• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Hec 2005/2006

D

DonBilly

Here are the clubs that qualified for the 2006 H-cup:

England : London Wasps, Leicester, Sale, Bath, Saracens, Leeds
France : Biarritz, Bourgoin, Stade Français, Stade Toulousain, Castres, Clermont Auvergne, Perpignan
Ireland : Munster, Leinster, Ulster
Italy : Calvisano, Trévise
Scotland : Glasgow, Edimbourg
Wales : Neath-Swansea Ospreys, Newport Gwent Dragons, Llanelli, Cardiff.

And here are the groups:

1. Munster, Castres Olympique, Sale Sharks, Newport Gwent Dragons

2. Calvisano, Perpignan, Leeds Tykes, Cardiff Blues

3. Ospreys, Stade Francais, Leicester Tigers, Clermont Auvergne

4. Biarritz Olympique, Saracens, Ulster, Benetton Treviso

5. Glasgow, Bourgoin, Bath, Leinster

6. London Wasps, Toulouse, Llanelli Scarlets, Edinburgh

i know, i think cardiff blues could have chance, they can beat calvisano and leeds, and could on there day beat perpignan.
group 1 munster
group 2 blues
group 3 really is too close to call, but i think the ospreys will suprise a few people.
group 4 biarritz
group 5 leinster
group 6 tolouse

best runners up scarlets, and whoever finnishes second in group 3

Cardiff couldn't beat an egg, Leeds or Perpingan will take group 2, although it is a very poor draw. Pools 3 and 6 should, in theory, produce the best games, with lots of Anglo-French confrontations.

cardiff are improving and they have signed rush from auckland and promising scrum half mike phillips from the scarlets.

Originally posted by loratadine@Jun 15 2005, 10:31 AM
cardiff are improving and they have signed rush from auckland and promising scrum half mike phillips from the scarlets.
They were lucky to get into the competition at all, I don't see them doing anything special.

Originally posted by Symclaw@Jun 15 2005, 12:54 PM
Scarlets, runner up? My heart says yes, but how good are wasps.
Certainly better than Llanelli. We beat them home and away in last season's competition, and look where we finished in the league.
<

I god damn well know you did, you son of a pig. A lot of new signings for next season though. Hope they "gel".

Originally posted by Symclaw@Jun 15 2005, 03:48 PM
A lot of new signings for next season though. Hope they "gel".
For who, Scarlets or Saints? Or both for that matter?

Scherbrina(spelling?) has gone 2 Cardiff from Saints because of overseas players

not too bad draw for saracens and some good away trips so couldnt wish for much more, hopefully we can beat trevisso and ulster and maybe just maybe if we put a good enough performance in beat biarritz in the home leg
<
!!

Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby@Jun 16 2005, 03:00 AM
yea, both. But i am a scarlets fan, when did Northampton turn into Real Madrid?

Originally posted by Symclaw+Jun 15 2005, 06:12 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Symclaw @ Jun 15 2005, 06:12 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-SaintsFan_Webby
@Jun 16 2005, 03:00 AM
yea, both. But i am a scarlets fan, when did Northampton turn into Real Madrid? [/b]
Never been to Franklins Bernabeau?
<

We haven't go that many big name players really. Reihana, Spencer and Thompson are the only world renouned names in our squad.

Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby+Jun 16 2005, 06:30 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SaintsFan_Webby @ Jun 16 2005, 06:30 AM)</div>
Originally posted by Symclaw@Jun 15 2005, 06:12 PM

<

We haven't go that many big name players really. Reihana, Spencer and Thompson are the only world renouned names in our squad. [/b]
Cohen... Tom Smith...

Originally posted by Teh Mite+Jun 15 2005, 07:54 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ Jun 15 2005, 07:54 PM)</div>
Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby@Jun 16 2005, 06:30 AM
Originally posted by Symclaw@Jun 15 2005, 06:12 PM

<

We haven't go that many big name players really. Reihana, Spencer and Thompson are the only world renouned names in our squad.
Cohen... Tom Smith... [/b]
Cohen's on **** form, and Smith is coming towards the end of his career. Those are the three really big names currently at their peak.

Ok then real madrid, maybe a bit of an over statement. But that's all i'm hearin is, Saints sign, blah blah blah.

Blah blah blah, hell of a player!

Certainly a sense of déjà vu, bit of a dissappointment not to get a different draw but we should still qualify even if we do get more of a test from Bourgoin.

Originally posted by Symclaw@Jun 16 2005, 10:46 AM
But that's all i'm hearin is, Saints sign, blah blah blah.
Being fair, we are losing about half of our squad. If we didn't make new signings we'd be more screwed than we were last season.
<

Latest posts