• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Getting boring

J

jimmy44

I've been playing rugby 2005 for a while now, and found that Locksey is right, after extended play single player does get a bit boring. I still enjoy the close games but the run of play is a bit one dimensional - there isn't enough unpredictabiltiy or variation in the games now.

One game is much like the other and the tries tend to be the same. It took me a good three weeks or so to discover this, and its funny because I was really enjoying the game last week. All of a sudden it feels a bit stale and the game play a bit thin. I think 2006 needs to be much 'deeper' to ensure extended game play. Now I've had the game a while, I think 2005 is too simple for a rugby nut such as myself! I want deep gameplay like madden, ESPN or PES4, with loads of options, strategies etc.

Anyone agree?

nope i still love the 2006 demo!
i think its coz you'er not playing multiplayer

Originally posted by jimmy44@Apr 26 2005, 10:10 PM
I've been playing rugby 2005 for a while now, and found that Locksey is right, after extended play single player does get a bit boring. I still enjoy the close games but the run of play is a bit one dimensional - there isn't enough unpredictabiltiy or variation in the games now.

One game is much like the other and the tries tend to be the same. It took me a good three weeks or so to discover this, and its funny because I was really enjoying the game last week. All of a sudden it feels a bit stale and the game play a bit thin. I think 2006 needs to be much 'deeper' to ensure extended game play. Now I've had the game a while, I think 2005 is too simple for a rugby nut such as myself! I want deep gameplay like madden, ESPN or PES4, with loads of options, strategies etc.

Anyone agree?
Jimmy this might be an obvious question and I apologise if it is a stupid one as well but have you tried a different view? If not try it for variation.

Originally posted by Quintes+Apr 26 2005, 10:48 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Quintes @ Apr 26 2005, 10:48 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-jimmy44
@Apr 26 2005, 10:10 PM

Anyone agree?
Jimmy this might be an obvious question and I apologise if it is a stupid one as well but have you tried a different view? If not try it for variation. [/b]
Nice idea no I havn't yet - I did try side view but didn't like it much. Its still the same game though, I don't see how a different view will make much difference. anyway thanks for the tip, I'll try.

Originally posted by jimmy44+Apr 27 2005, 02:20 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jimmy44 @ Apr 27 2005, 02:20 AM)</div>
Originally posted by Quintes@Apr 26 2005, 10:48 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-jimmy44
@Apr 26 2005, 10:10 PM

Anyone agree?

Jimmy this might be an obvious question and I apologise if it is a stupid one as well but have you tried a different view? If not try it for variation.
Nice idea no I havn't yet - I did try side view but didn't like it much. Its still the same game though, I don't see how a different view will make much difference. anyway thanks for the tip, I'll try. [/b]
it does the game plays differently.....

I played side view forever then switched to classic view and it felt asif it played completely different

The different views make a world of difference in gameplay and even some change in strategy.

Latest posts