Cymro The White
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Wales
Club or Nation
Barbarians
_51760245_110490588.jpg

Gloucester (10) 34
Tries: Voyce, Fuimaono-Sapolu, Sharples, Dawidiuk Cons: Robinson 4 Pens: Robinson 2
Newcastle (0) 7
Tries: Eves Cons: Gopperth

Gloucester banished the heartache of previous final defeats with a 32-7 win over Newcastle in the LV= Cup.

A converted Tom Voyce try, after just six minutes, and Nicky Robinson penalty gave Gloucester a 10-0 half-time lead.

Another Robinson penalty, a sublime try from Eliota Fuimaono-Sapolu and Charlie Sharples's score gave the Cherry and Whites breathing space after the break.

Luke Eves dived over for a Falcons consolation before Gloucester's Darren Dawidiuk was driven over at the death.

More to follow.

Gloucester: Morgan; Sharples, Molenaar, Fuimaono-Sapolu, Voyce; Robinson, Pasqualin; Wood, Azam, Harden; Hamilton, Brown; Qera, Hazell, Narraway (capt).
Replacements: Dawidiuk, Thomas, Knight, James, Cox, Taylor, Burns, Trinder.

Newcastle: Tait; Fielden, Tu'ipulotu, Fitzpatrick, Eves; Gopperth, Young; Golding, Thompson, Brookes; Hudson (capt), Van der Heijden; Swinson, Wilson, Hogg.
Replacements: Vickers, Shiells, Hall, Levi, Wilson, Charlton, Bobo, Catterick.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_union/9429097.stm

You've got to feel for the Falcons, but finally Gloucester have come up against a team they can beat in a cup final...

Gloucester played some good rugby, as did Newcastle. Unfortunately Newcastle made one to many errors and it cost them.

Agree with both of you

Was a decent match after a slow start - Charlie Sharples looked good (again)

I'm glad we won by a good margin. If Tom Voyce's try had been the difference, it wouldn't have counted in my book, because he once tried to take home a girl I was courting.

Latest posts