• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Guiness Premiership Weekly Result Round Up

I just heard, sounds like it was a good game. And the last I heard Bristol was it, who has beating Wasps?

Scratch that, fridays scores are the following:

Wuss 15 - Tiggers 11

Pests 21 - Bristol 16

Ummmm, interesting.

My Grandad who went 2 the Wasps game said Bristol gave it everything they had but in the end we weren't good enougth.I am still happy with the bonus point.The game we have got 2 win is against leeds next week if we get 5-4 points from that i reckon that the players will realise that we can stay up.

COME ON BRIS LETS BEAT leeds!

Originally posted by Cusker@Nov 5 2005, 08:35 AM
My Grandad who went 2 the Wasps game said Bristol gave it everything they had but in the end we weren't good enougth.I am still happy with the bonus point.The game we have got 2 win is against leeds next week if we get 5-4 points from that i reckon that the players will realise that we can stay up.

COME ON BRIS LETS BEAT leeds!
Definitely, I just hope Leeds lose as Sale's team is much weaker because of internationals.

Bristol lost it down to two pieces of brilliance from potential England players - Rees and Voyce. Wasps may have been missing players, but they are still one of the best teams in England and Europe and have good squad depth. It's just those 4points last night would have been amazing!
<

Bristol should stamp on leeds the same way Mark Robinson stamps on Regans face.

BUT! what the hell are you saying;

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Wasps may have been missing players, but they are still one of the best teams in England and Europe[/b]

Have you never heard of Tolouse?

Thats why he said "one of" not THE.

Come on you saints, I'm predicting a win against Sarries even though I don't think its possible if you only play for the last 20 minutes.

Originally posted by Teh Mite@Nov 5 2005, 08:48 AM
Bristol should stamp on leeds the same way Mark Robinson stamps on Regans face.
<
Get over it whinger!

BUT! what the hell are you saying;

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
Wasps may have been missing players, but they are still one of the best teams in England and Europe[/b]

Have you never heard of Tolouse?[/b][/quote]

Toulouse, Stade Francais, Wasps, Leciester, = Best teams in Europe.

Don't milk it...
<

If there is a law for...

Stamping

Then...there should be a law for....

Milking It

Honestly though, we are not aiming critiscm at you, only at Mark Regan for what he did at a Leeds game last season.

I'm sure you are aware of that...
<

Well, just for instance, say Parks were to get into a fight with Regan, just for instance, and maybe he were to, say, unload a barage of punched on Regand nose, breaking it, than to maybe, I dunno, say, get banned for the season, and maybe Bristol were to wallop Leeds by 30 points, life wouldn't be so bad...
<

Courtesy of Sky Sports

Guinness Premiership, Sixways, Friday November 4

Five first-half penalties by Worcester's Shane Drahm were enough to inflict a first league defeat of the season on Leicester as the Warriors moved up into fourth spot in the table.

The hosts deserved their win though they had to endure a nervy finish in front of a capacity crowd at Sixways.

Despite starting the better last season's Premiership survivors fell behind to a Ross Broadfoot penalty in just the third minute before Drahm levelled matters three minutes later after a pacy break by the impressive Nicolas Le Roux and the Australian soon made it 6-3 with a second successful kick.

Flanker Will Skinner grabbed the only try of the game after 16 minutes following a decisive break by Alesana Tuilagi but the conversion was wide of the posts leaving Worcester just two points in arrears.

Drahm, who moved from Northampton in the summer, was again on the mark midway through the first half before the game really swung in the Warriors' favour.

England's Ben Kay was shown the yellow card for an off-the-ball challenge on fellow lock Craig Gillies and the hosts took full advantage with two more three-pointers before the break to lead 15-8.

Six minutes into the second period James Hamilton was also shown the yellow card for pulling down as the Tigers failed to make an impression.

Anthony Eddy's side continued to dominate with the pack, minus skipper Pat Sanderson, in superb form while Drahm pushed the Tigers back with a fine display of kicking.

The lead was reduced to just four points after 69 minutes when England discard Andy Goode, who was brought on in the 50th minute, landed a penalty to set up a thrilling finale after good work by Austin Healey.

But the Warriors, inspired by Tony Windo, held on for their first Premiership victory over their opponents.[/b]

Originally posted by Teh Mite@Nov 5 2005, 10:23 AM
Well, just for instance, say Parks were to get into a fight with Regan, just for instance, and maybe he were to, say, unload a barage of punched on Regand nose, breaking it, than to maybe, I dunno, say, get banned for the season, and maybe Bristol were to wallop Leeds by 30 points, life wouldn't be so bad...
<
I'm sure Regan wouldn't mind if we were to win
<

Northampton 13 - Wasps 21.

Don't believe any reports you hear about Wasps deserving to win this game, there was only one team who tried to play rugby, and it wasn't the men in yellow and black.

Some appalling refereeing, somehow failing to spot blatent infringements, and too cowardly to send the eventual scorer of Wasps decisive try off, for two yellow card offenses.

Some of our finishing was bad, but we weren't allowed to play by a Wasps pack intent on killing the ball, and a clueless ref.

Spencer was brilliant today, tryed everything in his box of tricks, and was unlucky on more than one occasion.

Also, if you get the chance to watch Rhodri Davies' try then do, it's a special one from the youngster.

All in all I was gutted after todays game, Wasps deserved nothing yet came away with all the points. If ever the phrase 'winning ugly' was appropriate, it would be here.

I agree, I was very pleased with the performance.

Digger was very unlucky not to score a try, we watched all the end-goal area tricks in the first half and, should of had more points.

It is a step-up and we should carry on.

Come on You Saints.

Friday 11th November 2005
Newcastle Falcons 20-23 London Irish
Sale Sharks 24-13 Worcester Warriors

Saturday 12th November 2005
Northampton Saints 13-21 London Wasps
Leicester Tigers 25-20 Gloucester Rugby

Sunday 13th November 2005
Bath Rugby 12-12 Saracens
Bristol Rugby 32-6 Leeds Tykes

1 Sale Sharks 7 27
2 London Wasps 7 24
3 Leicester Tigers 7 23
4 Gloucester Rugby 7 21
5 London Irish 7 20
6 Worcester Warriors 7 18
7 Saracens 7 18
8 Bristol Rugby 7 14
9 Bath Rugby 7 12
10 Northampton Saints 7 11
11 Newcastle Falcons 7 10
12 Leeds Tykes 7 2

Bath got more than I expected against Sarries, considering they were pretty much full strength and we were down Mears, Stevens, Barks, Grewco, Borthers and Finau through internationals. Martyn Wood had neck surgery on Saturday to correct an unstable joint after a trampolining accident, and Nick Walshe was forced off after Cobus Visagie stamped on his knee, leaving Bath with Andy Williams as our only SH (and he's apparently in the Welsh squad).

Do Bath ever field a side without many disruptions through injury?
<

Leeds unless they improve will get relegated. Huge win for Bris, which I'm delighted with and Lemi is a god.

Sounds like Leeds are in trouble. At least we won 2 games with max points and topped the table before plummeting to the bottom....
<

Originally posted by Boy+Nov 14 2005, 10:08 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Boy @ Nov 14 2005, 10:08 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-harrison2468
@Nov 15 2005, 06:46 AM
Do Bath ever field a side without many disruptions through injury?
<
No. No, we do not. [/b]
What is it though? Bad luck, or just signing guys who are injury prone?

Probably a mix of things; Wood's is a freak injury, that can only be put down to bad luck. One thing Catt said after he left was that he was overtreated for injuries, which would explain why ****ling problems go on and on (and with Fleck, end his career). The physical preparation is meant to be really different this year, though.

Signing Stephenson with a broken leg doesn't help, but the deal was finalised before his injury, it just wasn't signed.

Latest posts