• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

HEC: Munster - Northampton Saints (12-11-2011)

Eh? I do not understand your English. Man-on-man Saints look stronger, especially in the back-line. We all know it is difficult to win in Thomand; I for one hope Munster win, but wouldn't be surprised to see Saints win by 5+
Man on man I disagree that they are stronger in my opinion we can match them up front. (Yes I know a bold call), We have the better 2nd row and well in the backrow Niall Ronan is getting slammed before he's played a game and well has failed to deliver in the past but had a good game last week with 2 superb tackles that saved certain tries and well if McGahan picks on form it has to be acroos board. And he'll try his heart out.
Saints have Ryan Lamb at 10 and well he can be good but if he's pressured (and if his history playing Munster continues) he crumbles. I think we can equal them in the backrow and while Wood is a good player I don't think he is fast enough.
Also we have players that are prone to conceding pens but they do too and well as I said I don't think they are better man to man or as a team. It's tight and they are no pushovers or bottlers but either are Munster.

I agree with a lot of that, but Wood is very quick isn't he?
I thought he was supposed to be up there with Tom Croft/Guest as the fastest backrowers in the Premiership

Wood is a Richie McCaw type fetcher (only he's capable of nicking the ball legally). Never really thought about his pace before, the likes of Wilson, Clark and Lawes are in place for that part.

I'd consider Wood a much better 6 and well as Mite pointed lack of pace isn't a factor for Saints but my point being Saints while they are a good team do have some flaws (as do Munster) and I think this game will be tight and physical and well it stormy here with 80mph winds expected and rain so we all know it'll be a tight game and well I just think under Axel's watch our pack is back to being hardened and well we did really match and put it up to Leinster pack last week, especially their backrow who many rate as one of best in Europe.

I'd consider Wood a much better 6 and well as Mite pointed lack of pace isn't a factor for Saints but my point being Saints while they are a good team do have some flaws (as do Munster) and I think this game will be tight and physical and well it stormy here with 80mph winds expected and rain so we all know it'll be a tight game and well I just think under Axel's watch our pack is back to being hardened and well we did really match and put it up to Leinster pack last week, especially their backrow who many rate as one of best in Europe.

Why? How often have you seen him play there?

Todays 1am post of Amazingness:

• As much as i despise saints for being consistently the filthiest, dirtiest team in the Premiership, and for their unadulterated disgusting atempts to maim leinster players in last years HC final, i actually like ashton's dive- i love a bit of arrogance. I'm a big Ronaldo fan, and Rick Flair is a legend. But the liking of aston stops there. If he ever looks sideways at ROG again, lke he did last year, ill break into his gaf of a Sunday night , and **** into the ice bag he massages his ego with on Monday mornings.

And as for Lawes and only having 4 yellows in 80 matches, i think youll find that evry single english player is treated favourably by the refs in that league- some of the SHlTE they get away with is laughable.

jesus, i cant wait to see Munster f*cking demolish them tomorrow. We need some Tina Turner lookalikes, and the beyond the thunderdome extra cast to line the entrance to the pitch, cos i can see nowt but a green and black bloodbath tomorrow.​

http://www.munsterfans.com/showthread.php/30048-Munster-v-Northampton-team-post-353?p=982518&viewfull=1#post982518

B
less his little cotton socks.

I'm looking forward for this one, just have to compete with the flatmate who wants to watch the Fallover-ball at the same time.

It's simple, take the flatmate out to the back garden and play tackling to decide who gets the remote. Or punch him in the nuts and say "**** off down the pub".

John Hayes could win his 99th HEC cap tonight if he gets on... Fair enough to him...

It's simple, take the flatmate out to the back garden and play tackling to decide who gets the remote. Or punch him in the nuts and say "**** off down the pub".

I won that, turns out he'd off into town to see Dave Gorman.

Good game so far, Munster came flying out but that's a stunning try in the counter attack.

Saints back three are world class. You can dislike Ashton all you want, but the guy can finish.

Saints back three are world class. You can dislike Ashton all you want, but the guy can finish.

I actually don't dislike him, he's a top winger and as you say, he can certainly score tries. I don't even mind the splash. The way I see it is if you've scored a try, flair play to you, do what you want short of making rude gestures

The work-rate by Lawes is incredible, such a machine.

Artemyev is a brilliant talent too - makes you wonder of the untapped talent in the east!

Lamb refuses to acknowledge the word "miss"

No-one make a married women joke.

That one doesn't count - more for legal reasons than anything else