• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Grubber kicks

I

Ian

Has anyone managed to work out whether it's possible to dive on a ball that you have grubbered into the goal area? It looks daft when your winger scoops it up before slamming it striaght back down again.

I didn't own a copy of WCR, though I did play it a few times. I seem to recall that in that game, the animation where a player slides onto a ball on the ground (which I have only seen instigated by the AI in WRC 2006) could be executed by a button press. (I may be wrong).

Any idea anyone? Cheers.

Originally posted by Ian@Feb 9 2006, 02:47 PM
Has anyone managed to work out whether it's possible to dive on a ball that you have grubbered into the goal area? It looks daft when your winger scoops it up before slamming it striaght back down again.

I didn't own a copy of WCR, though I did play it a few times. I seem to recall that in that game, the animation where a player slides onto a ball on the ground (which I have only seen instigated by the AI in WRC 2006) could be executed by a button press. (I may be wrong).

Any idea anyone? Cheers.
When I sprint oto a ball in the in-goal area my player seems to dive on it automatically... in fact I have never tried picking up the ball as always seem to be sprinting onto it!

Does'nt seem to pick it up when I have scored from a grubber, just grounds it. Never noticed anything untoward.

Question for Toup and Knowsleyroader - which version are you playing? I'm on PS2 and still can't seem to avoid picking up the ball in the in-goal area, as a result of which I've even had my man run over the dead ball line a couple of times without scoring! Are there perhaps differences between the PS2 and the other 2 versions (wouldn't have thought so)? Or am I just rubbish (more likely). It's starting to rile me just a tad.

Originally posted by Ian@Feb 10 2006, 10:14 PM
Question for Toup and Knowsleyroader - which version are you playing? I'm on PS2 and still can't seem to avoid picking up the ball in the in-goal area, as a result of which I've even had my man run over the dead ball line a couple of times without scoring! Are there perhaps differences between the PS2 and the other 2 versions (wouldn't have thought so)? Or am I just rubbish (more likely). It's starting to rile me just a tad.
Pc Version.

I've got PC and Xbox versions... and never pick the ball up. I tried last night on Xbox, running onto a grubber without sprint and my guy slid straight onto the ball...

I have ps2 version, and haven't seen a player slide or dive onto a loose ball in goal yet, they always seem to stay on their feet ... maybe it is a version thing ... or maybe there are just two of us that are rubbish!!

Ah! A man after my own heart! Looks like we PS2ers have been short changed (again) then. Never mind, it's still a great game. I'll let you know if I ever manage it though - I can be a persistent so-and-so when the mood takes me.

After much perseverance, it appears that your winger can be persuaded to fall on, rather than pick up, a loose ball in goal in the PS2 version. Trouble is, as occurs when contesting the high ball, it only seems to be possible on certain occasions - it seems to happen when the ball is stationary or spinning on the spot, but not when rolling. Sprinting onto it rather than pressing X seems to work better. Ah well, better than nothing, I suppose.