HEC: Semi-Final Leinster vs Toulouse

Predicted Winner?

• Leinster

Votes: 26 54.2%
  • Toulouse

Votes: 22 45.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Probably the same Leinster team I would have picked. Jennings has come back from injury well but Mclaughlin has been immpressive in the lineout and he is a strong ball carrier. I would expect Jennings to come off the bench and he will add some experience. I also think that its good that we have selected the same as the quarters as that will mean that the whole team is used to playing with each other in this kind off atmosphere and intensity. Looking at the teams I think are major advantage point is the half back combonation. Reddan and Sexton have played well together and I think they will control the game well. I think Toulouse's threats are their big front row that could be hard to handle even for the vastly improved and onform Leinster front row. Also Toulouse's backthree are so dangerous and they can score tries from anywhere. Leinster's kicks will have to be inch perfect.

Clerc, that sneaky *******...
That yellow on bod seems rather harsh though.
Richie McCaw and BOD were shown yellow cards on the same day. History in the making?

**** it I am loaded ....I won on some VB dollars game ...Leinster looking dodgy Toulouse could nick it

Only saw the last 10 or so but Leinster must have had a cracking first half cause they looked poo!

Not a classic from the performances, but that game was a stonker. Heaslip was rather special today and I'll confess to being pleasantly surprised by D'arcy - you'd think he hasn't been playing like a donkey for the past year. It looks also like Jouzion should be put out to stud.

I wonder if Michelak would have made the spark.

Fair play to Leinster, the subs made a big difference.

Good game. **** it, great game. Drama throughout, never thought we were safe. Massive performances from Johnny 10 , Heaslip, Shaggy, Strauss and Dorce. Toulouse were great with ball in hand, our biggest test of the year so far in terms of making us defend. Hopefully Seanie gets away lightly. He swung out against a man holding his jersey, happens all the time. Should get a similar ban to the O'Connell one I guess. Bench was immense.

If I'm a bit all over the place it's to be expected. Woooo!!! Roll on Cardiff!

Only saw the last 10 or so but Leinster must have had a cracking first half cause they looked poo!

Leinster played their best in match at about 50-80 mins I would say. People may say that Leinster weren't great and of course they have played with more flair at times this season but lets remeber Toulouse were very good today (better than I expected them to be) and we still managed to win which is great. Leinster have been tested so much in the last few weeks and this match was a huge test. Losing BOD, conseeding an early shock try etc. will prepare us well for the final.

Good match i knew leinster would do it, Also i didnt like the toulouse number 6 He prevented sean o brien to go to make the try saving tackle

I think Heinke deserves a special mention to. That was a big moment and phscyological blow to Toulouse when that 1st scrum after he came out went Leinsters way with him at the front.

Fair play, sounds like a good match, and the munster one
Going to have to acquire these to watch later

If O'Brien gets suspended I'll be pretty indignant. Nyanga was being a little prick. Deserved a box. Seanie woulda been all over Picamoles had it not been for him.

Not a great performance by Leinster in attack but their defense held up real well. Boss coming on made a big difference. Reddan had a rubbish game. Boss to start in the final.

I think Heinke deserves a special mention to. That was a big moment and phscyological blow to Toulouse when that 1st scrum after he came out went Leinsters way with him at the front.
Best substitution ever?

Toulouse didn't really trouble Leinster's defence out wide - I know sometimes it looks like a panic, but the drift defence mostly keeps things under control. So the second french try from the big scrum was the only time alarm bells rang for Leinster. What did Leinster do? Took off Healy after he'd had a great run in attack, and next scrum Toulouse got shafted. Game over.

Thought BOD should have had the ball much earlier for that second try - he's better at drilling over the line than any pod of forwards.

Can't see Northampton coping with Leinster. No idea about Perpi.

What happened with O'Brien? Didn't see it at the match what time was it at I'll check Sky+.

2nd Toulouse try; start of the 2nd half. Toulouse had a scrum in Leinster's 5 metre line. Picamoles broke from the back of the scrum into heaps of open space where O'Brien should've been. In the replay it can be seen that Nyanga was holding O'Brien back so he couldn't go in to defend. O'Brien swung and arm at Nyanga. I would've done the same were I O'Brien

Latest posts