• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Gloucester v Ospreys

a very well contested match!!! full credit to Gloucester, they knew how to win that game. I hate it when my team is losing, and the other team just play close quarters rugby and retain the ball, u buggers!! haha. Ospreys really applied the pressure in first half, just couldn't break the line, there was that LITTLE spark missing (ala Shane Williams, not saying 1 man can make a difference, but can definetly help to breaking down defences). Nice to see Henson having a solid attacking game, although was tad lazy for 1st Gloucster, but can't totally blame him fr that!! Paterson is an absolute class act with the boot, i think that is a great buy for Gloucester. Well its gonna be a very interesting group, Liberty clash and away matches will be very interesting!!

Vainikolo is impressing me every time i see him play, defensivley he was outstanding imo!! he brings quite a bit to this gloucester team, i tihnk they have the right balance to go all the way, both HC and GP!

Vainikolo is impressing me every time i see him play, defensivley he was outstanding imo!! he brings quite a bit to this gloucester team, i tihnk they have the right balance to go all the way, both HC and GP! [/b]

is he fully fit. from what i've heard he looks like he has more to give as so far he doesn't go looking for work as much and could get more involved in the tight game. if he isn't fully fit yet, then he could get seriously awesome.

<div class='quotemain'> Vainikolo is impressing me every time i see him play, defensivley he was outstanding imo!! he brings quite a bit to this gloucester team, i tihnk they have the right balance to go all the way, both HC and GP! [/b]

is he fully fit. from what i've heard he looks like he has more to give as so far he doesn't go looking for work as much and could get more involved in the tight game. if he isn't fully fit yet, then he could get seriously awesome.
[/b][/quote]

You are quite right when you say he doesnt look for work. I feel he is thinking about the basics all the time like his positioning so as not to make mistakes. As his confidence and awareness grows you will see more of him popping up in midfield and hopefully causing havoc.
To be fair to him the sight of him on the charge is something else,with his pace and sheer size.

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'> Vainikolo is impressing me every time i see him play, defensivley he was outstanding imo!! he brings quite a bit to this gloucester team, i tihnk they have the right balance to go all the way, both HC and GP! [/b]

[/b][/quote]

You are quite right when you say he doesnt look for work. I feel he is thinking about the basics all the time like his positioning so as not to make mistakes. As his confidence and awareness grows you will see more of him popping up in midfield and hopefully causing havoc.
To be fair to him the sight of him on the charge is something else,with his pace and sheer size. [/b][/quote]

that's where the big wingers at Tigers have really come on. Tuilagi and Rabeni have always been good at beating defenders and causing havoc on the charge, but past season or so they have looked for more work. when playing well they pop up in midfield alot and join in the tight game with the forwards, driving round the fringes and hitting rucks. It can really make a difference, especially when the forwards are tiring late in the game.

Latest posts