• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Got the game!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Were HB ****** out of their heads when they were deciding the ratings??????????? From what I can see, they put so much time and effort into layout and features but not the gameplay. Still gonna get it until RC comes then return it

Were HB ****** out of their heads when they were deciding the ratings??????????? From what I can see, they put so much time and effort into layout and features but not the gameplay. Still gonna get it until RC comes then return it

Time and Effort into Layout and Features?

That's...

...debatable.

Pre-ordered both. Undecided at the moment.

What you on about? They have primarily concentrated on Gameplay and not features, otherwise there would be a Franchise mode etc... I don't see the issue with the ratings, in game we can edit the players ratings, its only online where you will be affected and everyone will be in the same boat. I suspect the ratings have come from the Unions for the players.

I don't mean to be rude but i'm sick of people saying "don't worry about the ratings... If you don't like them you can edit them". The same has been said about both ***les and it's such a cop out IMO. These games should come out with accurate stats for players and teams... Now i understand that there is some lenience for personal opinion on what makes a good player/team but as consumers we should be able to buy either game and the stats should be a fair reflection of how good the players are.

What games should do in regards to stats is get the community to do ratings, getting a mix from different countries and pick the average stats for each player/team and then moderate them against each other.

If Ronan O'Gara is 94 then the limit must be around 110 then...

Last edited:
What games should do in regards to stats is get the community to do ratings, getting a mix from different countries and pick the average stats for each player/team and then moderate them against each other.

I totally agree this is the ideal way forward and have said this in a past Q&A. Wasn't in the cards this year.

I totally agree this is the ideal way forward and have said this in a past Q&A. Wasn't in the cards this year.

Ah well... We'll have to wait till next year ;) lol

How have ratings been done for this game? Were experts brought in to evaluate each player or were they done in house?

team ratings were based on the IRB ratings at the time team ratings were being made

I think it should be experts not community that do the ratings, let's face it we all tend to overate our own favourite players, as well as underate those we have seen little of or don't like.

I think it should be experts not community that do the ratings, let's face it we all tend to overate our own favourite players, as well as underate those we have seen little of or don't like.

Yeah, thats why it would be good to get i mix from different countries, that way the ratings would be more spread out... I'm a kiwi and IMO Conrad Smith and BOD are very good players and their overall ratings would be within 1 or 2 of eachother, but a lot of fans from Ireland rate BOD as the greatest player to ever step onto the field, this is where having a good mix of people rating players would work, and of course after that the experts/developers would moderate the ratings anyway

I would suspect that if you have the player license, then you'd probably have to exaggerate the rating a little to please certain 'people'.

Shouldn't we be talking about 'I've got the game' here - right I'll start... WHERE IS ALL THE FEEDBACK MR QUICHBUNS??...or did you just come here to gloat?!! : )

QUICHBUNS / HB AJ - Have you seen the ref give out yellow/red cards during the game? Are there cut scenes of the ref giving the card and giving out warnings to the players? I haven't seen it happen yet and have played the demo a lot!

There will be the opportunity to ask Alastair Questions from Midday today on the forum, see the latest thread in sticky area.

Shouldn't we be talking about 'I've got the game' here - right I'll start... WHERE IS ALL THE FEEDBACK MR QUICHBUNS??...or did you just come here to gloat?!! : )

maybe RWC longevity is shorter than we thought

So How should HB do it in the future???

Liaise with fans? or Unions? etc...

Maybe what they should do is take that players best individual performance and use that as their ratings. Would O'Gara at his very best be comparable with Dan Carter at his very best?

Someone mentioned Smith and O'Driscoll? O'Driscoll at his very best almost incomparable.

If everyone is special. No one is special.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts