• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Glitches Galore?

I've played both too, isn't it a small world.

First, of all why don't you go and take a cold shower and cool down before you overheat, I'd hate for you to stress those few brain cells that you do have.

I like both games, even though they are very different...but, that wasn't what my post was about.

I am yet to see any serious bugs in either game that take away from the enjoyment. I also have no problems with the controls of RL2, and I've played videogames for 20 years...but, you seem to be the expert in that area. I do, however, have a problem with the attitude of some people who like to endlessly criticise RL2, but seem oblivious to the failings of RC2006.

...and, I didn't have to stoop to name-calling either, so grow up.

Originally posted by SteveG@Jan 25 2006, 09:02 PM
First, of all why don't you go and take a cold shower and cool down before you overheat, I'd hate for you to stress those few brain cells that you do have.

...so grow up.
HOW IRNOIC!!

But seriously, shut up. It's not hypocritical, its little almost insignificant bugs compared to major bugs that truely takes the fun out of the game.

Originally posted by SteveG@Jan 25 2006, 08:02 PM

I like both games, even though they are very different...but, that wasn't what my post was about.

I am yet to see any serious bugs in either game that take away from the enjoyment. I also have no problems with the controls of RL2, and I've played videogames for 20 years...but, you seem to be the expert in that area. I do, however, have a problem with the attitude of some people who like to endlessly criticise RL2, but seem oblivious to the failings of RC2006.

You are the classic big guy I have not played both only RL2 which has serious problems in fact on RL2 forum there are endless threads on the many bugs in the game.

You definatley sound like Mario or one of the admin guys so get over yourself bud. I don`t mind RL2 to much but the fact the the response is that bad totally knackers the game I know the guys on this forum and all of us have overlooked game bugs if the game play is tight and responsive.

Don`t you have some work to do on you forum or is it boring you to?

Oh yes one more thing some of the personal attacks Mario gets on that forum are definatley out of order but the one thing that i can not forgive about him is one of his favorite customer care quotes " If you don`t like the game take it back to the shop for a refund"
<

So the same applies to you Stevie if you don`t like the forum go back to RL 2 forum and ask for a refund oops hang on the forum is free unlike the game that people can`t take back for a refund as it has oviously gone past the return date for a refund how stupid of them to try and give the game a chance first.

I'd hate for you to stress those few brain cells that you do have.

First you tell TheBokke he's a few sandwiches short and then you say that you don't have to stoop to name calling??? Don't you think you contradict yourself a little? So how do you expect to come into a forum and have anyone respect your views and take what you say as a valid opinion???

Originally posted by SteveG@Jan 25 2006, 05:24 PM
I really have to laugh. This forum is almost a mirror image of the Sidhe forums for RL2
No, it REALLY isn't!

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC+Jan 25 2006, 08:50 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Jan 25 2006, 08:50 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-SteveG
@Jan 25 2006, 05:24 PM
I really have to laugh. This forum is almost a mirror image of the Sidhe forums for RL2
No, it REALLY isn't! [/b]
For it to be a mirror image we'd need to find the exact opposite of pre-pubescent, illiterate boys with no appreciation for gameplay and absolutely no banter whatsoever... so maybe we're closer than we thought!

Awwww.... group hug....

I didn't call you any names, I just insulted your point of view. I was reacting to an insult to this forum, which I've gone from using for rugby gaming information, to enjoying immensely for all sorts of reasons.

As soon as you come on here labelling us this or that, you'll **** people off.

So you've played videogames for 20 years. Big deal, lots of guys on this forum can claim the same.

We are not universally sticking up for RC2006. It is a flawed game, I know. It has some that are annoying and thats pretty much acknowledged. As far as I know Swordfish haven't been bandying around big "9/10" reviews for RC2006, and setting themselves up for a big fall by making it sound like they made a masterpiece in their publicity.

We are not universally bagging RL2, other than it's one largest fault, there are only a couple of medium sized bugs (players standing in touch catching the ball on attack) and AI programming flaws (AI defence doing most of the work for you). If you could patch those three things I'd play it. A LOT. Those things ruin your ability to play the game. It is a huge waste of potential.

So, say what you like to me or an individual, but this forum is a community of rugby players and fans, don't tell us we're a mirror image of a forum that is run by a dictatorial guy who only want's his own point of view.

Give us your point of view, don't run the whole forum down.

Is the issue that we are laughable, or is it how good the game is? If you'd discussed the later you'd of got no grief from me.

Originally posted by .:kaftka:.@Jan 25 2006, 10:21 PM
Well, theres really nothing more to say here than.....

"Ditto Iversen...."

Next thing ya know, they'll be coming on here running down banana's.

Thats when I'll get my gun!

Originally posted by C A Iversen+Jan 25 2006, 10:36 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (C A Iversen @ Jan 25 2006, 10:36 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-.:kaftka:.
@Jan 25 2006, 10:21 PM

"Ditto Iversen...."

Thats when I'll get my gun! [/b]
Man we are just like family always ripping into each other and the first sign of a foreign attack the brothers band together and the swords
<
are drawn
<

Steve become a member and makes post that make sense and we will all be happy to discuss them I mean they have just let Los Lover back in which shows how accommodating everyone is.

Originally posted by TheBokke+Jan 25 2006, 10:56 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TheBokke @ Jan 25 2006, 10:56 PM)</div>
Originally posted by C A Iversen@Jan 25 2006, 10:36 PM

"Ditto Iversen...."

Man we are just like family always ripping into each other and the first sign of a foreign attack the brothers band together and the swords
<
are drawn
<

Steve become a member and makes post that make sense and we will all be happy to discuss them I mean they have just let Los Lover back in which shows how accommadating everyone is. [/b]
Yeah, I don't know about you guys, but I've always been accomodating.

...A couple of years ago this old looking fellow with a grey beard was living just down the road. Basically I don't like seeing people have lives as **** as that so I invited him in to live with me... Osmah? Osami? Meh, I just call him Ozzie... Anyway, the point is, he hasn't left the house in over two years, but every now and then he recieves/sends mail out... He's really quite nice. Always does chores etc. Just goes to show, you give a little, you get a little.

I agree with what thebokke said, i am willing to overlook many bugs if the game is not fundamentally flawed, and gives me a feeling like im playing rugby. Rl2 fell short in the end. I cant say about RC2006 coz i dont hav it yet, but I will cerainly be getting over the man in touch thing if the gameplay is solid, i would have done the same with RL2 but the gameplay fell over in the end.

BTW steveG is posting here and then going back to the RL2 forums for a giggle with his girlfriends about it. Hes just s**t stirring, dont bite.

Check out the RC2006 thread over there if you want to see what im talking about.

sorry for going off topic but the threads ***le put this in my head....

"I'm easy e and i got glitches galore, you might have a lot of glitches but i got much more"

Originally posted by CeeJay@Jan 25 2006, 11:35 PM
Check out the RC2006 thread over there if you want to see what im talking about.
I'd rather not
<

Anyway, it's not really suprising...

...We should moon them!

Used to check the RL2 forum daily, but dont bother anymore. RL2 is not longer a concern of mine. I only did a bit of arguing over there to see if they would move towards making a pc patch to improve the control and as soon as it was made clear this wouldnt happen that was it for me.

If I was marooned on a desert island with only 1 rugby game, RL2 would be right at the bottom of my list.

In case your wondering, there is a solar powered generator on the island ..... and a pc, an xbox and a ps2. Loads of women too, really fit ones and like they are all so hot because of the sun that they dont wear any clo .... ok ill stop now.
<

Originally posted by TheBokke+Jan 25 2006, 10:56 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TheBokke @ Jan 25 2006, 10:56 PM)</div>
Originally posted by C A Iversen@Jan 25 2006, 10:36 PM

"Ditto Iversen...."

<
are drawn
<

Steve become a member and makes post that make sense and we will all be happy to discuss them I mean they have just let Los Lover back in which shows how accommadating everyone is. [/b]
<

Is Los back? I didn't see his avatar anywhere.......

1400 posts they stole......life is short, yet time, that most precious commodity, was heartlessly wrenched from his grip while he slept.....

Crazy guy that los....hell of a lover tho.

<

Latest posts