• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

GTA:IV

ok so why did gametrailers make it lose .2 of a point, do they just not give out 10's? same with xbox world 360 what happened to that 2%? :) or did they just use the same scoring system? [/b]

as I have heard it explained on some of the ign wii podcasts it very much depends on the scale used. depending on the scale used a game gets forced into a certain categoery even though it may not deserve that score/mark it will still get it because of the scale used. from what I have heard ign use a 100point type scale and that is one reason why you see them give 7.9s etc because it is easier for them to take off and give points on their scale without a game being forced into a 3/5 or 4/5 score if it doesn't deserve it.

i just wanted to know what they took the points off not the scale they used but fair enough esoj :)

i would take off 1 point for rain in an underground tunnel, thats makes it a 99/100 for me, oh and another 1 point off for the load time to get to multiplayer so 98/100 so far... ill think of other things to take points off but no more at this stage :)

i just wanted to know what they took the points off not the scale they used but fair enough esoj :)

i would take off 1 point for rain in an underground tunnel, thats makes it a 99/100 for me, oh and another 1 point off for the load time to get to multiplayer so 98/100 so far... ill think of other things to take points off but no more at this stage :)
[/b]
So what...that means it's a crap game right?

well i am giving it 100/100
because its not only the best game of all time - its the best story of all time
i feel so into the story the acting is priceless
i laugh at every cut scene
i just got onto the second island - oi this game is MASSIVE
the sniper rifle is brilliant - i wont say much about the 2nd island there is some goodies there i dont wanna spoil
i love online racing!!!
@ 23% but with 15hrs gaming....yes i have a thumping headache and sore eyes - its not healthy, glad i got to work today - the fresh air is rebooting my anticipation to get back and reak russian havoc

anyone done much of the side games? i have had 3 games of bowling and a game of pool, i enjoyed it but it just felt like i should get back into the game. hopefully when the story is finished we can still go do stuff with people, that would make it cool just while we get the last few things to see if we can get 100%

They just showed the game on TV3 news in NZ. They say that it sold more copies than any movie blockbusters have ever done on opening day.

I am off to the video store to take back COD4 but I suspect there will be NO copies left of GTA IV.....but I will look in hope...

As soon as you get enough pingas bro, go buy it, you won't regret it, the multiplayer is pretty cool, the midnight club style racing is all I've tried so far, no lag at all on my hoary speeds. I think once we suss everything out with our connections we'll have a few good game options as far as multi player mayhem goes.

guys I'm having trouble connecting to multiplayer. My NAT is OPEN, but I select a multiplayer option, it pauses, and then says "returning to single player".

any ideas?

It might be down at the moment due to overload problems, it has been up and down since the rest of the world got it so there are a few chinks to iron out.

The only issue I have with the cuts for Australia and NZ is that the perception still seems to be that a video game is allowed to show a girl being beaten up and shot (violence), but won't allow not-overly graphic sex (non-violence).

Thats more a commentary on society in general. I don't miss it from the game at all though. It's not integral to the story or events at all.

However, Kiwis engaging in virtual intercourse with sex workers will not be treated to anything more than a fixed camera angle of a bouncing car. It's certainly not missed - and if it is, it is perhaps a reflection that one should get outside more.[/b]

http://www.stuff.co.nz/4503710a28.html

so no big deal who needs to see that anyway :) [/b]

I do lol!

Well I supose sex is a private matter while violence can be performed in the open. To have sex scenes would put the R rating to 18. Oh.....is the R rating 18?

yes, in new zealand it is. but australia its only 15 or something stupid like that.

they dont have an r18 rating for their games

It was inevitable. I can't wait. I am putting on my pre order as soon as i find one. This game is intended to be played on a PC. Of every other version i have played, the PC one is the better one, and with PC graphics>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Console, it's going to be spectacular.

Rumors are also hitting that Final Fantasy XIII might get a PC release. Oh happy days. Consoles are so "non hardcore"... :p

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Long live PC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!