• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Got Biased reffing?

<div class='quotemain'> Got biased reffing?
Biased touch judges?
Different set of rules for one team?

f***in dirty cheats :%#%#:

Come on that was appalling, I seriously would not be suprised if there was something more into it.

How can one side be constantly offside and get away with forward passes, hands in the ruck and off their feet? Where the other team can't and get's sin binned for no reason.

Disgusting.
[/b]

You lost, get over it.. life goes on.
[/b][/quote]

Well as an American you clearly do not understand how this feels. Yes, we lost (unfairly and definitely not squarely), but no mate, this will take another 4 years ending with a RWC win to rectify this shattering day. I'm not over doing it, it's about the norm feeling here at the moment.
Lay off, let us have our whine :wah:

I LOVE THIS THREAD!!!!!! (and look forward to a similar one in 4 years)
TYPICAL KIWIS!

i congratulate the ones who are actually good loosers, but the rest of you enjoy the next 4 years!!!!

wasnt it good to finally see a ref stand up to mcaw!

<div class='quotemain'>
How can one side be constantly offside and get away with forward passes, hands in the ruck and off their feet? [/b]

This is possibly the most ironic line I have ever read on here. Barnes got the forward passes for the second French try wrong - that was quite clear. However, McCaw spent most this (and every other) match on the wrong side of the ruck with his hands all over the ball.

He didn't get pinged much tonight, so why should the referee apply different standards to the French?

[/b][/quote]

He let the French get away with murder at the breakdown as well.

This is the All Blacks earliest exit from any RWC so this is foreign for every New Zealander and some of us will take it on the chin while others will just whine for the next 4 years.

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>
How can one side be constantly offside and get away with forward passes, hands in the ruck and off their feet? [/b]

This is possibly the most ironic line I have ever read on here. Barnes got the forward passes for the second French try wrong - that was quite clear. However, McCaw spent most this (and every other) match on the wrong side of the ruck with his hands all over the ball.

He didn't get pinged much tonight, so why should the referee apply different standards to the French?

[/b][/quote]

He let the French get away with murder at the breakdown as well.

[/b][/quote]

So we agree he was consistent? If you watch the match when emotions have cooled, you will notice the number of times New Zealand players leave their feet on entering the ruck area.

If Mr Barnes interprets them to be doing no wrong, then so be it, but you can't expect him to only penalise one side in this crucial area.

He rewarded the All Blacks for areas of dominance such as the scrum, and rightly so. But despite a missed forward pass or two (and not just from French hands), he did not lose this match for New Zealand. That responsibility comes down to the players who did not make the most of their 70% possession.

I LOVE THIS THREAD!!!!!! (and look forward to a similar one in 4 years)
TYPICAL KIWIS!

i congratulate the ones who are actually good loosers, but the rest of you enjoy the next 4 years!!!!

wasnt it good to finally see a ref stand up to mcaw!
[/b]

Would love to see how you Saffers would take something like this mate. Good luck against France in the final.

You know what's really funny? That the poms made the semis and we didn't! This actually cheers me up, it's such a twist. God knows why, it just sounds funny. Boy did we blow it.

hello whine-one-one? i need a waaambulance dispatched to NewZealand immediately!

Arse! The ref did well, let the phases build and build - and punished McCaw's cheating with a yellow for the brilliant McA.

Problem for the ABs was that French defence was too good. Game over. Allez les Bs.

Stop complaining and start thinking of how you're going to repeat 1987 - buhwahaha .. surely you won't blame that failure on the ref as well?

At the end of the day the NZ players, teams and fans alike now know what the rest of the rugby playing nation feels like!

Oh I just went and kicked in my shatteredniss even more. I just finished a match between All Blacks vs France on Rugby 08 and guess who f***** won?. This is bull**** I've had it with this day it just gets worse and worse.

Oh I just went and kicked in my shatteredniss even more. I just finished a match between All Blacks vs France on Rugby 08 and guess who f***** won?. This is bull**** I've had it with this day it just gets worse and worse.
[/b]

I hear ya bro. Ive got 2 exams this week. Like f*** I'll be able to clear my head before they start. Just devoted 3 weeks of my uni life to this miserable outcome where I could have done something useful with my time :%#%#:

<div class='quotemain'>
Biased touch judges?

Come on that was appalling, I seriously would not be suprised if there was something more into it.

How can one side be constantly offside and get away with forward passes, hands in the ruck and off their feet? Where the other team can't and get's sin binned for no reason.

Disgusting.
[/b]

[/b][/quote]

Well as an American you clearly do not understand how this feels. Yes, we lost (unfairly and definitely not squarely), but no mate, this will take another 4 years ending with a RWC win to rectify this shattering day. I'm not over doing it, it's about the norm feeling here at the moment.
Lay off, let us have our whine :wah: [/b][/quote]

Actually i do know how it feels

January of this past year my beloved Buckeyes lost to the Florida Gators, a team we should have pounded in the national championship game. Trust me it was a lot worse or on par, for me especially, but as they say theres always next year.

Of course you can have excuses, but you have to give credit where credit is due..and you can't cry foul play by the refs, trust me mccaw alone has helped the all blacks win several games thanks to the blind eye of the ref.

I'm not going to comment on the specific reffing of that match, but I can tell you that you're definitely not the only ones who disagree with Barnes' reffing. In general, that is.

He has this "oh-please-just-beat-me-up" attitude. Overly strict in some cases, overly lenient in others. Self-rigtheous. About as consistent as a chemical reaction. South Africans (and obviously others) don't like this guy :p

On that note, I'm not saying the French won because of his reffing either. The French played very well, with heart and determination, and they deserved to win this one. On the *same* note, so did the All Blacks, but in all honestly I did expect more from them. So I agree with KDF, well done All Blacks, and congrats France!

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>
Biased touch judges?

Disgusting.
[/b]

[/b][/quote]

Lay off, let us have our whine :wah: [/b][/quote]

Actually i do know how it feels

January of this past year my beloved Buckeyes lost to the Florida Gators, a team we should have pounded in the national championship game. Trust me it was a lot worse or on par, for me especially, but as they say theres always next year.

Of course you can have excuses, but you have to give credit where credit is due..and you can't cry foul play by the refs, trust me mccaw alone has helped the all blacks win several games thanks to the blind eye of the ref.
[/b][/quote]

What... a college football game? You must be kidding if you think that can compare to what a World Cup means to New Zealand. I mean ****, every single advertisement has something to do with Rugby. There were like 50 ads on 24 hours a day promoting the All Blacks and the World Cup. It's every 4 years, and worst of all we get absolutely rapped with bad calls in the most important match.

Usually I don't care if we loose fairly, France played well, we played very **** and still only lost by 2 points, but that ref really complemented our **** performance. The worst game we have produced in 4 years since last world cup defeat and it happens to be a 1/4 final versus France.

The funny part is the French commentators were yelling at the ref for a bunch of mistakes made by the ABs and not sanctioned.

The funny part is the French commentators were yelling at the ref for a bunch of mistakes made by the ABs and not sanctioned.
[/b]

What mistakes may they be? A meter forward pass leading to a match winning try? Hands in the ruck at the dying minutes? Constant offsides, especially by Dusautoir who was a constant c*** all game, in saying that he played awesome B)

Seriously, we did not get the rub of the green thats f***ing obvious okay? But fact is we had 72%, yes 72% :blink: posession and still couldn't win. France made 178 tackles :blink: , and we only made 39, yet you guys never gave up and we just flat out ran outta ideas. I wont say we choked, cos the ref had a massive input on the final outcome, but you played very well despite getting pretty much every match changing decision ;)

The worst game we have produced in 4 years since last world cup defeat and it happens to be a 1/4 final versus France.
[/b]

Look at football, Brazil are all time favorite but we have defeated them the last 2 times during the world cup.
All Black are the Brazilians of the Rugby... :D
Do you see what i mean? :p ;)

<div class='quotemain'>
The worst game we have produced in 4 years since last world cup defeat and it happens to be a 1/4 final versus France.
[/b]

Look at football, Brazil are all time favorite but we have defeated them the last 2 times during the world cup.
All Black are the Brazilians of the Rugby... :D
Do you see what i mean? :p ;)
[/b][/quote]

LOL, what a coincidence. I was just about to bring that very thing up! Brazil lost to France last year in the FIFA WC 1/4 final. Now we loose to France in the Rugby WC 1/4 final. Both NZ and Brazil were MASSIVE favourites to win, with all the best players, but just couldn't put it together on the day.

The only difference, Brazil has won 5 world cups, All Blacks only 1. But hey, this is a young tournament and the Football one has been round since 1932

You know what i am sure you will win the next one.
Just don't forget to tip the ref this time. :lol:

You know what i am sure you will win the next one.
Just don't forget to tip the ref this time. :lol:
[/b]

Well we just might have to ;)

I think it will be France vs South Africa in the final, god knows who'll win that. South Africa should, but then again we should have won today also.

Roll on 2011