• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

H Cup Semi Final: ASM Clermont v Munster

Yes, he actually exposes how deluded he is in them, just like that post-Lions 2009 one. Also remember that post Australia win one when he said he was going to retire ended up being a complete lie, sadly for Ireland fans, but hilarious for everyone who faces him.

Will Munster be able to go a whole match with Clermont hiding ROG? Will be interesting. Fofana was handing off stronger players than ROG last week. Nalaga is a weakness going back though, a bit like Cuthbert in some aspects is Nalaga.

Will be interesting if we see any of this ...

Munster have prevented his defence being exposed quite well for about 14 years now so I reckon they can do it on Saturday. I suspect that he'll attempt to expose Sivivatu's fielding throughout the match and hope that PO'C can rule the line out.

I don't think there is anything wrong with backing yourself as a professional sportsman, better to fall short of trying to be the best rather than accept being average. With 9 semi-finals under his belt I suspect he'll perform.
Yes ROG lost money in property dealings and investments.
He wanted to retire from Ireland but was refused by IRFU as he was needed. The rules with any Irish contracted player is you must be available for Ireland and its part of BODs issue now. He can't retire and just play with Leinster and when that's the case players are caught in a columndrum as they can't go abroad for a year unless they sacrifice alot of tax money

I reckon he'll stick around if/when Schmidt takes over Ireland.

Munster have coped well in Clermont before with ROG at 10 just think Duck is digging too much like he posts things of ROG been steam rolled but as was already said it as common as having scrum in a game.
Cmac I agree he'll stick around as (BOD that is) my point just been that in Ireland you technically can't retire from country while continuing to play with club

Munster have prevented his defence being exposed quite well for about 14 years now so I reckon they can do it on Saturday. I suspect that he'll attempt to expose Sivivatu's fielding throughout the match and hope that PO'C can rule the line out.

I don't think there is anything wrong with backing yourself as a professional sportsman, better to fall short of trying to be the best rather than accept being average. With 9 semi-finals under his belt I suspect he'll perform.

I reckon he'll stick around if/when Schmidt takes over Ireland.
My thoughts exactly, our back row has always protected him although it must be said, No Wallace no party. A gif lasting 3 seconds really doesn't prove **** as far as I'm concerned. Yes O'Gara's a poor defender, that was news 15 years ago. It ****** me off how many conversations have to turn into the old hack "O'Gara is a useless shithead" conversation, it's been talked to death at this stage. We know what he can do and what he can't. I think this game will be all about how our pack function. If you look at it really we have a strong pack, with a set of backs that haven't had a performance worthy of beating Clermont. Our pack needs to suffocate them and as Cmac said, hit them early. I think the match against Quins was won by our ferocity in the first few minutes, it just showed on guys like Ryan, Sherry and O'Connell's faces before kick off. I'm glad we're been written off. That seems to really fire the team up (and I am going to be an unbearable **** if we win). I have no doubt we can do this. We need the best performance of the season though, and a bit of luck. Injuries aren't an excuse this time.

My thoughts exactly, our back row has always protected him although it must be said, No Wallace no party. A gif lasting 3 seconds really doesn't prove **** as far as I'm concerned. Yes O'Gara's a poor defender, that was news 15 years ago. It ****** me off how many conversations have to turn into the old hack "O'Gara is a useless shithead" conversation, it's been talked to death at this stage. We know what he can do and what he can't. I think this game will be all about how our pack function. If you look at it really we have a strong pack, with a set of backs that haven't had a performance worthy of beating Clermont. Our pack needs to suffocate them and as Cmac said, hit them early. I think the match against Quins was won by our ferocity in the first few minutes, it just showed on guys like Ryan, Sherry and O'Connell's faces before kick off. I'm glad we're been written off. That seems to really fire the team up (and I am going to be an unbearable **** if we win). I have no doubt we can do this. We need the best performance of the season though, and a bit of luck. Injuries aren't an excuse this time.
Agreed 100%

According to a troll on boards it was won by PO'C's intense coin starting ability.

Last edited:
According to a troll on boards it was one by PO'C's intense coin starting ability.
You mean coin flipping before the match for kick off?
Because if I was a coin and POC said I was going to land on heads, I would land on heads, lest I ever be given as change for a fiver in a shop, and lo and behold, it's POC buying milk and he has a score to settle with me.

You mean coin flipping before the match for kick off?
Because if I was a coin and POC said I was going to land on heads, I would land on heads, lest I ever be given as change for a fiver in a shop, and lo and behold, it's POC buying milk and he has a score to settle with me.

Yeah apparently he just intimadated the **** outta Robshaw and he probably went back to the dressing rooms saying "Yeah guys....it's just not happening today." That's a direct quote.

Just to add in Munster have won home dressing room and we will be in red and have elected Clermont to wear away jersey.

No, Sivivatu has no problem fielding and is on immense form and is very dangerous. Better to kick to Nalaga who isn't the greatest going backwards, or Byrne who'll just kick it back.

With 9 semi-finals under his belt I suspect he'll perform.

Did you "suspect he'll perform" on the Lions tour? Any of them?

I have no doubt we can do this.

I do.

Just to add in Munster have won home dressing room and we will be in red and have elected Clermont to wear away jersey.

What? Munster play in red, and Clermont play their European matches in a white Heineken Cup kit, whilst their traditional home jersey is yellow. So what an earth have Munster got to do with choosing Clermont's jersey? They don't clash!

No, Sivivatu has no problem fielding and is on immense form and is very dangerous. Better to kick to Nalaga who isn't the greatest going backwards, or Byrne who'll just kick it back.

I do.

What? Munster play in red, and Clermont play their European matches in a white Heineken Cup kit, whilst their traditional home jersey is yellow. So what an earth have Munster got to do with choosing Clermont's jersey? They don't clash!
I don't

Hmm, a lot being made of ROG on this thread. As you all know, I'm not his biggest fan. But putting aside any personal reasons, here's why I'd go with Keatley for this one:

Firstly, Rog is a weak tackler as has been mentioned on here. While it has been argued that Muster have been able to compensate for this in the past, it came at a rather heavy price. In my opinion the performances of David Wallace were seriously curtailed by having to essentially babysit the 10 channel. Unfortunately for Munster, they don't have a player of Wallace's standard at the moment, nor a back row that can really compete while essentially operating with 2 and a half men at the break down. Their pack isn't going to be stronger than Clermont's. If they want to match them there they need to be able to go in hell for leather. Keatley is a far more capable defender and shouldn't require the same amount of attention from his own pack.

Secondly, it's been mentioned that ROG will be able to kick in behind the Clermont back three all day. Having watched a bit of him over the past two seasons it's become clear that he's lost a lot of range in his tactical kicking. I wouldn't say he has it in him to consistently kick in behind a back three these days. Even if that were the case, they could easily just adjust by pushing back a bit, and in any case kicking to the Clermont back three consistently is certainly not a tactic I'd look to pursue if I were in charge of Munster.

Finally, out of all the outhalves at Munster currently, Rog seems to be the one most out of touch with the sort of gameplan they're looking to put into practice. It's clear that they're trying to play a more expansive game than in the past, however as Rog can offer no running threat and sitting far too far back the opposition defenders can rush up on the centres meaning the ball can't go out wide. With Keatley and Hanrahan both more willing to attack the gain line the Clermont defense will have a lot more to think about than should Munste play Rog.

Fin.

I do.

TV decided and Munster won toss. Don't know what story is but at moment we in red they in whiite

Vosloo as well as Rougerie out.............Vosloo has been superb this season and his loss definitely weakens the back row of ASM.......................!

My bet looks nicer now :p
Tony should I pack shorts or wetsuit? Weather reports saying rain will be bad there

Vosloo as well as Rougerie out.............Vosloo has been superb this season and his loss definitely weakens the back row of ASM.......................!

They managed fine without Vosloo in the pool stages and beat the best side in Europe twice without him. So I shouldn't think that is too catastrophic to their chances of beating about the 12th best side in Europe.

Regan King is better than Rougerie who plays just because he is the iconic captain of the team and has been at the club since age 7, King is better.

The biggest concern for them is at #10. Surprisingly their back up to Brock James isn't that amazing, David Skrela was a waste of money and hasn't been too effective despite them signing him to be first choice last season until James regained his place.

Munster: Jones Earls Laulala Downey Zebo ROG Murray Coughlan TOD POM POC Ryan Botha Sherry Killer. Varley WDP Ryan Holland Butler Sheridan Keatley Murphy/Hurley

Just for future reference by the way know the facts the "home team" which Munster have won the toss to be get to decide them if there is any hint of clash. So thats "what on earth" it'd have to do but it ok didn't expect you to know much ;)

@BG8 it'll probably be the biggest test for either at this level and Zebo really has a chance to show just where he ranks

Latest posts