• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Got the game!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Carter is only 3 points higher than O'Gara?

Seems well thought out...

I think that is a bit unfair for everyone having to spend time changing players stats to make them realistic so then what are we really paying for?????????

Both rugby games will have some problems like this, users will have to change or edit details in both of them in different teams.

I appreciate the calling of O'Gara as "plain ****" is over the top johnny, but the point does still stand that he has been rated too highly.Yes, he is the most successful Irish fly-half ever and winner of well deserverd medal, but is he currently, this year, the best Irish fly-half?.
In many people's opinions, yes! Certainly will be interesting to see Sextons rating, there are still many many people out there who still think he is one of the top 10s in NH rugby, and personally I am backing him (and Wilkinson actually) to reclaim the 10 jersey! In fairness his high rating would be more about his control of a game and his tactical game, something which is obviously mostly lost when playing as him in a match, more relevant probably playing against Ireland

Haha, from what I've heard Shane is in the 90's somewhere. Apparently the in game NZ 10. (aka Carter incognito) is 97 which is apparently the highest in the game, so won't be higher than that. I'm reserving my judgement of Hensons ratings until he plays tomorrow, for all we know he could be bloody useless and cost us the match.

That'll do me :p :p Pass to the wings and let shane do the rest ;) ;)

To my knowledge I actually remember the TRF Gang saying that Henson is not included in the initial wales squad for the game, so i'm hoping that he gets on that plane to NZ and we see some orangeness grace our screens come squad update :p :p (Time to cross my fingers and hope he plays well today :p)

Haha O'Gara 94.. really guys?
No one in the HB development team was having a squiz at the ratings and thought, hang on a tick, is Ronan O'Gara really 6 points away from perfection? I mean, he cant tackle to save his life, he has no strength, he has no tackle breaking ability or pace any more, but only 6 points away from the maximum?

Reaaally? If online is a selling point, this sort of carry on is a major issue. Theres personal opinion which should move a given players ratings five or so points up or down, but this is ridiculous. If it indicates a trend, it could make the entire game unrealistic and plain off..

The way I looked at it when I played it was:

The stats read like the people who wrote them watched rugby occasionally, but not all the time
As in - The more famous players that you'd expect to be good because they're famous and have been around a while and are in the papers and doing the interviews etc.etc. are rated higher (i.e ROG, John Hayes) then the players who are actually better, but less well known in the grand scheme of things (i.e Mike Ross) have lower scores

It's almost like they got 606 to write the stats :p

Last edited:
So How should HB do it in the future???

Liaise with fans? or Unions? etc...

It's tough because I don't think you'd get everyone agreeing, no matter who did it

I'm not too fussed about the ratings, I don't really mind that ROG is a few pts higher than he should be etc. - It's not going to make a massive impact on the game

Don't know what people are complaining about. AJ explained why the ratings are the way they are. It ensures for fairer online play. So people who want realistic ratings themselves can edit it, seeing as that is purely subjective anyway. While online games will be a fairer contest. At least you wont need to use the All Blacks every single bloody game to get a good rating.

So How should HB do it in the future???

Liaise with fans? or Unions? etc...

I don't think people expect perfect ratings, just more accurate than they are. Would any rugby fan rate O'Gara 94? That's where the problem is.

I think they should mirror what FIFA do and have weekly updates on ratings depending on player performances. I appreciate that this game may not have the size of the budget that FIFA does but after every RWC game they can provide auto-updates via live to update ratings on players depending on how well they have played.

I think they should mirror what FIFA do and have weekly updates on ratings depending on player performances. I appreciate that this game may not have the size of the budget that FIFA does but after every RWC game they can provide auto-updates via live to update ratings on players depending on how well they have played.

Dream on lol.

This game sounds more and more crap every day. Definitely not buying it.
My younger bro played RC for his work, he's the presenter on Small Blacks TV & he said it's awesome!

I played as Ireland at the twickenham shop yesterday after the tour and O'Gara was 94 but Sexton was still 92 so there wasnt much difference. All of Ireland's starting 15 were over 80.

Nice review. I agree the new rucking system is probably the best aspect or improvement made on the game.

In regards to the player ratings, in the demo the English players dramatically over rated. All in all its not a bad game, its not the big step forward I or everyone else hoped it would be but it is a step forward.

Things like the player ratings and other little aspects (i.e. you will only score a try by burning people on the outside rather than exploiting a gap midfield and running lines) to me is a clear indication that the game is made by people who are not really rugby fans and don't understand the game very well. Don't get me wrong HB have done a wicked job but a bit more research into Rugby Union could have worked a charm. But as the op said, hopefully they use the feedback to put right on a future version.

I look forward to picking it up on 26th August.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts