• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Global Rugby Manager

Can't wait for someone to mod this. Any one interested in doing a Super Rugby mod? Happy to help out with squad lists etc.

GPRed - Few quick notes:

- Can we have an auto round advance please? It actually takes a fair time loading through the UI for each individual match. A bit frustrating and time consuming.
- The Match engine - Very good, genuinely like the way it's built. Matches are a bit long though? (I'm very novice at this so apologies)
- What is it with English club teams not being rated by Kiwis? ;) I think Sarries and Leicester are a bit better than that.
- Layouts nice, Music is ok (don't overly think Music is necessary in Manager type games but each to their own that's more a personal preference from experience on FM)
- The scouting system is interesting, it's a bit like the NFL in terms of scouting but a highly basic form of it. It's good you don't see the attributes. If anyone here has played Front Office Football, it's a very basic form of that scouting system.
- Don't overly understand the transfer system yet.
- UI is fairly nice, was deceived by the scroll bar because it was as dark as the screen ;)
- Would really like a Northern 18 league if there's a save for a Southern 18.

It's a nice start though, I would admit to have been playing for 2 weeks only through the game so short span and can't give much scope on training yet, learning the basics. I don't like the idea that every manager game must be like FM though, it just means more of the same and it's nice this game is very different to what I'm used to. That being said, some of the things above it would be nice to have them polished up in a patch, especially the match engine speed to have speed options in 3D, it's either too slow or too fast and the round advance being implemented would be my only large bug bears at the moment.

6/10 could well move to a 7/7.5 once I've played a full season. Patches may push it to an 8, but I want to be a bit harsh just to see as many areas to work on.

GPRed - Few quick notes:

- Can we have an auto round advance please? It actually takes a fair time loading through the UI for each individual match. A bit frustrating and time consuming.
- The Match engine - Very good, genuinely like the way it's built. Matches are a bit long though? (I'm very novice at this so apologies)
- What is it with English club teams not being rated by Kiwis? ;) I think Sarries and Leicester are a bit better than that.
- Layouts nice, Music is ok (don't overly think Music is necessary in Manager type games but each to their own that's more a personal preference from experience on FM)
- The scouting system is interesting, it's a bit like the NFL in terms of scouting but a highly basic form of it. It's good you don't see the attributes. If anyone here has played Front Office Football, it's a very basic form of that scouting system.
- Don't overly understand the transfer system yet.
- UI is fairly nice, was deceived by the scroll bar because it was as dark as the screen ;)
- Would really like a Northern 18 league if there's a save for a Southern 18.

It's a nice start though, I would admit to have been playing for 2 weeks only through the game so short span and can't give much scope on training yet, learning the basics. I don't like the idea that every manager game must be like FM though, it just means more of the same and it's nice this game is very different to what I'm used to. That being said, some of the things above it would be nice to have them polished up in a patch, especially the match engine speed to have speed options in 3D, it's either too slow or too fast and the round advance being implemented would be my only large bug bears at the moment.

6/10 could well move to a 7/7.5 once I've played a full season. Patches may push it to an 8, but I want to be a bit harsh just to see as many areas to work on.

Thanks for the feedback. Most of that stuff can be fairly easily fixed, so we will look to do that with a patch after Christmas. If we can then be a 7/7.5 out of the box for a first release, we will be happy with that.

If we could add one new Northern comp to the game. What structure and teams would you like to see? (didn't mean to offend European rugby, the initial rosters are random!!)

Moving forward to future releases. What would be the 2 or 3 main things you would like to see added to make this game an 8.0+ ?

With regard to round advancing, you can click to sim any match with a button visible and it will then sim all the matches previously. This is much faster than doing them one by one.

How is the sales going ?

5 sales so far :)

We will start doing a bit of marketing this week and give you sales updates on Fridays.

Last edited:
Is it possible that the time for matches can be made shorter , the matches is very long and all my scores is in the 50's and up , game time should be more like 10 to 15 min a match

Is it possible that the time for matches can be made shorter , the matches is very long and all my scores is in the 50's and up , game time should be more like 10 to 15 min a match

We can add options for match length. How about 5, 10, 20 and 40 minute halves.

Can you please upload the game logo i want to put it on facebook

Ia there a way to speed up the loading times ? It takes very long and my pc aint that bad

I5 ... GTX 650 OC 1GB and 8 Gb Ram

Ia there a way to speed up the loading times ? It takes very long and my pc aint that bad

I5 ... GTX 650 OC 1GB and 8 Gb Ram

Simming 80 minute matches takes a few minutes and there isn't a way around it.

Adding in match length options should help though. If you choose 20 minute matches instead
of 80 then that will significantly reduce the sim times. We will add these in a patch.

While it is the processor that will help with sim times, your pc should be more than capable.

what else will be in the upcoming patch ?

Patch release is planned the 8th of January and will feature the following,

- Addition of English Premiership style competition
- Addition of Pro12 style competition
- Varied half lengths available
- 1.5 x 3D playback viewing speed added. This allows faster viewing of games while still being able follow the action easily.
- Quick sim through an entire round in one click
- Minor tweaks and fixes to interface and AI engine

If i choose the 20 or 10 min halves , how will this effect that stats of my players compared to the AI teams stats , i want my players to top most of the leader stats like most tackles and that stuff so will the AI still be simmed as 80 min matches or the same times as me otherwise my players stats will be much lower

You will be able to change the match length each round to whatever you prefer. All games in that round will then be played using that match length. So stats should remain consistent across the board as all teams will play the same number of minutes.

Any chance of internationals being included into the patch even if it is only a world cup compition main thing is call ups for internationals brings another edge to the game

Any chance of internationals being included into the patch even if it is only a world cup compition main thing is call ups for internationals brings another edge to the game

We will probaby have our hands full getting the current patch features done. Integrating a world cup
competition is something we are considering for the next version.

bought it yeasterday, really good project! even if I have some trouble with simulation game in 3d....game doesn t run, hope it will be fixed with the next update

Latest posts