• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Got the game!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to confirm Promo copies of the games are starting to go out this week...

It's not BS you doubters, get over it! The fact that I havn't put vids up yet is honestly cos I'm having a really busy week at work, only got to play the game for an hour last night, and was too tired to start recording and uploading stuff.
I played on Medium against some lower and mid ranked teams, Canada, Samoa and Scotland, and I won them all. I'm not an experienced rugby game player, so i didn't expect that.
Defense is definitly stronger, line breaks are harder to come by and the defensive line does spread across quicker, whilst leaving smaller gaps. Also, the kicking mechanic is a harder, as the dial moves a lot quicker.
Have to say that despite not having played a World Cup yet, I can see that the game won't have longevity, due to the limited options (outside of Xbox Live) and lack of create a tournament mode (which I see as crucial). Very happy that theres 2 games coming out because outside of playing with your mates, longevity is the most important thing to me about a game. Hours of gameplay is one of the main barometres used to evaluate a game, after general gameplay etc.

And I wasn't BS'ing about getting banned, I thought I might after being privately contacted by the forum, but I was wrong, and the issue resolved itself. Apologies to the forum for putting that idea out there!

The games you won. Where they at least close on the score board? Did you enjoy playing them. A little concerned(particularly since he said he has not played previous rugby ***les), he won all his games on med (the developers said that they could make the game as hard as they wanted, hopefully there is a hidden harder level, and by this I don't mean the ai winning every ruck, just quicker to close gaps and faster to go through gaps). If this was after a week of play ok, put so early on.<_<
Cheers and Salud

When playing Canada, Samoa & Scotland... who were you playing as Ireland or someone better or worse?

What were the scorelines like? I'm going to presume a win against Canada & Samoa would be expected even on Medium difficulty as the difference in team ratings would play a major part (if you were playing as Ire or better, then there's probably atleast a 10+ or 15+ diff in team ratings with Samoa & Canada ). The game against Scotland is one that I'd be more concerned about, unless it turns out it was a close game/scoreline (with Scotland, cry-horror-shock, having scored some tries!)

No, the games weren't close, well I beat Scotland by 15 points! Played always as Ireland. Yes maybe your right, cos I am playing as the 4th best team in the game. My plan tonight is to play the higher ranked nations on Medium. Start with England, then France, South Africa, Oz and NZ. I will report the scores of each match on here. I hope I don't beat them all on Medium, cos someone of my standard honestly shouldn't be beating everyone on Medium already, despite playing as Ireland.
There are only 3 listed difficulty levels, as opposed to RC that will have 4!
Forgot to mention that there are only 2 camera angles available; the side cam (from the demo) and the end cam. With end cam you have to options, you can play facing up the whole time, or play offense up. Not sure if this was in previous rugby games, as I didn't play them much.

No, the games weren't close, well I beat Scotland by 15 points! Played always as Ireland. Yes maybe your right, cos I am playing as the 4th best team in the game. My plan tonight is to play the higher ranked nations on Medium. Start with England, then France, South Africa, Oz and NZ. I will report the scores of each match on here. I hope I don't beat them all on Medium, cos someone of my standard honestly shouldn't be beating everyone on Medium already, despite playing as Ireland.
Forgot to mention that there are only 2 camera angles available; the side cam (from the demo) and the end cam. With end cam you have to options, you can play facing up the whole time, or play offense up. Not sure if this was in previous rugby games, as I didn't play them much.

I'm not sure, but I believe that RC will have 5 difficulty levels. :)

seriously how hard can it be to get a license from Georgian Rugby Union... Very Disappointed !!<_<

Hello Mr Quichebuns - I wouldn;t bother with medium. Why don't you play those games on hard and see how you get on? we might as well get an idea what the highest difficulty is like. If thats still too easy then there's a problem. Medium was always too easy on previous games, beginner or not.

Cheers

Hello Mr Quichebuns - I wouldn;t bother with medium. Why don't you play those games on hard and see how you get on? we might as well get an idea what the highest difficulty is like. If thats still too easy then there's a problem. Medium was always too easy on previous games, beginner or not.

Cheers

Would agree with Scotsman here, crank it up to the top difficulty and play a top nation... go for the All Blacks as Ireland and tell us how you fare? If it's too hard, then you can move back down to medium to continue honing your skills.
If you manage a win or come very close to it, then as Scotsman says, we will have a problem.

Let us know how you get on and cheers!

QuicheBuns - Are you able to try the Online Multiplayer/Gameplay?

i went onto the quiche buns xbox profile and you're last recently played game was guitar hero ^^

Call me a sceptic, but all the info he's given could easily have come from other peoples reviews/playtests whatever

Only the pictures keep me open minded on it :p

Call me a sceptic, but all the info he's given could easily have come from other peoples reviews/playtests whatever

Only the pictures keep me open minded on it :p

An they're very blurry at best. He easily could've faked them.

Ahh give over Olly, as you'll see on the forum there'll be a good few people with there hands on a promo copy over the next week and as I said I will provide vids/photo's etc soon! I have 2 live ids (and 2 Xbox's in differant rooms, so thats obviously the other one, although I've never played Guitar Hero, must be Rockband cos played a lot of that. My new ID is QuicheBuns 2, that one will have RWC, although havn't attempted online play yet.
Ok, as per request I will play as Ireland against New Zealand on Hard, jesus you're not an easy bunch, I'II probably be hammered!!

Ahh give over Olly, as you'll see on the forum there'll be a good few people with there hands on a promo copy over the next week and as I said I will provide vids/photo's etc soon! I have 2 live ids (and 2 Xbox's in differant rooms, so thats obviously the other one, although I've never played Guitar Hero, must be Rockband cos played a lot of that. My new ID is QuicheBuns 2, that one will have RWC, although havn't attempted online play yet.
Ok, as per request I will play as Ireland against New Zealand on Hard, jesus you're not an easy bunch, I'II probably be hammered!!

You're a good man Mr QuicheBuns, you'll pull through don;t worry - I have an idea. Why don't you play Ireland V New Zealand on hard and video it for us. Then we can all witness you getting hammered:p

for what it's worth i don't know why you would make it up and have answered every question asked so to be honest it's probably just everyone like me dissapointed you've got the game before we have!

question from me please - when you play on hard tonight, can you let us know if the opposition mix up how they attack when in posession. in rugby 08 it was crash balls only!

x2_7aa8fb6

Ronan O'Gara rated 94 and David Wallace 92 is very generous, if they are that high then imagine how high Sexton should be

also Jamie Heaslip rated 83, he's probably Ireland's best and most consistent forward for 2 years and better than SOB and Wallace for sure

like Cymro said on his review, the rating aren't that realistic

Good question - Also what are the gaps like? Is the bunching any better? How does the AI behave on hard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts