours. This is a great chance for German rugby to continue its development.

You should try to reduce the number of foreigners in your squad though. Against Romania, I think only 3 of the starters were actually German.

There's not enough active players on that level, so you have to field whoever is eligible.
We're still a developing country, although some clubs already have been founded by the end of the 19th century.

Am I right in thinking that the game was televised in Germany?

I think I saw a tweet suggesting it was.

How was the performance of the brigade of Romanian referees sent at the match vs Spain?

How was the performance of the brigade of Romanian referees sent at the match vs Spain?

Missed some high tackles and knock-ons (most ref do), but besides that, solid performance.

It was streamed on the web.
Highlights will be shown on free TV, though.

26.03.2016, 19.00 - 19.45 Uhr on Sport 1

Far too late, but at least they'll be on TV again (the same thing was already done for the last-but-one game, too).

Highlights will be shown on free TV, though.

26.03.2016, 19.00 - 19.45 Uhr on Sport 1

Far too late, but at least they'll be on TV again (the same thing was already done for the last-but-one game, too).

Definitely great to see it on the TV! Where do Germany usually play their games? Definitely keen to try and catch one next time I'm out there!

Definitely great to see it on the TV! Where do Germany usually play their games? Definitely keen to try and catch one next time I'm out there!

They usually play the Fritz-Grunebaum-Sportpark in Heidelberg, sometimes Hannover.
This game in Cologne has been the first of the German XV in Western Germany in 25 yrs

Latest posts