• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Gettin players on the ball at PACE

H

harrison2468

I don't kno if it has been mentioned b4, but if you pick up the ball with the SH and run diagonally(Gregan style) then pass it out in the direction u r runnin, a player normally comes on at pace and breaks the line. Done it with Borges of Argentina and Robinson with devasting effects.

Originally posted by harrison2468@May 24 2005, 08:04 AM
I don't kno if it has been mentioned b4, but if you pick up the ball with the SH and run diagonally(Gregan style) then pass it out in the direction u r runnin, a player normally comes on at pace and breaks the line. Done it with Borges of Argentina and Robinson with devasting effects.
Yes it has been nutted out. Actually everything that you can do has been nutted out regarding getting players to hit the ball at pace.

In multiplayer all these things can now be smashed easily. You cannot get out of it. That is why no one is interested in this game anymore. For instance you can't run diagonally on multiplayer with the SH. As soon as you take one step you are smashed. And you cannot avoid taking that one step forward.

The game is only enjoyable playing against the AI now.

However you can come to an agreement with your human opponent by doing what a couple of guys did by having NO dive tackles. This kinda saves the multiplayer experience bombing out.

Anyway in regards to your technique, try doing it and going down the blindside and passing it straight away. More effective there.

Originally posted by harrison2468@May 24 2005, 08:04 AM
Yes it has been nutted out. Actually everything that you can do has been nutted out regarding getting players to hit the ball at pace.

In multiplayer all these things can now be smashed easily. You cannot get out of it. That is why no one is interested in this game anymore. For instance you can't run diagonally on multiplayer with the SH. As soon as you take one step you are smashed. And you cannot avoid taking that one step forward.

However you can come to an agreement with your human opponent by doing what a couple of guys did by having NO dive tackles. This kinda saves the multiplayer experience bombing out.

Anyway in regards to your technique, try doing it and going down the blindside and passing it straight away. More effective there.

Originally posted by BOKean@May 24 2005, 11:17 PM
doesnt work well on hard!
It's just a steep learning and playing curve....EVERYTHING works on hard....including right analogue step of the fb, fends etc etc....everything...

just pick your moment.

Originally posted by Gay-Guy+May 24 2005, 09:24 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gay-Guy @ May 24 2005, 09:24 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-harrison2468
@May 24 2005, 08:04 AM
I don't kno if it has been mentioned b4, but if you pick up the ball with the SH and run diagonally(Gregan style) then pass it out in the direction u r runnin, a player normally comes on at pace and breaks the line.  Done it with Borges of Argentina and Robinson with devasting effects.

Anyway in regards to your technique, try doing it and going down the blindside and passing it straight away. More effective there. [/b]
Personally I think MP is very playable if you play your opponent and play smart...mix it up etc....and I also think that the rule for MP should be ONLY dive tackles. Missing tackles is what makes breaks in MP...when a dive tackle is evaded - this is what occurs.

We do mix it up. We have to to try and avoid getting smashed. Buyt to no avail, everyone knows how to combat every attack.

And we do use the dive tackles. That is how we smash them. If you figure out the technique you can never miss on a dive tackle.

Originally posted by Gay-Guy@May 25 2005, 11:08 AM
We do mix it up. We have to to try and avoid getting smashed. Buyt to no avail, everyone knows how to combat every attack.

And we do use the dive tackles. That is how we smash them. If you figure out the technique you can never miss on a dive tackle.
Mmmmmm

depends on rules...but it works for us with dive tackles but always endeavouring to do them regardless....but i hear what you are saying bro.

then again...they don't call me crazy fingers magoolihan for nothing!! I WILL score!!

hehe....damn! lost to my bro again!! f*** he's a cheat!!
<
<

Originally posted by BOKean@May 25 2005, 05:38 PM
yeah...this game is dead
lol off topic, but has anyone else noticed that pre rugby 2005, this board was on fire, and after, its all shifted to off topic or s12

Originally posted by Los Lover+May 25 2005, 09:54 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Los Lover @ May 25 2005, 09:54 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Gay-Guy
@May 25 2005, 11:08 AM
We do mix it up.  We have to to try and avoid getting smashed.  Buyt to no avail, everyone knows how to combat every attack.

And we do use the dive tackles.  That is how we smash them.  If you figure out the technique you can never miss on a dive tackle.
Mmmmmm

depends on rules...but it works for us with dive tackles but always endeavouring to do them regardless....but i hear what you are saying bro.

then again...they don't call me crazy fingers magoolihan for nothing!! I WILL score!!

hehe....damn! lost to my bro again!! f*** he's a cheat!!
<
<
[/b]
Crazy fingers magoolihan aye?
<

That's nuttin. Watch out for

GOOGLY EYED GHANDI!!!
<

ahem
<

lol off topic, but has anyone else noticed that pre rugby 2005, this board was on fire, and after, its all shifted to off topic or s12

Because the game is only worth about a month or two of playing. I was fired up initially, but now that I won WL on hard, I have to think of more stuff to do like play the All Blacks with USA. Boring..... They need a dynasty mode where you can create your own club and switch clubs if you want. More like Madden or NCAA football. Hell, even baseball is better than this.

Originally posted by USArugger@May 26 2005, 12:00 AM

Because the game is only worth about a month or two of playing. I was fired up initially, but now that I won WL on hard, I have to think of more stuff to do like play the All Blacks with USA. Boring..... They need a dynasty mode where you can create your own club and switch clubs if you want. More like Madden or NCAA football. Hell, even baseball is better than this.
As per other threads.....won't make game better in terms of gameplay but sort of does actually...

For WL - make the 8 best teams all-powerful before you start....

I strengthened them from other teams with squad management and then fired in about 60 created players - starred up and with high 90s and 100s for pace, agility etc if wingers, fbs etc.....(using quick technique on created players - should only take a couple of minutes a player depending on closeness of look you are going for....

Now I have good games against Crusaders (lost to them other night - good game but rusty after week or so off playing it), Brumbies, London Wasps (who I have made stunningly awesome for a laugh hehe) etc......

Division One is so tight every time...it's great!!!

But note: you cannot have a silly team - just good players who have a star here and there and reasonable pace but nothing special......you'll get heaps better for one creating different tries and you'll also find yourself fisting the air again....at least every now and then till a better rugby/league game comes out lol!)

I've used in current team (Bourguoin)...(and I win most but not all games (just right.....as I play well and don't like losing unless outplayed etc....who would?)....=

Nonu
Umaga
Booi
Sailor
Vetiyaki
Reihana
Latham

I will only buy three more so so forwards and leave it at that......it's about right at the moment....but would like one pretty good flanker for a few more of my own rucks (lol!) even with all retaining ball techniques in action. Those cheating %$#$@!

<

"No one is interested in the game anymore" - I play the game every single day pal.

I still play because it's the only thing out there. WL could be so much better. I understand the desire to have all the different competitions and tours and that is fun. However, for me in most games the thing that keeps me playing after I've done all the "gee whiz" and won all the trophies is the dynasty/career mode. For example, recruiting keeps me glued to NCAA Football. After I win the national ***le I switch to the worst team out there and try to build them up to a dynasty. There needs to be player turnover so you can go 10-20 seasons but Umaga and Howlett will retire and some young guys come up and take their places. Players can improve from year to year in different areas or as they get older they can start to get slower. So many things that they could do. You could be a player and start at a low club level and work your way up and you control whatever team you are on.

My big question. I have wondered if the game is structured the way it is because the focus is on non-USA buyers? Is it more important for the European or SH guy to have a certain style of video game that is maybe more true to the actual game with Lions, Super 12, World Cup, etc... rather than this career/dynasty mode like I see in all the US games like football, baseball, NASCAR, etc... or would you guys like to see a more in-depth dynasty mode at the expense of reality. (Maybe they would have to create some sort of fake world league and then have some sort of "draft" from the "teenager" sides and you could build your fake club from San Antonio Texas)

I would be interested in your comments.

World League is a waste of time when you compare it to the idea they clearly attempted to copy, the Master League of Pro Evolution Soccer. Havingjust downloaded a huge patch for it I'm now hooked on Pro Evo again. It shows how sports games should be made, and it's a shame EA did not sit up and take note of more of its general ideas, rather than just make a half-hearted effort at copying its best mode.

Latest posts