• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

HB STUDIOS Q&A vol. 3

Cool no reason to ban me

i even made up with luc\ky nr 7 .

She isn't that bad once you accept her for what she is.

Kom nou Tersia...kom ons praat rugby...as ons snaaks wil wees kan ons na 'n comedy night toe gaan.
English-come now Tersia...let's talk Rugby...if we wanna be funny we can go to a comedy night. (Save u guys time 4 translation...won't speak Afrikaans here no more)

Last edited:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO a ban !!!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE DONT THIS IS MY LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HHAHAHAAH idiot grow up
ive been banned before, as easy as pie to open a new account.

Well if you've been banned before, it was for a reason. IP BANHAMMER, Hooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Some people really should learn to keep their gobs shut.

Well if you've been banned before, it was for a reason. IP BANHAMMER, Hooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Some people really should learn to keep their gobs shut.

1230136450.1230136452.jpg.%5Broflposters.com%5D.myspace.jpg

when it published an image of the game? anybody know? or some new information on the game

Great comment. Personally Id be happy with an updated 2008 - updated players, slightly tweaked gameplay. Give the guys a base to work from for the future. My PS2 has all but crapped out and Rugby 2008 is pretty scratched up now from over-use so just keen to smash my mates a rugby game that plays realistically.

A few thoughts:
1) Kicking:
I think kicking should be done mostly with the right analog in this way. You push it down and it opens up and angle of possible kicking direction (depending on players stats and his position and kicking feet), than u push up and depending on the angle your kick will vary in lenght and directions. this way it is skilled bases and it gives a certain error to the kicking. The longer u keep it down the more power u gaing. kicking was way too easy in previuos rugby game. Drop goals same way but maybe using R3 and all the other kicks could be mapped in the right analog (pretty much like NHL games)

2) Strategy for each situation depending on off-def and position on the field to be selcted easily in game (madden like)

3) make all the static moments of the game meangful, right now they are just like garbage

This my 2 cents.

i didn't like what i read so far, basically we get rugby 08 for the ps3. I am not buying that kinda game.

at least you could have fun with goal and drop kicking?
Also, I think the goal kicking system they use is bang on
(just set it to elite mode) and its perfcectly accurate
I think the r3 kicking system from madden isn't a good refelction on how accurate kickers are
Also, kickers dont always have a certain error, probably more like they hardly ever have a certain error??

Yeah, the kicking is fine in the game. the thing that bothers me is the forwards around the ruck. if you don't commit them in the ruck than thy stand around and do nothing. also the line-outs in the opp 22 is crap. 9 out of 10 you'll lose it. and if the game is the same but then with better graphics, even then i'll be screeming for this game!!

Yeah, the kicking is fine in the game. the thing that bothers me is the forwards around the ruck. if you don't commit them in the ruck than thy stand around and do nothing. also the line-outs in the opp 22 is crap. 9 out of 10 you'll lose it. and if the game is the same but then with better graphics, even then i'll be screeming for this game!!

Yes, the rucks were odd at best. most players would bulk at the back of the ruck, animations overlapping, etc. Player positioning was a huge problem in rugby 06/08.
Also, the AI had only 2 axis of movement, you can see that when you run away with the ball, the parallel opponents don't run to tackle you at a meeting point, they would bulk in the back with the other bunch and...yes, player positioning was a real problem.

Latest posts