• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Edinburgh v Munster: Heineken Cup Quarter Final

Unless O'Mahoney cheap-shots his way into Man of the Match again, I see Edinburgh winning... sorry, couldn't resist lol

Huge numbers traveling. Mise freisin.

Going to be a massive ask. Any word on Joey the messiah muff?

Excellent.

I'm quietly confident. If we've a reasonable fit team we'll just about get there. I think not being hyped to the heavens and having more than a few players with points to prove after 6N is a blessing

Start badly tho and it'll be a long day

Excellent.

I'm quietly confident. If we've a reasonable fit team we'll just about get there. I think not being hyped to the heavens and having more than a few players with points to prove after 6N is a blessing

Start badly tho and it'll be a long day
Lads will know there is no place for complacency. The Edinburgh team with Cockers coaching is a dangerous prospect. They beat Toulon and ran Montpellier close in France. That says enough

"They are Munster. We are Edinburgh. This is the 18th time they have been in the knockout stages. This is the third for us. That means they are better than us."
Cockers is a ******* pulling the classic Munster "it's a privilege to be on the pitch with them move". In another life, we could have been friends.
Most media are saying we're slight underdogs, personally I think we should win it. That said we haven't played a decent game of rugby in a while now and our internationals are coming off foul form while their guys are in top form. Edinburgh have the back row and quality to suffocate us if we give them soft position and lose the territory battle. They're patient and well drilled even if we in theory have better players in many positions. It will come down to how Carbery plays. We've looked aimless in the last few games in our backs and it's because our tens were not attacking the line at all.

Yeah I want Munster to win but I would also take enjoyment out of "Joey Munster" having a stinker and losing, still fair sickened about this whole thing.

I am loving the new Edinburgh back row of Barclay, Mata and Watson. Seems like the ideal balance of skillset, tactical nouse and physicality.

Well we are deserved underdogs. And Cockers is a top top coach. They deserve to be here after dismantling 2 top French teams.

@The Alpha Bro Joey Munster has proven the path was the correct one. We know it has been a success when he arrived and felt loved straight away but even more so when2 of Leinster's biggest ever knobs "Neil Francis and Ger Gilroy" get fussed over it all.

Gilroy showed his top class levels of journalism yesterday on it all. Leinster would never ever take a Munster player in roles reversed.
When asked where Sean Cronin, Mike Ross, Trevor Hogan, Stephen Keogh, Ian Nagle, Brian O'Meara etc were from.... That was different.
What was worst is even other Leinster tinted journalist were basically saying "you're alone on this argument".

But back on game. The backrow clash will be phenomenal and up front we will be tested as that front row is very good. Love him or loathe him Cockers is a fabulous coach who lost his way at Tigers just simply by being there too long. A break suited him and he is proving his credentials as a coach up north of the border.

@Groundhog agree we were clueless at times but Tyler looked back on form and caused a huge momentum shift Saturday.

My biggger worry from watching trainings is 9 more than 10

Well we are deserved underdogs. And Cockers is a top top coach. They deserve to be here after dismantling 2 top French teams.

@The Alpha Bro Joey Munster has proven the path was the correct one. We know it has been a success when he arrived and felt loved straight away but even more so when2 of Leinster's biggest ever knobs "Neil Francis and Ger Gilroy" get fussed over it all.

Gilroy showed his top class levels of journalism yesterday on it all. Leinster would never ever take a Munster player in roles reversed.
When asked where Sean Cronin, Mike Ross, Trevor Hogan, Stephen Keogh, Ian Nagle, Brian O'Meara etc were from.... That was different.
What was worst is even other Leinster tinted journalist were basically saying "you're alone on this argument".

But back on game. The backrow clash will be phenomenal and up front we will be tested as that front row is very good. Love him or loathe him Cockers is a fabulous coach who lost his way at Tigers just simply by being there too long. A break suited him and he is proving his credentials as a coach up north of the border.

@Groundhog agree we were clueless at times but Tyler looked back on form and caused a huge momentum shift Saturday.

My biggger worry from watching trainings is 9 more than 10
Munster are 4 point favourites, it'd be a disappointment if ye didn't win.

As for Carbery, it was the right decision this season but beyond that it may not be. It was different from any signing before, the IRFU moved him mid contract which was unprecedented. I'm not going to endorse Gilroy, he's a chode but Leinster fans don't have to like what Carbery did or want him to have loads of success with our biggest rivals.

I also fear for the lad playing with the Murray handicap.

Munster are 4 point favourites, it'd be a disappointment if ye didn't win.

As for Carbery, it was the right decision this season but beyond that it may not be. It was different from any signing before, the IRFU moved him mid contract which was unprecedented. I'm not going to endorse Gilroy, he's a chode but Leinster fans don't have to like what Carbery did or want him to have loads of success with our biggest rivals.

I also fear for the lad playing with the Murray handicap.
I think it was. Like I feel Joey as thrived and benefitted from being the main 10 here. Next season if he was with Ireland it would mean he would have lost out on kicking on this season as a 10 and Ross Byrne is there at the moment as well as a few more like Harry Byrne coming through. Yes Joey may get gtime at 15 etc but he doesn't want to be a 15.
On Gilroy, it's not even his dislike for Munster or his dislike for Joey. More how uneducated he was on the whole thing.
I don't read too much in to the handicap as I feel they aren't getting enough credit. I do believe we will win if we play to potential but we are not a cert to hit potential.

Also I would start Alby myself and well feel Conor may force it too much but well we know if he hits form it will be good.

Was Carbery moving the right decision for him? Yes

Does that mean Leinster fans are meant to be happy that one of their most talented young players moved to their biggest rivals? No

You recognise that he made the right decision in terms of his personal development without being happy with how it worked out.

I hope he realises his potential as a player and has a great career with Ireland but that isn't the same as wanting him to succeed at Munster, even if he's already their best 10 since Tony Ward.

Was Carbery moving the right decision for him? Yes

Does that mean Leinster fans are meant to be happy that one of their most talented young players moved to their biggest rivals? No

You recognise that he made the right decision in terms of his personal development without being happy with how it worked out.

I hope he realises his potential as a player and has a great career with Ireland but that isn't the same as wanting him to succeed at Munster, even if he's already their best 10 since Tony Ward.
Well I think Tony Ward was not as good as ROG myself.
On Leinster fans disliking Joey now. Nobody is arguing at that just the awful journalism that Gilroy and Francis produce. Make no sense and seem to be totally idiotic lately. Remember Francis was going on about the possibility that Wales could win a Slam and still not win the 6 Nations 2 weeks ago.

On Leinster fans disliking Joey now. Nobody is arguing at that just the awful journalism that Gilroy and Francis produce. Make no sense and seem to be totally idiotic lately. Remember Francis was going on about the possibility that Wales could win a Slam and still not win the 6 Nations 2 weeks ago.
Might want to take some of your own advice Muff! :p
The thing on Zebo[Francis] is lads. Paper never refused ink. And he knows it. Like him or hate him ye are here talking about him meaning he is still relevant. That is what he wants.

I was only taking the **** with the Tony Ward thing, obviously O'Gara is better. It's just that every other Munster 10 I can think of is ex-Leinster.

Francis is a muppet, no two ways about it.

Genuinely wouldn't surprise me at all if Joey retired having won more with Leinster than Munster though.

Might want to take some of your own advice Muff! :p
The thing on Zebo[Francis] is lads. Paper never refused ink. And he knows it. Like him or hate him ye are here talking about him meaning he is still relevant. That is what he wants.
100% agree on Zebo too. Thing is he is an active player and is relevant to some extent. On Francis he is on declining figures for his column and is being forced upon us. But even so if he is he should at least have facts correct like it's impossible to win a Slam and not be 6Nations Champions.

@Leinster Fan it's very possible Joey wins more at Leinster than Munster as no guarantee of Munster winning anything. But if he were to do it at Munster I feel it may a tad more as it's his ship to steer. Munster actually have a good record of producing 10s. Thing that has hurt us last few years is decline in Schools game here. But that is improving.

Latest posts