• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

HEC: Munster - Northampton Saints (12-11-2011)

TRF_Ezequiel

Kanko Krazy!!!
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Netherlands
Club or Nation
Sharks
Heineken%20Cup.png

Thomond Park, Limerick (12-11-2011, 18:00)

Munster.png
Versus%20H-Cup.png
Northampton.png

[TABLE="class: grid"]
[TR][TD] Munster [/TD][TD] [/TD][TD] Northampton [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] [/TD][TD] 15 [/TD][TD] [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] [/TD][TD] 14 [/TD][TD] [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] [/TD][TD] 13 [/TD][TD] [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] [/TD][TD] 12 [/TD][TD] [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] [/TD][TD] 11 [/TD][TD] [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] [/TD][TD] 10 [/TD][TD] [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] [/TD][TD] 9 [/TD][TD] [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] [/TD][TD] 8 [/TD][TD] [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] [/TD][TD] 7 [/TD][TD] [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] [/TD][TD] 6 [/TD][TD] [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] [/TD][TD] 5 [/TD][TD] [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] [/TD][TD] 4 [/TD][TD] [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] [/TD][TD] 3 [/TD][TD] [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] [/TD][TD] 2 [/TD][TD] [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] [/TD][TD] 1 [/TD][TD] [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] [/TD][TD] [/TD][TD] [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] [/TD][TD] 16 [/TD][TD] [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] [/TD][TD] 17 [/TD][TD] [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] [/TD][TD] 18 [/TD][TD] [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] [/TD][TD] 19 [/TD][TD] [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] [/TD][TD] 20 [/TD][TD] [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] [/TD][TD] 21 [/TD][TD] [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] [/TD][TD] 22 [/TD][TD] [/TD][/TR]
[TR][TD] [/TD][TD] 23 [/TD][TD] [/TD][/TR]
[/TABLE]

Munster:
J Murphy;
D Howlett, D Barnes, L Mafi, D Hurley;
R O'Gara, C Murray;
W du Preez, D Varley, BJ Botha;
D Ryan, P O'Connell capt;
P O'Mahony, N Ronan, J Coughlan.

Replacements. D Fogarty, J Ryan, J Hayes, D O'Callaghan, D Leamy, T O'Leary, I Keatley, W Chambers.

O'Callaghan, Chambers and Leamy replaced by Peter O'Mahony, Danny Barnes and James Coughlan.

NORTHAMPTON SAINTS TEAM TO PLAY MUNSTER
15 Ben FODEN
14 Chris ASHTON
13 Jon CLARKE
12 James DOWNEY
11 Vasily ARTEMYEV
10 Ryan LAMB
9 Lee DICKSON
1 Soane TONGA'UIHA
2 Dylan HARTLEY (capt)
3 Brian MUJATI
4 Courtney LAWES
5 Mark SORENSON
6 Calum CLARK
7 Tom WOOD
8 Roger WILSON

Replacements
16 Mike HAYWOOD
17 Alex WALLER
18 Paul DORAN JONES
19 Samu MANOA
20 Phil DOWSON
21 Martin ROBERTS
22 Stephen MYLER
23 George PISI

Predictable squad is predictable.

Tom May should feel cheesed off.

We've picked on form and well hope we can have a hunger like we haven't had in a while.

By the look of the teams, Saints by 10

Will be interesting to see how this goes now that Munster have a pretty good scrum going
Lamb definitely the right choice at 10
Surprised at Pisi > May, May has played well so far and Pisi has only just come into the squad

Is Paul 'he's short, he's round, he bounces on the ground' Diggin injured, or has Artemyev just leap frogged him? Definitely been playing well enough

I reckon Munster by 8

Is Paul 'he's short, he's round, he bounces on the ground' Diggin injured, or has Artemyev just leap frogged him? Definitely been playing well enough

Played (and scored) in the Welford Road demolition job last week. The Russian is pretty unmovable at present.

The Munster team selection is exactly why I rate Tony McGahan so highly. Take last season for example. He dropped underperforming players and gave Danny Barnes, Felix Jones and Conor Murray their chance. Jones and Murray in particular took the opportunity when it came their way. Now he's following suit and has dropped the underperforming Donncha O'Callaghan and Denis Leamy, each of whom went to the World Cup. Peter O'Mahoney in particular is set for a long stay in the Munster and before too long, the Ireland team.

Is John Ryan any good? I've never seen him play before. I read a interview with some ex-Munster player (think it was Alan Quinlan) who was glowing in his praise for Ryan's potential.

A little biased but I think this may be the best game out of the first round, I'm going to go for the Saints by less than 7 but it should be very close. Pretty much the Saints team I would expect.

Of course Saints will win it... I've had to cancel my trip to Ireland and won't be there. That'll be sods law.

Of course Saints will win it... I've had to cancel my trip to Ireland and won't be there. That'll be sods law.

Tell me about it, I am getting dragged out by the Mrs so will miss the game, much more of this and Im going to be single :D

Its a stronger Munster team than last seasons HEC team. Last seasons was poor compared to previous years though.

Barnes is an improvement on Tuitupou
O'Mahony improvement on Quinlan
Don Ryan improvement on DOC
Botha improvement on Hayes/Buckley
Murray improvement on TOL/Stringer

I'd like to see Keatley replace ROG. He offers something different althought he is a little inconsistent.

David Wallace, Earls, Felix Jones, Sherry and Flannery all would have started this game with Wallace and Flannery/Sherry being the biggest loss. Varley is very shakey at lineout throwing.

With Lamb playing and Downey outside him do you think those selections contradict each other? In other words if Lamb is there to spread it wide, would it be better to have a more creative center?

Lads why do people reckon Munster will loose by 8-10 as is doing rounds in a big way.
Having seen them train and play this isn't a shock.

-Front row picked itself and well is more than capable of competing with any frontrow and our scrum is a different best this year.
-D. Ryan at lock isn't a surprise, anyone who follows Munster alot will know DOC can give us a fine last 20 if needed but Ryan has been in superb form and well I'd say this (if form comes in to Irish set up) will be a move that occurs in green too. Ryan really is a big factor of why our scrum has improved also.
- The backrow was ok against Leinster but Leamy isn't in superb form and well is prone to a yellow and we know we need 15 tomorrow, but let's not forget last week we only got that boost of bite and energy when O'Mahony came on and well he played like he did when RWC lads were away and I've no worries about him.

Backs are picking themselves, no worries about Hurley as he is good enough and well Barnes has fought hard the last 18 months to earn a jersey and done nothing to loose it so deserved his spot and last weekend showed that when replacing Earls.

It's simple, we know we have to pick the form guys and go back to the old Munster as Axel has put the 'basic rugby' back in Munster and our pack look that bit more physical and ready.
We know Saints are good and we do respect them but we know if we stand toe-to-toe with them we are capable of beating them.

The Munster team selection is exactly why I rate Tony McGahan so highly. Take last season for example. He dropped underperforming players and gave Danny Barnes, Felix Jones and Conor Murray their chance. Jones and Murray in particular took the opportunity when it came their way. Now he's following suit and has dropped the underperforming Donncha O'Callaghan and Denis Leamy, each of whom went to the World Cup. Peter O'Mahoney in particular is set for a long stay in the Munster and before too long, the Ireland team.

Is John Ryan any good? I've never seen him play before. I read a interview with some ex-Munster player (think it was Alan Quinlan) who was glowing in his praise for Ryan's potential.

Great prospect and will benefit with games but unfortunately with Horan's ankle still like a balloon he is propelled on to bench instead of getting experience in B&I Cup tonight but still won't let us down if called upon.

Lads why do people reckon Munster will loose by 8-10 as is doing rounds in a big way.
Having seen them train and play this isn't a shock.
Eh? I do not understand your English. Man-on-man Saints look stronger, especially in the back-line. We all know it is difficult to win in Thomand; I for one hope Munster win, but wouldn't be surprised to see Saints win by 5+

A very good selection from what available. McGahan is the right coach to rebuild Munster as he is giving players opportunities. Unfortunately Ronan is not to standard and I would have rather seen O'Donnell or Leamy playing. I would love to see Keatley get some game time even at 12 in the Pro 12 to see how things work out. I think he would make a great inside centre. With Jones back at 15, Earls on the wing, Wallace back at 7 that would be a very strong team.

Latest posts