• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

HB STUDIOS Q&A vol. 3

Don't get me wrong I win by fair share of games, but I still find it risible. Add Chelsea to that list, too. My Bayern machine is well equipped to deal with such menaces.

I'm a Man Utd fan, but play with Tottenham. Guess its only because my "man-crush" Mr Bale plays for them :p but yes i feel that if RWC2001 has the same "differences" in team skill level, there will be a lot of non Kiwi's playing as the all blacks ;)
I'll stick with Wales, and do what we do in real life, pass pass pass pass pass = touchline. Pass, pass, pass, pass, Run Shane Run! :p

When will the final rosters be selected? I imagine, like FIFA ***les theres a cut-off date where the teams' sides are chosen and input. It would be interesting to know when the final rosters for the game will be input.

Im sorry but they sound incredibly lazy....from the sounds of it they are making the exact same game as 08, just to make a quick buck on the back of the world cup. I mean manager mode isnt that hard to do!! If they were serious about rugby games they would release it every year. The gameplay better be unreal because they claim to have spent so much effort at that...even though they said the passing is staying the same, therefore=same game as 08

well done HB, there is no longevity to this game and will die out like the rest of them. Although good to see online gaming...the very least they could do, seeing as how popular that is these days.

Im sorry but they sound incredibly lazy....from the sounds of it they are making the exact same game as 08, just to make a quick buck on the back of the world cup. I mean manager mode isnt that hard to do!! If they were serious about rugby games they would release it every year. The gameplay better be unreal because they claim to have spent so much effort at that...even though they said the passing is staying the same, therefore=same game as 08

well done HB, there is no longevity to this game and will die out like the rest of them. Although good to see online gaming...the very least they could do, seeing as how popular that is these days.

Fancy giving them a wad of cash then to support the development of the game?

Its often posts like this that drive me to smashing my head against a brick wall. Written the game off before its even appeared. Even more whats annoying is the 'If they were serious about rugby games they would release it every year.' line ... people like the above have no clue about the financial constraints a game company has to go through especially when someone like EA are not funding the project.

First off let me just say I wrote that out of frustration, so maybe its a bit harsh

Really?
How do you know?
I'd imagine it's pretty hard to do

Well they had a manager type mode in previous games, why can't they do it now? Its obviously pretty hard to do but they had it before so I can't see why they can't do it again. I mean games are meant to build on previous ***les, not take away.

They haven't said there's no World League,
Admittedly it looks unlikely as they haven't said if there'll be any clubs in there yet, but they haven't announced any game modes other than WC so who knows :)

The way I look at the new game is a reboot rather than the next in the series - technology has moved on so much since the last one (e.g PS3 and 360 instead of PC and PS2 etc.) it's not like they can just take the old game and tweak it, it'll be a complete new rebuild

Fancy giving them a wad of cash then to support the development of the game?

Its often posts like this that drive me to smashing my head against a brick wall. Written the game off before its even appeared. Even more whats annoying is the 'If they were serious about rugby games they would release it every year.' line ... people like the above have no clue about the financial constraints a game company has to go through especially when someone like EA are not funding the project.

Ok I was frustrated when writing this so I was a bit harsh.

Obviously they have financial constraints, Rugby isn't as big as football etc so obviously they dont have the same budget as FIFA etc. My point was that they had a manger mode in the last few ***les....why isn't it there now? Where is the off-line re-playability going to come from? You need to add to the game ***les not take away. from the Q&A it sounds like they havent done much to the passing gameplay...so what have they done?

I do admit that saying that they should release a rugby ***le every year was stupid, I understand they have to coincide releases with the world cup in order to maximize profit. I was taking out my frustration out that there really should be a manager mode...that would make the game last longer to tie us over until the next game in four years time. If they do it every four years, they have to have re-playability

That said I will still buy and play it. Im glad and grateful they are making a game. Its just disappointing that they could have done more....and attracted morepeople to the game in doing so....gotta spend money to make money you know

When having a conversation with Alastair a few weeks ago, he expanded slightly on previous updated and told me the passing mechanic will "feel familiar but a lot more advanced". A lot of focus has apparently been put into the breakdown aspects also.

Until we're given a look we can only speculate as to what extent that goes though.

They haven't said there's no World League,
Admittedly it looks unlikely as they haven't said if there'll be any clubs in there yet, but they haven't announced any game modes other than WC so who knows :)

The way I look at the new game is a reboot rather than the next in the series - technology has moved on so much since the last one (e.g PS3 and 360 instead of PC and PS2 etc.) it's not like they can just take the old game and tweak it, it'll be a complete new rebuild

To be honest it looks like its going to be a world cup game. That said I have to say that if they do improve the gameplay of passing, breakdowns and have some sort of national career (where you take part in 6 nations and organize tours and make squad selections etc) along with all the teams being fully licensed...I would be over the moon with that. I just dont want the game to be a flop.

I do think you are right though. As long as it looks good and plays well, we will all be happy :)

All I want to see is something from the game. A few screen shots, trailer abit of gameplay maybe just something!
The game is due out in less than four months time and there seems to have been little or no ad campaign or hype built up about the game what so ever, some shops and websites haven't even listed that the game is coming out!

Like kohls03 has said in the post above I really hope they put all of the things he has mentioned in the game, I cant see it happening, but that would be epic!

As long as you can do everything that you could do in rugby 08 (tri-nations, primierships super 15 etc) and the graphics and animations are better then I would be happy with it but my concern is that they are just doing a world cup mode.

I want to play as clubs and go through league seasons with a club not just play a few games and win the world cup!
If its just a world cup mode then I will be (and I'm sure many others) very disapointed with the game.

Fifa made a world cup game for the one just gone and i bet the sales on that were gash because no one wants to just keep playing with international teams! especially when the basic fifa games let you make world cups any way!

Please sort it out HB Studios me and many other rugby fans all over the world are looking forward to this game we all need and deserve it for having to what 3+ years for another rugby game.

And can you get some screen shots and gameplay out in circulation as well for **** sake I wanna what the game looks like!

I'm sure they will be very disappointing if you hate the game, they might even shed a tear on the way to the bank.

Nobody deserves anything!

Have patience, there will be stuff out soon
As you said, you've been waiting for 3+ years, what's an extra month or two?

I must be in the minority that seeing images and the such doesn't interest me, I'd rather just wait and play the game than moan about lack of trailers :p

Nobody deserves anything!

Have patience, there will be stuff out soon
As you said, you've been waiting for 3+ years, what's an extra month or two?

I must be in the minority that seeing images and the such doesn't interest me, I'd rather just wait and play the game than moan about lack of trailers :p

^ this.

Latest posts