• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Getting Inked.

My brother is covered in ink (20-something hours worth and counting); his advice is always to be very careful about where you go. BMEZine is a good place to start for researching potential places to go; the only place I can recommend is Frith Street Tattoo in Soho, but I guess that's not much use if you're in Cardiff.

The basics are to make sure that the place is clean, the needles are new and not re-used and the guy/girl doing it looks like s/he's had a very good wash. Anyone worth talking to should be willing to sit down and talk it through with you (design and their hygeine procedures) rather than chucking you on the table and starting work, and the point above about autclaves is a very very good one. Your mate is also right about good artists having a waiting list, some people take bookings months ahead. If you can speak to someone who's been to that artist you can be fairly sure how good they are, and most good artists will have a portfolio of work that they're happy to show you.

Hope some of that's useful.

Go into a rock, metal or biker bar and start asking about, people take pride in their stuff and will tell you where is decent. This also applies for advice on hair care.

Ask around first though, a friend got one from a place after walking in off the street, and the did it there and then. Three months later he went somewhere else and the tattooist nearly exploded. Recognised the tattoo immediately as from a particular person and spent nearly three hours cleaning it up, and he didn't charge for it. Good tattooists don't f*** about, basically.

<div class='quotemain'> where u planning on getting your tat matt? [/b]

I'm planning on getting it done across my back. From one shoulder blade to the other.
[/b][/quote]
Something subtle then, eh?

pull the lebron james and get chosen one written across your back, you'll look like a stud.

Whatever you do, DO NOT get a Ninja Dancing on a rainbow playing a flute...it just sends the wrong message...uhm so I hear.

I won't be getting any graphical art done yet. It'll be pure script going across my back...and it won't say:

THE CHOSEN ONE

aw c'mon reconsider

chosen1.jpg

imagine the possibilities

aw c'mon reconsider

chosen1.jpg

imagine the possibilities [/b]

If he isn't regarded as one of the best persons at his chosen sport in the world then he should be truly ashamed of himself.
If, however, a lot of people consider him as one of the best, then good on him for embracing his talent with such a tattoo.

<div class='quotemain'> where u planning on getting your tat matt? [/b]

I'm planning on getting it done across my back. From one shoulder blade to the other.
[/b][/quote]

Try to find something meaningful to be inked on your back (nice choice of location btw)..

I chosed 'ETERNAL' because it's a word that has deep religious meaning to me plus it's a tag i've used since 1998.

Latest posts