• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Got Biased reffing?

Got to laugh at this thread. How can a English ref be biased towards the French??

In a WC QF match, if a team is behind by two points & only a few minutes left, there is something you can do in the opposition half to get 3 points. I can't think of what it is though. Perhaps NZ should look into this mysterious method of getting 3 points.

Got to laugh at this thread. How can a English ref be biased towards the French??

In a WC QF match, if a team is behind by two points & only a few minutes left, there is something you can do in the opposition half to get 3 points. I can't think of what it is though. Perhaps NZ should look into this mysterious method of getting 3 points.
[/b]

Exactly. Why the hell there was nobody in the slot for a droppie is beyond belief. Dare I say it though, I think the arrogance shone through when we kept going for the try. Ridiculous.

[/b]
I think it would be fine to list the reasons why the All Blacks were screwed out of the world cup...the ones I can remember...

95 Suzie
03 Carlos

What was the conspiracy in 91 and 99?

If you think about it the only dodgy decision was the forward pass.

The yellow card was deserved - he ran straight into Jauzion (who admittedly made the most of it) while trying to look the other way and pretend he wasn't doing anything and the refereeing of the rucks was the same for both sides.

And while i'd be getting my gun if the forward pass was given against Ireland I can see it a little more objectively from here B) .

Oh, and NZ, wales and Ireland, the three teams who have all had conditioning camps and players being taken out of half the season for the world cup have all crashed out. Coincidence? I think not.

Oh, and NZ, wales and Ireland, the three teams who have all had conditioning camps and players being taken out of half the season for the world cup have all crashed out. Coincidence? I think not.
[/b]

My point exactly...

You know what i am sure you will win the next one.
Just don't forget to tip the ref this time. :lol:
[/b]

but we did tip the ref beforehand...you mean you guys did too??? The swine was taking money from both sides!!! Now THAT is straight-out dishonest!

Complain about the ref all you want but the reason NZ lost is because not one of it's players were man enough to position themselves for a drop goal in the dying minutes because none of them wanted to be responsible for missing it and ending NZ's last attacking chance. They are afraid of their own supporters and it certainly effected their game last night I mean the amount of pressure on that NZ team to win the cup was unbelievable and at the end of the day they choked.

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

Exactly. Why the hell there was nobody in the slot for a droppie is beyond belief. Dare I say it though, I think the arrogance shone through when we kept going for the try. Ridiculous.
[/b][/quote]

That's because the drop goal is not spectacular enough and should only count one point anyway as many of the contributors to the "drop goals should be one point" thread wanted.

See the thing is if you start believing your own hype then you are bordering on delusions. Having team photo's printed with embbeded DNA, bringing bags of dirt from your country to have pitch side for good luck, writing a book about how the world cup was won before the fact.......now if none of those things work their black magic then surely it could only be the refereeing can't it?

<div class='quotemain'> Why isnt collage football rated higher then Rugyb world cup then drongo [/b]

Because college football isnt an international sport dumbass. [/b][/quote]Ah, but the professional version does, or rather did, have an international league.They even held games at the old Wembley stadium.

Of course, when only 12 people turned up to watch the games, they quickly relocated to Hackney Marshes.

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'> Got biased reffing?
Biased touch judges?
Different set of rules for one team?

f***in dirty cheats :%#%#:

Come on that was appalling, I seriously would not be suprised if there was something more into it.

How can one side be constantly offside and get away with forward passes, hands in the ruck and off their feet? Where the other team can't and get's sin binned for no reason.

Disgusting.
[/b]

You lost, get over it.. life goes on.
[/b][/quote]

Well as an American you clearly do not understand how this feels. Yes, we lost (unfairly and definitely not squarely), but no mate, this will take another 4 years ending with a RWC win to rectify this shattering day. I'm not over doing it, it's about the norm feeling here at the moment.
Lay off, let us have our whine :wah: [/b][/quote]

Actually i do know how it feels

January of this past year my beloved Buckeyes lost to the Florida Gators, a team we should have pounded in the national championship game. Trust me it was a lot worse or on par, for me especially, but as they say theres always next year.

Of course you can have excuses, but you have to give credit where credit is due..and you can't cry foul play by the refs, trust me mccaw alone has helped the all blacks win several games thanks to the blind eye of the ref.
[/b][/quote]

What... a college football game?
You must be kidding if you think that can compare to what a World Cup means to New Zealand. I mean ****, every single advertisement has something to do with Rugby. There were like 50 ads on 24 hours a day promoting the All Blacks and the World Cup. It's every 4 years, and worst of all we get absolutely rapped with bad calls in the most important match.[/b][/quote]

You dont know much about ohio state football then.

Each weekend over 100,000 people show up to Ohio Stadium to cheer on the bucks, not only that but thousands upon thousands follow them on TV.

Trust me, its just as important.
[/b][/quote]

The "Bucks" are a mickey mouse team playing a mickey mouse so called sport. Please stick to the subject matter. RUGBY!!!! DO YOU UNDERSTAND???????????????????

<div class='quotemain'>
Biased touch judges?

Come on that was appalling, I seriously would not be suprised if there was something more into it.

How can one side be constantly offside and get away with forward passes, hands in the ruck and off their feet? Where the other team can't and get's sin binned for no reason.

Disgusting.
[/b]

[/b][/quote]

Well as an American you clearly do not understand how this feels. Yes, we lost (unfairly and definitely not squarely), but no mate, this will take another 4 years ending with a RWC win to rectify this shattering day. I'm not over doing it, it's about the norm feeling here at the moment.

January of this past year my beloved Buckeyes lost to the Florida Gators, a team we should have pounded in the national championship game. Trust me it was a lot worse or on par, for me especially, but as they say theres always next year.

Of course you can have excuses, but you have to give credit where credit is due..and you can't cry foul play by the refs, trust me mccaw alone has helped the all blacks win several games thanks to the blind eye of the ref.
[/b][/quote]

You must be kidding if you think that can compare to what a World Cup means to New Zealand. I mean ****, every single advertisement has something to do with Rugby. There were like 50 ads on 24 hours a day promoting the All Blacks and the World Cup. It's every 4 years, and worst of all we get absolutely rapped with bad calls in the most important match.[/b][/quote]

Each weekend over 100,000 people show up to Ohio Stadium to cheer on the bucks, not only that but thousands upon thousands follow them on TV.

[/b][/quote]

The "Bucks" are a mickey mouse team playing a mickey mouse so called sport. Please stick to the subject matter. RUGBY!!!! DO YOU UNDERSTAND??????????????????? [/b][/quote]

Haha....Calm down Danny lol! Yeah and good to see you again:)

DC.....if the Cardiff stadium could hold 200,000....it would have sold out. The game we lost was also watched by 16 million TV viewers in France alone. I won't even go on about how many people around the world would be watching the AB's exit the tournament.

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]
I think it would be fine to list the reasons why the All Blacks were screwed out of the world cup...the ones I can remember...

95 Suzie
03 Carlos

What was the conspiracy in 91 and 99? [/b][/quote]

There were no conspiracy's in 91 or 99 I think the All Blacks just plain got thera a**** handed to them.

<div class='quotemain'>
Biased touch judges?

How can one side be constantly offside and get away with forward passes, hands in the ruck and off their feet? Where the other team can't and get's sin binned for no reason. The magnitude of importance that Ohio State holds for Ohio is on par with the magnitude of importance the All Blacks are for New Zealand.. It's not a matter of how important it is overall just the magnitude for the people involved.

Disgusting.
[/b]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

[/b][/quote]

The "Bucks" are a mickey mouse team playing a mickey mouse so called sport. Please stick to the subject matter. RUGBY!!!! DO YOU UNDERSTAND??????????????????? [/b][/quote]

Danny glad to see your back, did you just get done having sex with your sister? Or was it your mom this time?

Same with Ohio Stadium Gay Guy, all im trying to say is i know how it feels to have a team lose in a big game. And the best thing to do is just let it go, and keep movin foreward.

AB supporters are deluded. When is it OK not to yellow card a blatant body check in the 22. Thats the way we do it in the North. FAIR & LEGAL. ABs had a few forward passes.

Blacks lost... FRANCE WERE THE BETTER TEAM for most of the second half. They should accept it and move on.

How do you know when the New Zealand fans are back home?

The plane engines are off but you can still hear whining.

Obviously that's not true of all of them, but I think it's pretty low to start blaming the referee for that one. Every referee makes mistakes, sometimes ones which change games or even tournaments, but there's a big difference between making a mistake and being biased. Whatever your views on the individual decisions, to pass the defeat off as some kind of conspiracy is not really on. It's a shame, as there are plenty of SH guys being very gracious in defeat, let's not let Rugby become like football eh lads?

i think that touch judges should be scrapped in place of 2 extra reffs. they think all they do is to pick their nose untill the ball goes into touch, its absolutely rediculas. the amound of handling in the ruck, off side play and obstructions on the blindside as at best worth a decent look at, regardless of what your opinion on this is. they also could consider having a further two. this is because in the case of the foward pass, as we saw is was blatant. it was almost directly adjacent to the sideline. so if we had a ref covering one half of the feild and one on the other then we would have refs at least keeping up with the game. and then yes i know "how can you expect domestic games to do this?" well i say "just have it for internationals/world cups." also think that video refs should have input.

so in final words:

the irb is a joke and if they dont clean there act up, so will the 2011 wc, and then rugby is gone. i hope like hell that apparant european uprising thing thats in the papers topples them over or at least gives them a run for their money.

Nice post sam bad good to see some nautrals can see with both eyes rather then 1