• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Gloucester v Sale

A

An Tarbh

Gloucester.png
Sale.png

Gloucester v Sale (Sat)

Gloucester's Carlos Spencer will make his debut and will form a half-back partnership with scrum-half Rory Lawson, with Ryan Lamb on the bench.

Olly Barkley reverts to centre where he will play alongside Matthew Watkins.

Sale have made five changes after their win at Worcester two weeks ago with Luke McAlister coming in for Matthew Tait at centre who's on England duty.

Richard Wigglesworth starts at scrum-half and Eifion Roberts, Sean Cox and Luke Abraham come into the pack.

Gloucester: I Balshaw, M Foster, M Watkins, O Barkley, J Simpson-Daniel, C Spencer, R Lawson, G Delve, A Hazell, A Satala, A Brown, W James, G Somerville, Or Azam (captn), N Wood.
Replacements: A ***terrell, J Forster, A Eustace, D Williams, R Lamb, A Allen, C Sharples.

Sale: N McLeod, C Bell, L McAlister, L Thomas, O Ripol, C Hodgson, R Wigglesworth, E Roberts, S Bruno, S Turner, D Schofield, S Cox, C Jones, L Abraham, J Martin F Lobbe
Replacements: M Jones, R O'Donnell, B Cockbain, N Briggs, C Leck, R Keil, S Kuadey

FromBBC Sport

Well, England getting hammered <strike>would</strike> will be heaven. Sale winning <strike>would</strike> will be a bonus. ;)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (cyRil of Ospreylia @ Feb 13 2009, 05:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Feb 13 2009, 04:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well, England getting hammered <strike>would</strike> will be heaven.[/b]
STOP IT NOW!!! I'm warning you son!!
[/b][/quote]

aw a bit of logic for a second here, even though I'm prone to daft superstitions myself, even if England upset the odds it'll have had nothing to do with somebody mouthing off on a rugby forum, I'm not sure how many if any of the players are reading the comments of Sir.Speedy.

Meh, if we win, I'd be viewed as arrogant c*nt by all involved anyway. But we'd have won, so yeh.
If we lose, the backlash will be epic.

Either way I can't lose. I guess.
Back to this match anyway... Peel and Cockbain aside a full strength side against a struggling Gloucester with Spencer at 10. This is where my confidence is coming from.

Final score: 24 - 17 to Gloucester.
Rollocks. To think Sale had a half-time lead of 7 - 18... Second game they've thrown away this year.

That's the general consensus of the Sale fans though (not that you'd expect anything different), but I can't possibly comment as didn't I see it.
Though I'm not going to take a Gloucester fan's word for it; especially not yours. ;)

Latest posts