• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Goal of the century???

I always thought Ronaldinho's goal was deliberate as he had thats ame focused look that he has before he takes his penalties or his free kicks. Just a feeling though.

As for goal of the century, people seem to have short memories, what about Cambiaso's goal in the world cup. Awesome

Should we have nominations of our favourite goals and vote on them?

Or to keep with the rugby theme, our favourite tries?

euh this particular topic is in the football section so we could vote for football goals. but the problem is that everybody will bring a different one so it will not be very usefull. i can give at least 6 or 7 goals that could be n° 1 (zidane, van basten, weah, henry, bergkamp, ronald koeman ... etc ...)
for Ronaldinho's free kick it's not my fault if he said he was lucky and did not want to do it ... i didn't invent it i just saw it on tv !!!

And shiznit don't insult me please (psg fan !!!)

Can't go far wrong with that alright but honourable mention for Ronnie Whelan's effort against the Soviets.

Did wonders as well for chiropractors throughout the country as plenty tried to emulate it to their embarrassment.

Ronnie Whelan - USSR, Euro 88

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Aw7KlFV2M-g"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Aw7KlFV2M-g" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

Goal of the Champions League so Far???

thats a huge goal !!! surprising from a player like crouch !!!

sorry getof, i know you're fan but i find this player rather ****... i've seen him playing in the wc and i was very disapointed by his matches. especially with the headers, considering his size he should but much better or at least more consistent.

thats a huge goal !!! surprising from a player like crouch !!!

sorry getof, i know you're fan but i find this player rather ****... i've seen him playing in the wc and i was very disapointed by his matches. especially with the headers, considering his size he should but much better or at least more consistent. [/b]

Why does everyone think that because someone is tall they are immediately good at heading the ball, its not true... remember this if its a small guy heading they have far more bounce and this means more energy connecting with the ball therefore more powerful headers... Tall Guys dont have to always jump for the headers so where does the power come from...

The key thing about Peter Crouch is his footwork, for a guy of his size its fantastic, and this is proved by the number of goals he has scored, and this has given him probably one of the best, if not the best Goals per Game Ratio than any other player in the world...

Not a huge fan of Crouch, his goalscoring rate recently has been superb but before that it was abismal. I think the chance he had against Trinidad and Tobago where it went wider than the width of the goal sums Crouch up for me.

Having said that his champions league goal was impressive, didn't think he had it in him but I still stand by my opinion.

<div class='quotemain'> thats a huge goal !!! surprising from a player like crouch !!!

sorry getof, i know you're fan but i find this player rather ****... i've seen him playing in the wc and i was very disapointed by his matches. especially with the headers, considering his size he should but much better or at least more consistent. [/b]

Why does everyone think that because someone is tall they are immediately good at heading the ball, its not true... remember this if its a small guy heading they have far more bounce and this means more energy connecting with the ball therefore more powerful headers... Tall Guys dont have to always jump for the headers so where does the power come from...

The key thing about Peter Crouch is his footwork, for a guy of his size its fantastic, and this is proved by the number of goals he has scored, and this has given him probably one of the best, if not the best Goals per Game Ratio than any other player in the world...
[/b][/quote]

hum i don't agree with u. tall players are usually weak at jumping but not with the headers ... they don't need to be able to jump high but, as they are tall they are very often good as headers. see most of the great forwards in the past that were tall, were good at headers ... van basten, gulit ...etc but this does not mean that being small is being crap at header.

Latest posts