• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Greg Growden: Time to go

G

GoTheTahs

Click here to sign the Bone Greg petition.

In the past few months there has been a lot of good things happening in Australian Rugby, such as the launch of our first national competition the ARC, which has been provided some of the most entertaining rugby I've ever seen. We've also seen a Wallabies victory over the All Blacks and of course the build up to a world cup campaign in which we are looking very strong at third favourite.

So, one would expect some positive press from the Chief Rugby Correspondent at the nations biggest and oldest paper? Not so! Instead we've heard about
  • hypothetical contract terminations from Matt Giteau and Lote Tuqiri, both of which were not checked with the players concerned, and both of which have since been denied by the players and their management
  • rumours of discontent between coaches
  • rumours of discontent between players and management
  • rumours of discontent between players and players (Huxley)
  • alleged financial mismanagement at the Force ad nauseum (does anyone seriously care)
  • "is this the Wallabies' A team? Or merely the Wallabies' A-frame team?" - today's Monday Maul!
The only positive thing to come out from Greg's column in recent memory was after the Wallabies victory over the All Blacks, that story being the quality of the pie cart at the MCG and how NSWRU would have to lift their game.

Enough is enough! His ramblings consistently give opposition teams motivation to step up against the Wallabies, and if the fact that our national coach would refuse to answer questions from him is not enough to realise his time has passed then I don't know what will.

jabbagrowden.gif

Click here to sign the Bone Greg petition.

awww come on, his articles makes for some good reads! particularly for ani wallabies! :bravo:

awww come on, his articles makes for some good reads! particularly for ani wallabies! :bravo:
[/b]
You obviously haven't had to live with his vicious and unfounded attacks, he applies the journalism equivilent of evidence ala Iraq War...

Growden is pathetic. He's basically launched a personal attack on John Connolly. He's a little whiny *****. He's not English is he? I don't think he really has a clue about rugby at all

Latest posts