• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Got the game!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those Ireland ratings were f#*king shocking. Sorry to swear, but that ****** me off. Heaslip is waaaaaay better then O'Brien and Wallace and O'Gara is plain ****.

Hi Dan,

This is precisely why we allow you to edit all of the player stats and team ratings in the game. You can rate the players as you see fit.

A.

Hi Dan,

This is precisely why we allow you to edit all of the player stats and team ratings in the game. You can rate the players as you see fit.

A.

surely an accurate representation of the players is what the maker of the game is paid for ...

Those Ireland ratings were f#*king shocking. Sorry to swear, but that ****** me off. Heaslip is waaaaaay better then O'Brien and Wallace and O'Gara is plain ****. Sorry but HB are useless and deep down everyone knows it.

Chill, I'm sure O'Gara had a similar rating in 06/08 but wasn't on par with similar rated players like Robinson and O'Driscol. He could kick far so was good as full back in the Lions Tour, but had such a low running speed that he normally got out paced by wingers when playing NZ and Carter punts from his 22. That also made him useless for running ball back as he wouldn't get very far, if he did make a break he was soon caught and tackled. I soon dropped him but forget who I put in his place. My point is, he was a useless highly rated player, sound familiar ;)

surely an accurate representation of the players is what the maker of the game is paid for ...

Everyone has their own views, I can see it now, "O'Gara" only rated 83, truly shocking he's way better than that!"

Hi Dan,

A.

But an realistically edited team can't be used online :(

Hmmm, not sure about 20 minute halves, but I take your point. I think I was getting better so think I could've scored more and got better defensively. But I would've got hammered alright, maybe 25-80, but thats cos the kicking is hard for me and they nail all of them, so the scores add up quickly!

But an realistically edited team can't be used online :(

Player rankings need to be balanced for gameplay and against all of the other players in the game, not against one person's opinion of the talents of a player in isolation. Ratings of players we ship in our game are at the discretion of our game design team and the parameters we have worked within are that the teams ratings (which are determined by the ratings of the players on the squad) reflect the IRB rankings as of May 2011.

While true that you will only be able to play with edited stats locally, I suspect your prowess in Online matchups as Ireland will have very little to do with how Heaslip is rated in the game.

Hi Dan,

A.

The problem with this concept AJ is that online is unaffected by the users editing.

So if you were inclined to want to play online using the real-life best lineup (and I'm talking about the lineups over the past year here, not just for the first game of the WC) then you would be statistically disadvantaged to another player picking the same team but using the default lineup.
Sure, you can say that its a choice the player makes to pick a statistically lessened team and they're not forced to, if you really want to have the best chance at winning just pick the strongest possible team - but part of the draw of sports games is taking control of your favoured team and its players... as evidenced in the need for licenses, that is, realism!

Now perhaps some of the stats appear falsely inflated due to very specific attributes, e.g. O'Gara is an average rating generally, but his kicking accuracy (just an example!) pushes his overall rating to the inflated heights of 90+

That's all well and good for some examples, but really, can there be any tangible reason or excuse for rating Jamie Heaslip as low as he is? I'd like to find someone that realisticly rates Heaslip as low as he appears on that screenshot, I mean anyone, really?

I do appreciate the player editor and will be making full use of it for my games offline (dropping the speed of props, locks and some loose forwards, decreasing drastically the kicking distance most of them can achieve too).
But the editor should primarily be aimed at enabling the adjustment of atributes to personal preferences and opinions, not as an excuse to dismiss failings in the player research.

Last edited:
Player rankings need to be balanced for gameplay and against all of the other players in the game, not against one person's opinion of the talents of a player in isolation. Ratings of players we ship in our game are at the discretion of our game design team and the parameters we have worked within are that the teams ratings (which are determined by the ratings of the players on the squad) reflect the IRB rankings as of May 2011.

While true that you will only be able to play with edited stats locally, I suspect your prowess in Online matchups as Ireland will have very little to do with how Heaslip is rated in the game.

I think it is widely accepted among regular rugby followers that Heaslip is better than Wallace or O'Brien

I think you and your "game design team" need to watch more rugby

Those Ireland ratings were f#*king shocking. Sorry to swear, but that ****** me off. Heaslip is waaaaaay better then O'Brien and Wallace and O'Gara is plain ****. Sorry but HB are useless and deep down everyone knows it.

That'd be the most successful Irish 10 of all time, owner of 2 heineken cup and one grand slam medal, top points scorer of all time in the 6 nations and heineken cup.

That **** O'Gara is it?

You're clearly a well informed and level headed young man.

Yes the ratings are pretty stupid we get it. One thing I know someone who also got a promo copy and he said Stephen Ferris was well black Quiche can you confirm if this is true.

One thing I know someone who also got a promo copy and he said Stephen Ferris was well black Quiche can you confirm if this is true.
I wouldn't disbelieve that, I think it's called Dan Parks syndrome.

That'd be the most successful Irish 10 of all time, owner of 2 heineken cup and one grand slam medal, top points scorer of all time in the 6 nations and heineken cup.

That **** O'Gara is it?

You're clearly a well informed and level headed young man.

I appreciate the calling of O'Gara as "plain ****" is over the top johnny, but the point does still stand that he has been rated too highly.

Yes, he is the most successful Irish fly-half ever and winner of well deserverd medal, but is he currently, this year, the best Irish fly-half?

As I've said earlier, his kicking accuracy may well have inflated his rating and masked over his other failings, so his rating would not be my biggest fear.

Meh never felt ratings to be that important to me. Remember in 06 Tom Shanklin, who'd been a key part of the Welsh Grandslam in 05 and been playing out of his skin for most of the season, only got a measly rating of 69. Despite this, he was still one of the best centres available to Wales even if others were rated in the 70's and 80's. So what if O'Gara's got a high rating, it probably is just his kicking stats inflating the overall one, and it's very likely that Sexton will be your better choice if you want to play a running game with your no.10.

well i cannot wait to see some of these ratings. SHANE FOR 100 :D :D Along with THE ORANGE ONE for high 90's ;) ;) ;)

well i cannot wait to see some of these ratings. SHANE FOR 100 :D :D Along with THE ORANGE ONE for high 90's ;) ;) ;)

Haha, from what I've heard Shane is in the 90's somewhere. Apparently the in game NZ 10. (aka Carter incognito) is 97 which is apparently the highest in the game, so won't be higher than that. I'm reserving my judgement of Hensons ratings until he plays tomorrow, for all we know he could be bloody useless and cost us the match.

I'II check about the Ferris thing, although I will say that in general the player likenessess are poor!

HB AJ can you confirm that you will update squads via XBL etc?

Right enough of this working and getting on with your life MR Quichebuns - time you put some hard graft into making videos, taking pictures of the game for the TRF :p

Hi Dan,This is precisely why we allow you to edit all of the player stats and team ratings in the game. You can rate the players as you see fit. A.
I think that is a bit unfair for everyone having to spend time changing players stats to make them realistic so then what are we really paying for????????? Good point by one poster saying that the ratings will be te default ones for online.Wally and Seany better than Heaslip???????? That just makes me sick!!!!!! Heaslip should be 90, Seany 85 and Wally 85. Disgraceful about Rog. He's only needed to kick the corners, mainly for this season.

You will never please anyone with ratings, look at FIFA for example their ratings of players are usually out by 5 to 10 points. Companies go for general average for ratings usually.

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts