• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Glitches Galore?

B

Boomslangnz

Hey,

just had a msn convo with a mate from france.

He says that overrall the game is good but there is several glitches that he cant believe made it to the finished product.

- Players get animation of getting tackled all the time even when no player is touching them lol he says they just fly up in air then slam into ground like being attacked by a ghost,says it happens all the time.

- kicking behind 22 sometimes works and sometimes gets called back for out on full.

- while players are getting tackled while holding ball and legs are out but not called for lineouts.

- cannot mark kicks inside 22

thats pretty much all the stuff he said i know we cant get the perfect game or anything but glitches are annoying,everyones read the GOOD points about the game so i wanted to find out the bad bits.

I tried asking about super 12 but he didnt see an option for it so im not sure if its there or not,he said its alot better then WCR overrall tho which sounds cool.

can any of this stuff get fixed up before it arrives in NZ and AUS trevor?

from what i have played i can say yes to all except the 'ghost' tackles and the 22m kicks.
you definately cannot mark from what i have played. and the legs thing is true also.

Much of that was mentioned when we reviewed it. The whole legs in touch thing is do with the fact that Swordfish had to centre a player's momentum for the tackling to work. A by-product of that is that a player's legs can be out but it's not called. It's something they were aware of, but couldn't do anything without overhaulling the complete game mechanics.

No one said you could mark the ball. It's an arcade game, what do you expect?

There weren't any ghost tackles or kicking problems when I played it, and it's undergone testing since then. Maybe he's got a duff copy.

From what I've played - I'm still waiting my PC version :

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
- Players get animation of getting tackled all the time even when no player is touching them lol he says they just fly up in air then slam into ground like being attacked by a ghost,says it happens all the time.[/b]

That's players running into the posts.

- kicking behind 22 sometimes works and sometimes gets called back for out on full.[/b]

Always worked for me, but the commentary sometimes says 'it's direct into touch', but it's played like it should be.

- while players are getting tackled while holding ball and legs are out but not called for lineouts.[/b]

True.

- cannot mark kicks inside 22[/b]

Never tried, but lot of people say it is in the manual. The AI seems to never do it anyway.

Originally posted by Boy@Jan 21 2006, 11:41 PM
Much of that was mentioned when we reviewed it. The whole legs in touch thing is do with the fact that Swordfish had to centre a player's momentum for the tackling to work. A by-product of that is that a player's legs can be out but it's not called. It's something they were aware of, but couldn't do anything without overhaulling the complete game mechanics.
Yeah that's true, it is a very difficult problem to fix and would involve an expensive solution.

it's still a bug though regardless of what has been said it is a bug. not being called out when your legs are in touch is simply a bug.

hopefully there aren't any more bugs like this in the game

hm maybe ill let him know about those things thanks

he might have some wierd copy cos he says the ghost tackle thingy happens about 20 times a match.

thanks anyway

Originally posted by esoj@Jan 22 2006, 07:45 AM
it's still a bug though regardless of what has been said it is a bug. not being called out when your legs are in touch is simply a bug.

hopefully there aren't any more bugs like this in the game
It IS a bug - it's just an unavoidable one. I spoke to Ian@Swordfish about this in great detail.

I thought you were ok with bugs esoj
<

I never denied the exsistence of the bugs in rl 2.

rc2006 should get the same treatment as rl 2 and its not off to a good start. with already a fairly big bug in the game detected. a player with his legs in touch not being called out is not good and a bad error which lots of people will pick up on. a bug like this should never have made it into the game just like some bugs in rl 2. perhaps swordfish should have tried something different who knows. hopefully it is the last of the big bugs in this game.

I think we must accept the fact that we will never get a rugby game which is totally bug free and which follows the rules of rugby exactly. Rugby is a fairly complex game and it will be difficult for developers to get everything right. I think we will just have to focus on the good points mainly. If one thing is perfected each year, or two years, I will be happry.

Coco

Originally posted by esoj@Jan 22 2006, 08:03 PM
I never denied the exsistence of the bugs in rl 2.

rc2006 should get the same treatment as rl 2 and its not off to a good start. with already a fairly big bug in the game detected. a player with his legs in touch not being called out is not good and a bad error which lots of people will pick up on. a bug like this should never have made it into the game just like some bugs in rl 2. perhaps swordfish should have tried something different who knows. hopefully it is the last of the big bugs in this game.
Yes thats much worse than having your wingers waiting to take a pass while they are in touch. Then we have running into touch without you having any control.

Is not having any kind of decent control over your players a bug ?

Anyway I can forgive someones feet being in touch and it not being called. I think its a trade off to being able to control your players.

i've noticed the lineout problem but the only other thing that i find a bit annoying now is it has the r2005 syndrome of not passing out just before a hit due to tackle animation cycles.

Originally posted by Inertia@Jan 23 2006, 02:39 AM
i've noticed the lineout problem but the only other thing that i find a bit annoying now is it has the r2005 syndrome of not passing out just before a hit due to tackle animation cycles.
Its not as bad as 05 though is it ? It cant be because I never noticed anything like that really standing out.

the foot in touch issue, although having not played it, does not put a dampner on the game for me, as long as a lineout is called when the majority/centre point of a player (or the ball - which I presume will be held in a central position) is in touch then I think that will be close enough for me.

If the "non-mark" issue does exist, again its not a major enuff issue, an omission as opposed to a bug for me which I can live with... forcing us to either make a tactical kick or start an attack straight away... definately a more arcade approach!

Still looking forward to this, I'm willing to put some time into this game... trying different styles of play etc instead of disregarding it after a first few goes because its not a perfect

well if its the only big bug in the game then it will be fine. the perfect rugby game proabbly a still way off as it is complex with getting rucks right and other things.

Originally posted by knowsleyroader+Jan 23 2006, 03:16 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (knowsleyroader @ Jan 23 2006, 03:16 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Inertia
@Jan 23 2006, 02:39 AM
Its not as bad as 05 though is it ? It cant be because I never noticed anything like that really standing out. [/b]
it's not quite as bad as r2005 but its annoying enough when you attemp to pass the ball and a split second later your guy does nothing except get tackled.

well i wont mind the foot into touch thing

its going to be fast paced, arcade ruggers

like NFL blitz kinda

i will treat this like AFL

but what happens when going for the corner, ears pinned back, and u get tackled into touch, but the ball lands in the corner for a try, but the corner post is sent hurling over the roof of millenium (ak47's tackling ability, hint hint
<
)

the dodgy animation kicking in early is again ak47's tackling ability...you must have found me already.................boooooom, no offload for u mate

well it seems like its just not the legs in touch not being called out but a whole lot more.

this from ca iversen in another thread

By the way, the "Legs over the sideline thing" also is a problem for every part of the body except the ball. One of my players had his head out of play with the ball in his possession!

seems like this is now a big bug in the game. hopefully it is the last of them though and ca iversen also said that he thought the game was still good despite this bug.

Latest posts