• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Got Biased reffing?

Nice post sam bad good to see some nautrals can see with both eyes rather then 1 [/b]

i get pratice of seeing both sides the playing feild by supporting my maori brothers AND my ginga warriors.

Nice post sam bad good to see some nautrals can see with both eyes rather then 1 [/b]

Nice to see Auckland is considered as a neutral venue by Kiwis now... ;)

Nice to see Auckland is considered as a neutral venue by Kiwis now... ;)
[/b]

Aucklanders don't consider the rest of NZ to be important, and the rest of NZ considers Auckland to be a poor imitation of Sydney,

Wow guys this thread is great!!! who knew so many people could whine so much. you'd think this was the first time a team had lost due to a forward pass. Shame McCalisters try didn't win the game, so the French could have a go asking why Carters forward pass wasn't picked up. But wait, if both sides had tries with forward passes then surely it's a fair result.

Got to ask though, if your team made less than 50 tackles, why did it miss the one that counted on MIchalak?? That try could have been stopped. NZ had plenty of time to win the game still. They weren't outclasses by any means, but they had the chance to win and didn't take it. France did, with only 30% possession.

Wow guys this thread is great!!! who knew so many people could whine so much. you'd think this was the first time a team had lost due to a forward pass. Shame McCalisters try didn't win the game, so the French
[/b]

well, a few vocal people are questioning the ref, but the team and coaching staff didn't.

Before all the English fans get carried away lets remind ourselves how a saintly (or at least knighted!) coach should handle himself in this sort of situation:

June 98 Australia 76 England 0: Quote from coach - Well, the referring didn't help us

June 98 New Zealand 64 England 22: Coach says - The coach wasn't on our side

June 04 NZ 36 England 6: Coach fumes - at 6-3 up after 10 minutes it looked like we were going to win the test match, until the touch judge intervened and the ref made a ridiculous decision to send Shaw off...

but to be fair the most bizarre was:

November 03 Aus 17 Enland 20: Coach confounds world by refusing to shake refs hand and first comments are- the referring was appalling

And you're point in spouting all that is... What? Oh yeah, let's turn the attention on those moustache tweaking, evil poms. <_<

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/TP3i2YXRQPk"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/TP3i2YXRQPk" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

But THIS thread wasn't started by an Englishman, it was started by a Kiwi moaning about a forward pass (ignoring the millions the ABs have got away with over the years) even though in a snap decision it would have been nigh on impossible to call and claiming McAlisters sin-binning was un-warrented. Oh and when McAlisters pass for the NZ try was also forwards.

The All Blacks choked. Again. Get over it. Again.

And you're point in spouting all that is... What? Oh yeah, let's turn the attention on those moustache tweaking, evil poms. <_<

But THIS thread wasn't started by an Englishman, it was started by a Kiwi moaning about a forward pass (ignoring the millions the ABs have got away with over the years) even though in a snap decision it would have been nigh on impossible to call and claiming McAlisters sin-binning was un-warrented. Oh and when McAlisters pass for the NZ try was also forwards.

The All Blacks choked. Again. Get over it. Again.
[/b]

I've never criticised the ref, I pointed out in a couple of other threads that the AB's may have scored from a forward pass once or twice in their long history, and I only choose an English coach because he was the only one I could think of who complained about the ref as his first comment after winning the world cup (and I personally watched each of the games I mentioned and listened with embarassment to his comments as he made them so I didn't have to look anything up). I think you are too sensitive.

You have in fact criticised the ref, and unjustly so. McAlisters pass (do you mean to Collins?) was not forward. The ref would have called it if it was.

The fist and main point is that the coach and players did not blame the ref (though in a most bizarre situation the NZRFU apprently are, which is unforgivable). As a coach Henry has always appeared (to me) gracious in victory or defeat, as has Mccaw as a captain. Some of the fans may be whining, but they did not.

...the AB's may have scored from a forward pass once or twice in their long history...
[/b]

Once or twice? Get off!
Nobody has that outstanding a record.
Stop trying to make your team sound like the victims here, ok?
Let's try amending the quote: -

...the AB's may have scored from a forward pass once or twice this season...
[/b]

Once or twice? Get off!
[/b]

Except England who rarely get themselves into a position where they can forward pass :bana:

November 03 Aus 17 Enland 20: Coach confounds world by refusing to shake refs hand and first comments are- the referring was appalling

[/b]

I agreed totally with him...any nation on earth other than England and that 79th minute scrum penalty wouldn't have been given. That's a fact. It could have cost us the world cup.

Once or twice? Get off!
Stop trying to make your team sound like the victims here, ok?
Let's try amending the quote: -

[/b]

you're apparently welsh so I'll forgive you not understanding irony.

However 'amending' quotes is just a sad act.

I've never said the All Blacks were victims. I just said they weren't the ones doing the whining. Apparently that was me whining :blink:

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

I agreed totally with him...any nation on earth other than England and that 79th minute scrum penalty wouldn't have been given. That's a fact. It could have cost us the world cup.
[/b][/quote]
Haha get off it, who's the whinger now?

PS. After watching that clip of the forward pass I can see why the Kiwi fans are so ****** off, that was absolutely disgraceful not to call that one...

Actually it's about time the Aussie's and us Kiwi's stuck up for each other. We're both copping a caning from NH people who are seizing a chance to seemingly rewrite history and act as though they've dominted the SH over the last 10-50 (no in general forever) years.

After looking at that video clip, and looking at the foward pass i had to laugh at some of the people who called that line ball :D Not moaning by the way just laughing :bana:

Actually it's about time the Aussie's and us Kiwi's stuck up for each other. We're both copping a caning from NH people who are seizing a chance to seemingly rewrite history and act as though they've dominted the SH over the last 10-50 (no in general forever) years. [/b]

I agree i mean im used to geting crap from SA & Aussies but people dissing from the NH is something i will never get used to. It's gonna be SH vs NH in my eyes now and im going to back my hemisphere.

Well, if theres a divide on forum between the hemisphere's we all know which side of the equator fired the first shots.

It's all opinions, but just as many NH members need to pull their heads in as SH. Although some NH members are stirring massively and largely ignored, whilst the SH idiots are held up as examples of all the rest!

Well, if theres a divide on forum between the hemisphere's we all know which side of the equator fired the first shots.

It's all opinions, but just as many NH members need to pull their heads in as SH. Although some NH members are stirring massively and largely ignored, whilst the SH idiots are held up as examples of all the rest!
[/b]

I assume you're referring to the numerous 'Why aren't the NH any good?' type threads that were started before or during the pool stages of the tournament? Because otherwise I just don't see it.

Most people on here have already said a hemisphere divide is bullshit anyway. No one in the NH likes England much, because we're evil ********, and England fans are unlikely to support either the French or Welsh very often. And we enjoy getting one over the Scots and Irish when we can.

Similarly, I doubt the huge rivaleries between the Tri-Nations teams are just going to disappear overnight.

All Aussie and Kiwi fans must have known they were going to get some flak after many rubbished England and France, and they must also expect that some people aren't modest enough to drop it after a couple of days.

People from both sides of the equator just need to stop being so melodramatic. At the end of the day, passionate as all of us are, it's still only sport. And I never thought I'd hear myself saying that.

Mind you, you've been largely balanced about things after the first 24 hrs. As I say it's not everyone, just a few still carrying on. Myself (in response) included.

Lets not forget SH people had to put up with the ignorance of the NH poster's having a crack at the choker debate long before any of the slagging had started in the first place.