• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Germany 4 - England 1

********. Roy Keane has it spot on.

You just don't like him Dan for the same reason you don't Like Rooney; The Man United connection.

Correct. And he deliberately tried to break someone's leg. I won't say what I truly think of him as it might cause offence, but I think he's the lowest of the low. Cowardly, overrated bully.

I don't like Mick McCarthys commentary because he's got a monotonous, boring boring voice and often seems to be watching a different match to the one he's being paid to.

I reckon McCarthy is the Yorkshire version of me with a microphone!

I don't like Mick McCarthys commentary because he's got a monotonous, boring boring voice and often seems to be watching a different match to the one he's being paid to.

He enjoys watching the game whilst playing FIFA'10 :lol:

Hmmm Mick McCarthy. Took a group of players capable of playing the a world cup quarter final and got them to the last 16. Alright, but nothing amazing. Has also taken some fairly mediocre teams and got them some fairly mediocre positions in the league. Okay, not bad. He's an alright manager but I'd still hold Keane's opinion on matters relating to football in a higher regard. He also is a lovely chap for the work he does with those guide dogs

The 2002 world cup was of appalling standard. Ireland if they approached it properly were good enough to make the last 8 and once you get there who knows what will happen (eg Uruguay in this WC, fingers crossed they will win it!). Instead they ****** off to a tropical Island with no Football facilities and went drinking with journalists and that sort of shite. A proper manager would have made a huge difference, and at that stage Mick wasn't.

Today, he is a good manager though, like what he has done in Wolverhampton.

It amazes me that when a team performs superb, it's always the players that get the credit, but when they screw up it's the coach that get's all the blame... Ridiculous

Ireland weren't, and haven't been for nearly 2 decades now, nowhere near good enough to get into the last 8 of a world cup.

Ireland weren't, and haven't been for nearly 2 decades now, nowhere near good enough to get into the last 8 of a world cup.

They clearly were in 2002, lost to Spain on Penalties after missing a penalty in normal time (Ian Harte penalty taker,(WTF?). They also did this with one of the worlds best midfielders walking his dog in Manchester.

They qualified despite having the Netherlands and Portugal in the qualification group, and drew with 1-1 with Germany in the group stages, the only team apart from Brazil to put a goal past Oliver Kahn.

Ai... The name Jason McAteer still gives me nightmares because of that goal at Landsdowne Road...

Ai... The name Jason McAteer still gives me nightmares because of that goal at Landsdowne Road...

Ah the memories. We should have beaten you in Amsterdam too actually. Was it Philip Cocu who was a bit careless at the back post in Lansdowne?

Haha I seem to remember it about 5 yards further out but still a great goal :) Ah the memories! When we were half decent :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Enough about 2002. How about 1994 with that big mistake by, I think, Pat Bonner on the shot from Wim Jonk from 35 metres out ;)

They clearly were in 2002, lost to Spain on Penalties after missing a penalty in normal time (Ian Harte penalty taker,(WTF?). They also did this with one of the worlds best midfielders walking his dog in Manchester.

They qualified despite having the Netherlands and Portugal in the qualification group, and drew with 1-1 with Germany in the group stages, the only team apart from Brazil to put a goal past Oliver Kahn.

So you lost to a pretty ordinary Spain team is what you're saying... beating them then and now are two entirely different propositions altogether. Ireland obviously weren't good enough to get into the quarter finals - because they didn't.

I think Keane would go home crying after his first scrum

No he wouldn't - he'd start crying, blame someone else, deliberately try and injure someone THEN go home.

Latest posts