Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bullitt

Well, it sparked a lively debate, so now should he go in or not? Remember, all no votes need a reason or they are discounted. Voting ends 10/9/06

Personally, I say no. Why?

1. Being the best Ouzie half back has hardly been the most difficult thing during his playing career. A but like how Dwight Yorke is the best sttriker from Trinidad. Eclipsing other **** players doesn't make you the best.

2. I personally never saw him as more than a good player.

I'll leave it at that.

I say No cos I dont think we should be entering players who have not retired from the game...

And also I dont think he has done enough to justify his place yet...

Originally posted by getofmeland@Aug 4 2006, 08:33 AM

And also I dont think he has done enough to justify his place yet...
Yeah, I mean, winning the Super12, the Tri Nations, the Bledisloe cup, the World Cup and beating the lions isn't really all that much I guess... I guess he could have won the international player of the year award a couple more times too ;) .
:rolleyes:

Seriously Gregan is one player who definately deserves a spot. There's very few players that have ever been at the top as long and achieved as much as Gregan. Sure he may have had a couple form lapses (and even then it was more a reflection of our non-existant forwards), but he even still, a form slump for him simply meant he was player 'good' and not exellent. Also, regardless of what else people may say about him, he is probably pound for pound one of the best defenders the game has ever seen! You only need to look at the game in 2000 against the All Blacks where he swung Lomu over the sideline, and it's pretty clear that not many out there can tackle quite like Gregan!

I agree, Gregan should be in... Not just for longevity but like sanzar said he is a great tackler. He was one guy Lomu could never seem to bowl over - despite the size disparity. (although i do remember xavier rush rolling him for a try in the S12 :p

Well currently it is 2 No's as Sanzar and Umosay's Votes dont count as they are not HOFF's... see my pinned post

Originally posted by getofmeland@Aug 4 2006, 05:29 PM
Well currently it is 2 No's as Sanzar and Umosay's Votes dont count as they are not HOFF's... see my pinned post
I do now! Seems to be more English on that thing than any other country has representing them... I personally think there should be 1 member from each of the top 8 Rugby playing sides.

Nada.

He can hardly be inducted when he's still playing at a top level, Jonah Lomu's struggling to get a full game in the Local North Harbour Club Comp while Merhts is in the GP.

That and he is one of the most overated players ever, not even the best from his country - Farr Jones was much better.

Originally posted by sanzar+Aug 5 2006, 07:59 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-getofmeland
@Aug 4 2006, 05:29 PM
I do now! Seems to be more English on that thing than any other country has representing them... I personally think there should be 1 member from each of the top 8 Rugby playing sides. [/b]
That was the list that was decided on, An Tarbh was replaced by Teh Mite... I think it is a fair selection.... but meh what do I know, I can never do anything to please anyone, someone always comes up with an objection...

Originally posted by Ripper@Aug 5 2006, 08:13 AM
Nada.

He can hardly be inducted when he's still playing at a top level, Jonah Lomu's struggling to get a full game in the Local North Harbour Club Comp while Merhts is in the GP.

That and he is one of the most overated players ever, not even the best from his country - Farr Jones was much better.
You trying to say the GP isn't the top level?

Originally posted by Teh Mite+Aug 5 2006, 10:26 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Ripper
@Aug 5 2006, 08:13 AM
Nada.

You trying to say the GP isn't the top level? [/b]
Well it's not... and neither is Super 14, Top 14, NPC etc either. The top level is the international level.

my thoughts are the same as ripper's.

well, the part about nick farr-jones being better.
and the part about him still playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts