• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

GTA:IV

oh man a 10 from ign the game is good. they don't give out 10's that often with their last one being for soul calibur from 1998 I think I heard mentioned. I trust Ign a lot for game reviews especially wii stuff they seem to be smart guys and their scale for games imo is a lot better than other sites. skimmed the review you guys getting this in a couple days are in for a treat it seems.

I just saw this on front of the dvdcrave.com.au site lol

Due to a shipping error three of our customers might well have received their copies of GTA4 this morning?.. Please appreciate that this was an error on our part and that DVDCrave is committed to abiding by the official world wide street date of Tuesday the 29th. The release of this game is a huge event, so please hang in there until the 29th as you won?t be disappointed!

From the ign review:

Quote:
For those wanting to know which version looks better, the edge goes to the PS3. The textures and framerate are comparable, but the PS3 has far less pop-in. The 360 has richer colors, but the PS3 has better anti-aliasing making it look a little cleaner. Because GTA IV can preload onto the PS3 hard drive, the in-game loads are faster. Don't worry Xbox owners, the load times are rarely more than 30 seconds and don't occur very often. The slight visual edge goes to PS3, but the 360 is no slouch. Either version will do you proud.

Kind of a mine will be better than yours? Last line kind of sums up the PS3 v Xbox 360 whole deal for me. 3 variables - personal preference, what you want console to do, and what you can afford.

I'm sure this game will be awesome even when it comes out on a DS lol. Only shame is that we can't play each other cross consoles, now how cool would that be Xbox 360 v PS3 v Wii v (insert another console variant) v PC players...

I read on another forum that possibly up to a gig of the game is cut from our version.

To dobrien7: No, not a "mine will be better than yours". If you took the quote that way, it says more about what your worried about than I. I have never played a GTA all the way through and have no stake in it. If you think it's me trying to say the PS3 is better, then remember I've been the lone PS3 owner on forum for a long time and have had no need to sell the PS3 via slagging Xbox 360. Facts being kept straight is a good thing.

The info above seems to indicate a minute difference in graphical quality and load times. Not exactly a boastful claim.

Staff here shouldn't be stirring each other. I can bet already there's some "misunderstanding" in what you meant.

I should bloody well hope the made the PS3 version better... They delayed the release long enough to get it working on the damn thing!

Lack of the unnecessary smileys, tongues winks and nods there I'm afraid...

Just tired of the X v P ordeal, they are both good, and it's just up to the points noted as to which you would purchase imo. You're quite rightly sticking up for your choice, and make it seem a worthy acquisition.

Agree with Teh, it should be better.

Gig difference, wonder what that entails?

as for up to a gig missing on the aussie version i wouldnt think that would be the case. probably a cut scene or two. wouldnt think it would be much more than that.

Lack of the unnecessary smileys, tongues winks and nods there I'm afraid...

Just tired of the X v P ordeal, they are both good, and it's just up to the points noted as to which you would purchase imo. You're quite rightly sticking up for your choice, and make it seem a worthy acquisition.

Agree with Teh, it should be better.

Gig difference, wonder what that entails? [/b]

I usually go for fast reply myself, so also miss out on the necessary smilies, tongues, winks and nods there too, I'm afraid. :p

Tired of the X vs P ordeal? Well, frankly one way or another it's an issue for those who may buy a console with this game. Simply put, if this doesn't apply to your situation, please don't feel offended that I'm trying to keep undecided console purchasers informed. :D I'm sure this one ***le will only be a factor and not the major decision maker for these people.

I'm not sticking up for my choice of console, just posting facts. In point of fact, the PS3 has a 5 minute install time which the Xbox 360 doesn't. So, GTA IV won't waste much of the Xbox 360 hdd. Thats a good thing for the Xbox 360. Along with it's richer colours and first availability of exclusive DLC. :D

Agree with Teh? It should be better? He's commenting on speculation. There is equal speculation that the game was also delayed due to the restrictions of how much content can be put onto a dvd as opposed to Blu Ray. Mind you, I'll call mine speculation, he'll call his fact. :D

Once and for all, each version has it's merits. No-one is getting short-changed with a ***le like this.

Agree with Teh? It should be better? He's commenting on speculation. There is equal speculation that the game was also delayed due to the restrictions of how much content can be put onto a dvd as opposed to Blu Ray. Mind you, I'll call mine speculation, he'll call his fact. :D [/b]

I'd best back it up then! ;)

http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,135510-c...es/article.html

http://www.gamepro.com/news.cfm?article_id=116728

http://www.ddj.com/hpc-high-performance-computing/197801624

Now, cast your mind back to the Saturn v PS1. The PS1 was a piece of **** to develop on, yet the Saturn was a HELLUVA lot more powerful. Sadly however, developing games for the Saturn was like nailing a kitten to a wall... Very possible, but one would rather not.

12 years on developers have got themselves a problem... The PS3 brand name will sell machines alone for anyone who wants to play "OMG-GT5: TEH R33L DRIVINK STIMULAORZ!!!!11!!!ONE", but developers know that it's such a pig to programme for, the slightest hint of a dropped line in code will cause Sony black bohemouth to sprout legs and run home back to Professor Frink. Mwa-hey, bwa-hai.

The PS3 is a [blink]POTENTALLY[/blink] a better system then the XBOX, but the development kit is such a pup that it'll constantly cause delays in top releases.

All this pap about DVDs being too small is idiotic hearsey - Anyone who even wants to suggest that 8.75 GIG for a single game is too small is a raging communist.

Funny, initial post was a wonder why you posted that comment, which you've stated was to inform the uninformed, ok fair enough. I must say a PS3 bundle with GTA4 would be an awesome incentive to buy one.

"Either version (PS3 or X360) will do you proud." I agree as above (what i was saying).

"3 variables in purchase of a console - personal preference / what you want console to do / and what you can afford" Some people are Sony Playstation suporters / do you want free online gaming with a media center / different prices. Should maybe have fleshed out instead of being brief.

I realise some will take this as an unnecessary post, but this was going nowhere in a hurry. Plus I'm just cranky it's being played around the world before street date, and not by me... yet.

So, polish off your rocket launcher, it's 24 hours away now :D

<div class='quotemain'>
Agree with Teh? It should be better? He's commenting on speculation. There is equal speculation that the game was also delayed due to the restrictions of how much content can be put onto a dvd as opposed to Blu Ray. Mind you, I'll call mine speculation, he'll call his fact. :D [/b]

I'd best back it up then! ;)

http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,135510-c...es/article.html

http://www.gamepro.com/news.cfm?article_id=116728

http://www.ddj.com/hpc-high-performance-computing/197801624

Now, cast your mind back to the Saturn v PS1. The PS1 was a piece of **** to develop on, yet the Saturn was a HELLUVA lot more powerful. Sadly however, developing games for the Saturn was like nailing a kitten to a wall... Very possible, but one would rather not.

12 years on developers have got themselves a problem... The PS3 brand name will sell machines alone for anyone who wants to play "OMG-GT5: TEH R33L DRIVINK STIMULAORZ!!!!11!!!ONE", but developers know that it's such a pig to programme for, the slightest hint of a dropped line in code will cause Sony black bohemouth to sprout legs and run home back to Professor Frink. Mwa-hey, bwa-hai.

The PS3 is a [blink]POTENTALLY[/blink] a better system then the XBOX, but the development kit is such a pup that it'll constantly cause delays in top releases.

All this pap about DVDs being too small is idiotic hearsey - Anyone who even wants to suggest that 8.75 GIG for a single game is too small is a raging communist. [/b][/quote]

I liked how many of your sources were olllld news, developers are far more to grips with the PS3 now and will continue to develop amazing things from here on out. Here's some new stuff for you.

http://ps3.kombo.com/article.php?artid=6694

Well it didn't get delayed last week now, did it?!? When the hell else am I going to get the news story about the reasons for the delay?

True, I'll agree there. Your sources were hardly going to come from Saturdays paper :p

GTA IV is supposed to be the best video-game that there has been in the last ten years. There's a new cover system, better graphics of course and Liberty city (Looks like New York) is absolutely massive with awesome scenery. Can't wait. Will need to pre-order so it doesn't sell out.

I am so looking forward to this, this time tomorrow i will have it, be sitting in my office with hundreds of computer terminals doing didly squat and its going to be a hell of a frustrating day til i have to wait til 2pm before i decide i have had enough and go home.

Put it in my system load it up, wait for 10 minutes to install to the hard drive and watch the opening sequence and play it for all its worth.

though i might just get the game, go home "work from home til lunch" (read play GTA hard out til lunch), head to work for a few hours, read the manual while sitting at my desk, then go home and play more GTA.

i think the second option will be what i will do :)

every game on ps3 should look better now
i am getting this in 14 hours!!!
cannot wait
midnight release baby - no work tomoz - time to dominate the city

i am reading comments like - best game i have eve rplayed, best game of all time from reviews

and found this
1UP.com: A+
Empire: 5/5
Eurogamer: 10/10
GameInformer: 10/10
GameSpy: 5/5
GamesRadar (360): 10/10
GamesRadar (PS3): 10/10
IGN UK: 10/10
IGN US: 10/10
LEVEL: 10/10
OPM UK: 10/10