• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

HEC 1/4 final

Irish v Perp.... does it metter

Winner will be from Glous v Munster or Toulouse v Blues.

I think its going to be all home wins in the quater finals. Irish will beat a Perpignan side short on confidence away. Glos will be back on the hard grounds they love and edge Munster. Sarries are looking stronger all the time to take down Ospreys. Finally Toulouse are now favourites to win the ***le and should have little difficulty over coming Cardiff .

I think its going to be all home wins in the quater finals. Irish will beat a Perpignan side short on confidence away. Glos will be back on the hard grounds they love and edge Munster. Sarries are looking stronger all the time to take down Ospreys. Finally Toulouse are now favourites to win the ***le and should have little difficulty over coming Cardiff .
[/b]

Home sides are definitely the favourites but the order of most likely away wins imo are:

1: Perpignan: i don't think they have shown what they are capable of.

2. Munster: Never write them off. they have the best record of the away sides

3. Ospreys: capable of good wins, but lack big match success in Europe and Sarries are growing in stature

4. Cardiff: no offence to the blues, but Toulouse are always going to be big favourites at home.

Most teams are new to HC quarter finals and alot will rest on how well they deal with pressure. All 8 teams are quality sides, but the only sides i can't see folding are Munster and Toulouse. The others are too new to the HEC knockouts to perform reliably.

I'm quite new to rugby, so I have a question about the quater finals rules: is it like in football, which there are two games, in each teams home or is just one game? thanks in advance.

Munster have a tough game but if they pull it off I expect to see them in the final!

Latest posts