• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Happy Meals to go Digitial?

R

RC

Link

"Like they needed another reason to go to McDonalds, kids may be bothering their parents even more to hit the greasy fast-food chain if a recent patent application actually comes to fruition. The patent would involve both Disney and McDonalds and reveals plans to release a portable player that would feed kids bits and pieces of programming every time they came back to eat. Like in a Happy Meal, lets’ say. So you buy three Happy Meals and you get a full installment of a certain game, music album or movie. Forget the Star Wars action figure, this baby’s going digital. All McDonalds needs is WiFi (coming soon…) and the actual hardware to make this scheme a reality. The patent suggests the product will have a memory card slot, and allow you to swap content with other devices, including your PC. Maybe they should also include coupons for a treadmill as well."

I know it's an old article, but hell things could go this way!

Great image accompanying the article though: -

too-many-happy-meals-thumb.jpg

Then it's just a matter of freking time.

Personally, i just wanted an excuse to show the picture of that fat kid.
:lol:

Tragedy is ironically funnier than comedy.

Tell you what, say what you will about them, that is an absolutely fricking brilliant way to get people to come back and spend their money. Absolutely foolproof.

am i the only one who notice the word boner in the bottom left of that pic

RC you bad bad man

am i the only one who notice the word boner in the bottom left of that pic

RC you bad bad man [/b]

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Under B for Boners, Matt? ;)

I have a cousin who works (or used to work, not sure) at McDonalds, and apparantly, the contract with Disney has been broken. I don't think he meant about this sort of things, more like the actual toy figures and whatnot. I don't know if that means globally, but I'm guessing it does, I can't imaging the local McDo and Disney offices deciding on such a thing.

Meaning, I'll be able to tell my kids later that I stopped having Happy Meals at the age of 20, because that's when the gifts got crappy.

About the fat kid picture (and now that we're on the happy meal topic anyway), do they put carrots in Happy Meals around the world, or just Belgium?
Here you get fries, carrots, a burger/cheeseburger/chickennuggets, a drink (coke, diet coke, fanta, sprite, water, water with strawberry taste, icetea, orange juice), a dessert (cookies, a yoghurt drink that's supposed to help kids immune system, or a fruit bag, containing 5 slices of apple, and five grapes)

In Australia, the McDonalds are becoming very hi-tech and more "user-friendly".

The one where i live has no less than 4 Plasma screens, half the restaurant has leather couches and cushions, and the staff wear designer shirts. Also theres the WiFi which has been in for a couple of years and instead of everyone ordering at the counter, an employee comes around with a palm computer and takes your order so its ready when you get to the counter and all you need to do is pay.

Yea I've got the same thing where i study. The school canteens. Except the designer apparel and leather sofas. We just have cheap plastic chairs and stifling hot weather

The one where i live has no less than 4 Plasma screens, half the restaurant has leather couches and cushions, and the staff wear designer shirts. Also theres the WiFi which has been in for a couple of years and instead of everyone ordering at the counter, an employee comes around with a palm computer and takes your order so its ready when you get to the counter and all you need to do is pay.
[/b]
Bullshit! Are you serious?

RC, what the hell? Boners.com? You're not to far off from Chutneyferret.com

Didn't know that thing had a name :|

They look a bit old to be him, maybe his offspring, the result of a wild night with some clueless girl, who did not realise there was a reason he could afford such a great ride, looking the way he does.

Didn't know that thing had a name :|[/b]
The child or the Michelin Man...because of course the child has a name...he's a child, not an object of internet ridicule!

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]
Bullshit! Are you serious? [/b][/quote]
Yeah mate.

The franchisee of each McDonalds has a choice of how the store is furbished. It just so happens the choices range from shitty plastics everywhere up to plush leather and plasmas, and the franchisee here went the whole way.

<div class='quotemain'> <div class='quotemain'>

[/b]
Bullshit! Are you serious? [/b][/quote]
Yeah mate.

The franchisee of each McDonalds has a choice of how the store is furbished. It just so happens the choices range from shitty plastics everywhere up to plush leather and plasmas, and the franchisee here went the whole way.
[/b][/quote]
We only get shitty plastics over here :( Stupid Perth...but I suppose I don't go to Maccas anyway so, who cares!

But seriously though, anyone who's unhappy with their local Macdonalds then it really does serve them right for going there in the first place.

Latest posts