• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

GET IN THERE!!!

Figures from these studies can be interpreted in any number of ways, but the fact remains that second hand smoke does cause cancer, it is also a fact that not all lung cancer is caused by second hand smoke. A study that claims second hand smoke doesn't cause cancer may have a number of things wrong with primarily that the sample they used was too small. Of the smoking related deaths in the UK, 11000 of them last year were caused by passive smoking, but I suppose that's just speculation and suppositions that plucked that number from the air.

The Problem being there is little truth in any of these reports, they are made so biased to their cause... so at the end of the day NO-ONE will know the true effects of Passive Smoking!!! Cos there will never be an Unbiased opinion!!!

The Smoking Ban will work in Towns and Cities but not Villages!!!
[/b][/quote]

There is a definite drop in asthma and other ailments in Scottish bar staff. It's tangible even after just months.

...and has the ban meant a virtually publess rural Ireland?

Different Story with the Irish and Drinking....

Country Pubs Struggle in England... especially down southern England... Especially where I live, being that is populated with Retired old Farts who push the house prices up in a village so high... Just because it is near a town called Sherborne which they dont even prounouce correctly... It f***ing ****** me off and also then you have the Holiday Homes.... where they only pay HALF the council tax, when they still get the amenities available to them, that the ones in who live their all year round... the REAL villagers who have been brought up in the village and lived their all their life are the ones who suffer because of the Local Shop (which has been supported by them for years) shut downs because there is few people living there... and now this is the final straw with Village pubs, being shutdown... also not enough has been done to gain these areas... also the case of not being allowed outside the pub after a certain time for being noisy which WILL happen

ITS A f***ING DISGRACE!!!

No but there's no doubts that the pub trade in Ireland has gone into decline but that has more to do with the ridiculous prices than the smoking ban, a hell of a lot more people are drinking at home cause they don't want to pay the prices at the pubs, yes the smoking ban has had a knock on effect but not to the same extent as the prices and the amount of taxes imposed by the government. Pub's takings were falling before the smoking ban came in but now they use it as a convenient excuse to cover up their own inefficiencies.

Country Pubs Struggle in England... especially down southern England... Especially where I live, being that is populated with Retired old Farts who push the house prices up in a village so high... Just because it is near a town called Sherborne which they dont even prounouce correctly... It f***ing ****** me off and also then you have the Holiday Homes.... where they only pay HALF the council tax, when they still get the amenities available to them, that the ones in who live their all year round... the REAL villagers who have been brought up in the village and lived their all their life are the ones who suffer because of the Local Shop (which has been supported by them for years) shut downs because there is few people living there... and now this is the final straw with Village pubs, being shutdown... also not enough has been done to gain these areas... also the case of not being allowed outside the pub after a certain time for being noisy which WILL happen

[/b]

can_of_worms_640_hi_2.jpg

well i hit the drink hard last night
clients xmas party, then hit the pubs

this thread reminded me of the situation at hand

everyone was outside having ciggies at the xmas party

then at the pub..........the outdoor/beer garden thingy.......was a chimney, meanwhile inside was staff serving and patrons getting drinks

it is clearly NOT working at this particular pub.

[/b]

yeah its exactly the same in my village, neither of the houses next door to mine are lived in for more than about 3 months a year... the owner of capital one credit cards recently bought a farm just down the road from me, he sat outside on the phone and kept bidding until he got it, and now it will either be farmed badly or not at all and waste a beautiful area of my village, hes going to knock the farm buildings and house down and build himself another one in the same place and no one will stop it ahppening because he has too much money. recently we have had two pubs and our only shop close because of a lack of custom :%#%#: :%#%#:

Just thought I'd give my view, given that its been in affect for a wee bit in Scotland now.

It's great, I can sit in a bar with mates and not have a coughing fit cause of cigarette smoke and you can see 2 seconds infront of your face! It's been relativley well recieved up here by non-smokers who accept its this country's law and so abide it.

And for those saying that it isn't fair on smokers....go spin.
Why should we be forced to inhale something that is digusting and very bad for you. These people who complain are really selfish, I don't wanna die from passive smoking, so why should i have to suffer cause their to damn selfish and so bloody stupid to smoke around others who clearly don't want to inhale it! Smoking ban = good.

the owner of capital one credit cards recently bought a farm just down the road from me,
[/b]

Can you do me a favour....go round and tell him I don't want one of his f***ing credit cards.

I just send the prepaid envelopes back purely to cost them money...you think they would get the message by now.

debtmongering scum

I don't think an outright ban is the right way to go. Surely it should be a voluntary ban and up to the landlord to decide.

I don't think an outright ban is the right way to go. Surely it should be a voluntary ban and up to the landlord to decide.
[/b]

and how will that protect the health of the people who work for the landlord?

Drink driving should be a voluntary ban but in reality there'll always be some selfish get who'll just ignore it. The landlords will just err on the side of caution to appease the few bolshy self-righteous smokers who kick up a fuss about it.

You see smoking, on numerous levels, is a fundamentally selfish thing to do.

Latest posts