16. Bryan Byrne
17. Jack McGrath
18. Marty Moore
19. Hayden Triggs
20. Dan Leavy
21. Luke McGrath
22. Johnny Sexton
23. Ben Te'o

That backline...centres might be a bit lightweight defensively but their attacking potential is brilliant. I like that they're bringing in Kelleher for his first start with two incredibly experienced guys in the backthree. Hopefully the halfbacks get the platform they need to allow the backs to flourish.

The Scarlets aren't playing their full strength side with no VDM or Lee, but still they're unbeaten for a reason.

15 Aled Thomas, 14 Tom Williams, 13 Gareth Owen, 12 Hadleigh Parkes, 11 Michael Tagicakibau, 10 Dan Jones, 9 Gareth Davies, 1 Rob Evans, 2 Emyr Phillips, 3 Peter Edwards, 4 Jake Ball, 5 Lewis Rawlins, 6 Aaron Shingler, 7 James Davies, 8 John Barclay [c]

Replacements: Ken Owens, Dylan Evans, Will Taylor, Tom Price, Maselino Paulino, Aled Davies, Michael Collins, Harry Robinson

I must say that centre partnership looks delightful. I must say I had doubts about Cullen due to his inexperience and fact he was a tough nut forward not a skills guy. But himself and Dempsey deserve great credit. He's playing a good brand, really using his squad and looks like he's getting that something extra out of guys.

Regan King would have been quite excited to go up against that centre partnership, and it would have been good experience for them to play against one of the best around. No VDM or King for the Scarlets, lucky Leinster!

Connacht 15 - 9: Robbie Henshaw, Tiernan O'Halloran, Bundee Aki, Craig Ronaldson, Matt Healy, Jack Carty, John Cooney

1 - 8: Denis Buckley, Dave Heffernan, Nathan White, Ultan Dillane, Andrew Browne, John Muldoon (captain), Nepia Fox-Matamua, Eoin McKeon

Replacements: Tom McCartney, Finlay Bealham, Rodney Ah You, Aly Muldowney, Eoghan Masterson, Kieran Marmion, AJ MacGinty, Darragh Leader

Henshaw at 15 for Connacht. A bonus point win would likely have them top!

Last edited:
So refreshing to see Leinster backing youth and playing a wider brand of rugby. So far so good for Cullen and Dempsey, but the true challenges lie ahead no need to get too excited.

The game was there for the taking for Scarlets. Thought they were far more dangerous than Leinster with ball in hand, but they're penalty count, and handling errors in the second half allowed Leinster to keep the scoreboard ticking over.

Leinster certainly upped it in the second half, with the Scarlets clearly hanging on towards the end of the third quarter. Good rally at the end to come close to nicking it, but another handling error scuppered that.

Thought Rob Evans and Gareth Davies had great games. Rob Evans started to fade in the third quarter though, with the scarlets scrum coming under pressure as a result. Everything revolved around Davies at scrum half with his snappy service, sniping around the fringes, and excellent box kicking. He's obviously full of confidence after the WC.

Clean ball a big problem for Leinster last night, discipline lost it for Scarlets, thought Leinster missed McCarthy

I've come to the conclusion that Van der Heever is fast strong and athletic but not particularly good. Idiotic yellow card early on and then some headless chicken defensive positioning and a missed tackle in the build up to that try.

just watched my second game of the weekend and in both games the ref has came form the same country as the away side. I thought the pro 12 went for a neutral ref apart from when both sides were from the same country?

Well we got lucky in some ways a crazy finish but importantly a win

Cardiff v Glasgow was a great game of rugby, Edinburgh v Munster was pretty awful. Munster have a strong lineout so kicking for touch is a good tactic, but 80 minutes of it was tough viewing.

James Cronin was a huge positive. Came on with the game in the balance and won several scrum penalties against the previously dominant Edinburgh scrum, made several huge tackles which stopped Edinburgh gaining momentum, and made some big carries. What a player :bravo:

I've come to the conclusion that Van der Heever is fast strong and athletic but not particularly good. Idiotic yellow card early on and then some headless chicken defensive positioning and a missed tackle in the build up to that try.

That is pretty accurate. He scored a great try last week, but he generally doesn't perform. I hope Amorisino is available for next week, would expect our back 3 to he Zebo Conway and Amorisino.

Thought Zebo could have done better in build up to that try also.

Really enjoyed the Leinster V Scarlets game, as frustrating as it was if you are welsh!

Good to see Cardiff looking bit stronger now the internationals are back. Still a fair way from competing from anything, but what I liked was the forwards put in a good shift against a settled and winning pack. Still some huge issues with the attacking powers of the Cardiff backline for me. I'd like to see Cardiff sign a decent inside centre to pair up with Lee-Lo, as with Tom James and Cuthbert looking sharp, it'd be nice to bring them into the game a bit more. Well done to Glasgow though, played the conditions very well.