• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

HEC: Munster - Northampton Saints (12-11-2011)

Lads just hope regardless of being a fan of Munster, Saint or a neutral that it was a classic and well I agree with GG's comment that yesterday and all weekend starting with the Quins Connacht game that the Heineken Cup is the best competition for excitement, passion and entertainment.

It makes the world cup look **** ;) I love Heineken cup weekends!!!

Why should a scrum be penalised for going backwards? It is absolutly stupid that people think it should be it's not illegal. Once they start collapsing or other **** the nyes penalise it but penalising a scrum for going backwards is like penalising a winger who isn't fast enough.

I think, in essence, that's exactly what should happen. There are laws about boring in and binding properly, which the referee should look out for, but in general yes. If a scrum is going backwards then the only way it can stop going backwards is to drop it. Or the front row is forced to stand up under the pressure and the scrum crumples. Or they wheel it. There is no reason whatsoever for a prop going forward to slip his binding/ fall on his face/ stand up, purely because he's quite happy driving the other team backwards. So the weaker scrum then has the choice - either continue to push and maybe get driven back 10m, or drop the scrum and concede a penalty. EXACTLY the same as a maul.

This needs to be realised, because Irish teams in particular have been getting away with being shite scrummagers for years.

But otherwise that is the price you pay for being **** at scrummaging,

btw in the 1st nh try there was as well a questionable pass.

Latest posts