• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Guiness Premiership Weekly Result Round Up

Originally posted by Teh Mite@Sep 18 2005, 09:52 AM
I'll say one thing for Maybank; He's a briliant Centre...Who saw the tackle he put in on Lamont at the end of the first half?

f***ing c***.
That would have been funny, if it hadn't been happening to the team I supported.

I think Maybank occasionally got confused what sport he was refereeing. American Football seemed to be high on his list, especially when the Falcons hooker took out a player off the ball, and carried Matt Burke through a tackle almost simultaneously.

Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby+Sep 18 2005, 10:29 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SaintsFan_Webby @ Sep 18 2005, 10:29 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Teh Mite
@Sep 18 2005, 09:52 AM
I'll say one thing for Maybank; He's a briliant Centre...Who saw the tackle he put in on Lamont at the end of the first half?

f***ing c***.
That would have been funny, if it hadn't been happening to the team I supported.

I think Maybank occasionally got confused what sport he was refereeing. American Football seemed to be high on his list, especially when the Falcons hooker took out a player off the ball, and carried Matt Burke through a tackle almost simultaneously. [/b]
Gridiron did seem to be his sport; #He never noticed any knock-on's from both us and The Falcons.

is anyone still checking out that highlight website i mentioned, www.sportal.com? they keep listing the new games available but they never show up when i click to view them. just wondering if anyone else was having problems...

Originally posted by lamas@Sep 24 2005, 01:42 PM
is anyone still checking out that highlight website i mentioned, www.sportal.com? they keep listing the new games available but they never show up when i click to view them. just wondering if anyone else was having problems...
it still works 4 me

Good number of tries, mostly quite close matches, no thrashings.

Disappointed with Bristol, should have won the match but are too ill-disciplined.
What did you think of Saints and the sin-binnings at Kingsholm?

I havent seen any rugby this weekend, so cant comment, whens the best highlight show on.... As I would like to watch them, cos its seems an action packed week...

So what do you all think of this thread, shall i try to keep it up all season....
Is there any stats you would like to know???

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Disappointed with Bristol, should have won the match but are too ill-disciplined.
What did you think of Saints and the sin-binnings at Kingsholm?[/b]

I thought it was a great match despite the score. But, the backs played well and half of the cards where not deserved. Well in my opinion anyway. I think we should of won but, it was great to see the match played in a totally exciting style of play.

Originally posted by harrison2468@Sep 26 2005, 09:46 AM
What did you think of Saints and the sin-binnings at Kingsholm?
Saints were much the stronger side during the first half; The frowards were almost as strong (before Hartleys dismissal) while the backs had Gloucester run ragged.

The disallowed penalty try was a joke and swung the entire game in Glassdoors favour.

Hartly was lucky not to land himself with a red card and a 6 month ban. As were Smith and Richmond.

Thompson was only sent to the bin because the ref got card happy; How the hell is making a one-on-one tackle collapsing a maul?

Reihana is a *** for taking the 3 points when Saints got a penalty from 5m out on 73 minuetes.

Simpson-Daniel is still over-rated.

Andy Vilk should be at outside centre instead of John Clarke.

Carlos Spencer is still God.

Cohen look like he has the fire back in his belly.

Lamont is getting worse by the game; Paul Diggin should replace him.

Gloucester fans are mostly arseholes.

Yeah, it seems cards are being brought out a lot more this season. New disciplinary system an all.

Now, I don't like critcising refs too much, but from what I heard, Roy Maybank's performance at the Majdeski left a lot to be desired. I mean, that yellow card reversal shows it all. Also, he got knocked over by a player for his poor positional play on the pitch.

It's a shame you didn't win, but to come away from the Shed with points is also a bonus. Teh Mite, you should do a TRF article on the match! Great depth!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Saints were much the stronger side during the first half; The frowards were almost as strong (before Hartleys dismissal) while the backs had Gloucester run ragged.

The disallowed penalty try was a joke and swung the entire game in Glassdoors favour.

Hartly was lucky not to land himself with a red card and a 6 month ban. As were Smith and Richmond.

Thompson was only sent to the bin because the ref got card happy; How the hell is making a one-on-one tackle collapsing a maul?

Reihana is a *** for taking the 3 points when Saints got a penalty from 5m out on 73 minuetes.

Simpson-Daniel is still over-rated.

Andy Vilk should be at outside centre instead of John Clarke.

Carlos Spencer is still God.

Cohen look like he has the fire back in his belly.

Lamont is getting worse by the game; Paul Diggin should replace him.

Gloucester fans are mostly arseholes.[/b]

I agree but, I still think Lamont is playing well, maybe better on Satdee than before. and Wally got binned for killing ball when he had no chance in hell of rolling out of a tackle in his situation.

<

Just got back from Saints - Irish, a last second conversion of Cohen's try by Reihana bringing a win in stoppage time, 25-23.

We gifted Irish 14 points, and deserved to win overall I think. Despite referee Chris White doing his best to hand Irish the victory with some shocking decisions in the second half.

Spencer was useless today, hopefully that is his one bad game out of the way. Quinlan, Clarke and Brucie all played well, while Harding and Fox stood out up front.

We still need to improve drastically though.

Just got back from watching the Bath V Gloucester game on Sky. First of all, hats off to the Bath kit man for managing to find adequate shorts for the Bath pack, as they've clearly all got cajones the size of grapefruits. It was a simply awesome performance. For a 7 man pack to dominate a previously undefeated team is an unbelievable effort. It begs the question why Andy Beattie, Steve Borthwick, Duncan Bell and even David Barnes aren't seemingly in England contention.

No qualms at all with Higgins' red card. Either of his cautions could arguably been straight out reds.

_40913242_tindall_get_270.jpg

Why Bory was sin-binned for Frikkie Welsh killing the ball is a puzzler though.

Barkley looked like he was cracking until slotting that 50m penalty to win it. It was amazing that he carried on. Hopefully he didn't do himself too much damage. His tackle on Hazell in the first half was a sure fire try-saver (as was Cheeseman's on Narraway).

Chris Malone is now the undisputed Peugeot Estate Massive Boot Winner. A 55m drop goal in a game like that almost makes up for the **** hair and total lack of pace.

It was heroic. For once I don't care that we didn't score a try. To only play 25 mins with 15 men (at one time being down to 13) and winning like that is phenomenal.

Gloucester's hoodoo at the Rec continues then...

That "tackle" on Tindall looks very dodgy, will he get a suspension for it.

Also, I once said that J.White would never change his ways, and it looks so. The guy MUSN'T play for England, he is a liablity.

I suspect Higgins will have to attend a hearing at some point in the near future. Judging by the ban given to Nicky Little as part of the RFU's zero tolerance, he could spend the next few weeks in the stands.

I don't know if he'll get back in to the team, with Cheeseman and Davis impressing, Bory and Welsh fit, and Crockett, Best, Maddock and Stephenson (finally) not far off comebacks.

Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby@Oct 16 2005, 04:50 AM
<

Just got back from Saints - Irish, a last second conversion of Cohen's try by Reihana bringing a win in stoppage time, 25-23.

We gifted Irish 14 points, and deserved to win overall I think. Despite referee Chris White doing his best to hand Irish the victory with some shocking decisions in the second half.

Spencer was useless today, hopefully that is his one bad game out of the way. Quinlan, Clarke and Brucie all played well, while Harding and Fox stood out up front.

We still need to improve drastically though.
Arted up some more pics as I can't sleep

post-11-1129502393.jpg

post-11-1129502341.jpg

post-11-1129502180.jpg

Unlucky Bristol, happy with the bonus and a try scored.

Congrats to the Warriors though who beat Leicester.

Latest posts